PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapp: Bennett exit . real possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
He chooses to be a public figure, he puts himself out there for public comment. Obviously it's his choice but to compare himself having to choose between, say, $6M and $8M to someone choosing between, say, $40K and $50K is absurd and totally out of touch. Do these guys realize that the vast majority of people would consider it to be a big win to have $1M saved for retirement ? I love sports but the money disgusts me.

NYFL athletes are way way down the list of overpaid persons. Start with Matt Lauer, who was "insulted" a few years ago by an offer of 17 million per year. He's now up to 28 million per year.

How about Hollyweird, where actors read a writers words and are directed how to say them by directors? They make much more than athletes.

Agree...also many of these guys are unemployable in any other job.

There are plenty of doors that open for ex-athletes. Not to mention the education that many of them get for free.

Thanks for your efforts and humor Marty.

Good luck finding what you're looking for

I agree, and I will wish him well if he leaves, but if he leaves for the biggest payday and it turns out his new team is not a serious contender or he is unhappy with the management, then I hope he has the decency to keep his mouth shut about it and not be disruptive.

Take a look at the contract the Browns paid Jamie Collins, it was so much that Collins signed without even testing the FA waters. Certain teams overpay for a reason, and the predictable results follow.

Last edited:
So you got caught doing something stupid and then bragging about it and your solution is to put me on the ignore list. Good job.

Let me be the first to say that I for one enjoy your many "doing something stupid" posts. Entertaining.

NYFL athletes are way way down the list of overpaid persons. Start with Matt Lauer, who was "insulted" a few years ago by an offer of 17 million per year. He's now up to 28 million per year.

How about Hollyweird, where actors read a writers words and are directed how to say them by directors? They make much more than athletes.
Don't disagree with that. Athletes are still way overpaid, though.

Athletes are still way overpaid, though.

Athletes aren't overpaid. Otherwise the pro leagues would be out of business because you're paying the players more than what they're worth across the board. They make so much because they make the teams/league they play for 10 or 20 times what they get paid. Yes, it really is that much money.

Athletes aren't overpaid. Otherwise the pro leagues would be out of business because you're paying the players more than what they're worth across the board. They make so much because they make the teams/league they play for 10 or 20 times what they get paid. Yes, it really is that much money.
Well I disagree but it gets into things way beyond sports so I'll leave it alone.

I still don't want to pay Bennett what he probably wants and don't want to make Hightower the top paid LB in the league.

Love what Marty did for us hope he gets paid but not by us we have other pressing Needs.This Draft is Very Deep for TE's every kind possible Inline - move/flex you name it.:cool:

His wife makes like 35 million per year. Plus he's got Under Armour and those stupid mattress commercials, among other things. Hightower doesn't have the endorsements or star power. How many people outside of NE fans even know who he is?

Anyone who advocates for a player to leave a great situation in professional sports for a bit more money (or more than he is worth) is an idiot.

Go look up what D. Branch said. Givens. Heck even Moss had a major regret. Their agents plus the fans that said "go get yours" were morons and it most likely cost them and the Patriots even more rings.

Alot of top talent being franchised today. Giants tagged JPP. 17 million. Melvin Ingram likely tagged as well.

Antonio Brown just got paid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back