PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be an OK explanation if his prodcution was a little off, but he was terrible. He caught 6 passes in 8 games. He was on the bench behind stiffs.
For those 8 games he probably had the least recpetions per snaps played of any WR in the entire NFL, and if it wasn't the least he was only behind some stiffs.

I was exclusively addressing the speed issue wrt his age and health. There are a lot of other potential reasons for his performance being terrible, not the least of which is his attitude (possibly a result of other Titans' offensive and coaching issues, at least in part).

I was exclusively addressing the speed issue wrt his age and health. There are a lot of other potential reasons for his performance being terrible, not the least of which is his attitude (possibly a result of other Titans' offensive and coaching issues, at least in part).

I do not buy the excuses that everyone wants to make for him. I also don't understand how it is somehow better to believe he could play and chose not to.

But seriously, are you really trying to convince me that Moss could have gone out and dominated but chose to be basically the worst WR in the NFL for that half season becuase of some fabricated excuse? The coaches said his attitude was fine. He was out on the field running routes trying to get open and having the ball thrown to him when he was.
I simply do not understand why people are so intent on pretending he could still play but just didn't want to rather than accept what happened to him is what happens to every player when they age, his skills eroded.
Should we bring back Jr Seau and argue he only declined because his attitude was bad?

Why this thread continues to draw interest is beyond me. Why is it so difficult for people to come to grips with the fact that Randy Moss can't play anymore? He's done, he's cooked, he's toast. Hell, he was done, cooked and toast in 2010. Any additional effort in this area is a GD fool's errand. I loved Randy while he was here and, if it weren't for the most ridiculously lucky play in the history of the SB, he'd have been the hero who scored the winning TD abd capped the 19-0 season. But it's over, no one is biting and the longer it goes on, the more pathetic he becomes. I hope he salvages his dignity and just fades off into the sunset.

Why this thread continues to draw interest is beyond me. Why is it so difficult for people to come to grips with the fact that Randy Moss can't play anymore? He's done, he's cooked, he's toast. Hell, he was done, cooked and toast in 2010. Any additional effort in this area is a GD fool's errand. I loved Randy while he was here and, if it weren't for the most ridiculously lucky play in the history of the SB, he'd have been the hero who scored the winning TD abd capped the 19-0 season. But it's over, no one is biting and the longer it goes on, the more pathetic he becomes. I hope he salvages his dignity and just fades off into the sunset.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you worked him out already!

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you worked him out already!
I don't need to work him out any more than I need to work out Secretariat or Sea Biscuit.

I don't need to work him out any more than I need to work out Secretariat or Sea Biscuit.

I don't know if you are right or not, but that's pretty funny.

Moss Wayne Welker Gronk A-Ha

Moss Wayne Welker Gronk A-Ha

A-Ha??????????????????????? I don't know...seems pretty frail to be an NFL player(s)...

a-ha-62024.jpg

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is his bra strap showing there?

This post illustrates why there is no need to read anything you write that's moss related.

If we're going to be brutally honest, there is really no need to read anything anyone writes Moss related...

I do not buy the excuses that everyone wants to make for him. I also don't understand how it is somehow better to believe he could play and chose not to.

But seriously, are you really trying to convince me that Moss could have gone out and dominated but chose to be basically the worst WR in the NFL for that half season becuase of some fabricated excuse? The coaches said his attitude was fine. He was out on the field running routes trying to get open and having the ball thrown to him when he was.
I simply do not understand why people are so intent on pretending he could still play but just didn't want to rather than accept what happened to him is what happens to every player when they age, his skills eroded.
Should we bring back Jr Seau and argue he only declined because his attitude was bad?

Here's my original post on Moss - which was in response to WelshPat saying "he looked slow in TEN."

Moss is a long-strider. Even when he was young, he often "looked" slow. Or lazy. But that has kinda been his thing. While most guys seem to shorten their stride to accelerate, Moss seems to lengthen his. A guy covering him would see him continuing to lope along and wouldn't realize till too late that Moss had him by a couple yards.

OTOH, he'd been working through injuries that actually DID slow him down since about midway through the 2009 season. So, really hard to say where he is now based on a few games with TEN, where there were, of course, several other issues with the offense.

I truly don't know where the F**K you get that I'm "making excuses for him" or that I'm "trying to convince (anyone) that he could have gone out and dominated" or that I'm pretending he could still play," but your response is typical of your tendency to extrapolate the comments of others into unrecognizable bullsh*t to justify your own angry prejudices. Which is really tragic since you also have posted some very thoughtful and balanced analyses that objectively explore possibilities.

Seriously, you need to work on curtailing this because it detracts from the better work that you do.

Last edited:
Here's my original post on Moss - which was in response to WelshPat saying "he looked slow in TEN."

I truly don't know where the F**K you get that I'm "making excuses for him" or that I'm "trying to convince (anyone) that he could have gone out and dominated" or that I'm pretending he could still play," but your response is typical of your tendency to extrapolate the comments of others into unrecognizable bullsh*t to justify your own angry prejudices. Which is really tragic since you also have posted some very thoughtful and balanced analyses that objectively explore possibilities.

Seriously, you need to work on curtailing this because it detracts from the better work that you do.

You blamed 6 catches in 8 games in 2010 without a single reported injury on '
he'd been working through injuries that actually DID slow him down since about midway through the 2009 season.'.
How is that not making excuses?

Source: Unretired Randy Moss willing to return to league with no guaranteed money - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Says Moss will take no upfront money and go through an entire offseason program with a team for nothing.

The article also makes it perfectly clear that the NEP had no interest last year nor have they any this year.

Moss, who announced his plans earlier this month to return after retiring from football last August, has received interest from two teams, although neither is the New England Patriots, the team Moss has repeatedly expressed undying respect for since it traded him in 2010.

Moss sat out all of the 2011 season after receiving little interest from teams. Although some clubs called him throughout the season, Moss wanted to play with only a handful of teams, including the Patriots and New York Jets last season.

The problem Randy faces is this. He shot his way out of the only place he ever loved over feeling disrespected due to future financial concerns. They sent him to the only other place he ever loved or had succeeded for a time, where fans forgave and forgot and rolled out the welcome home banners for him, and where while the HC may have been a dufus he traded for him and had the only other QB Randy ever supposedly wanted to play with under contract. And he **** all over them, on the field, in his pressers, in the locker (or lunch) room. Then he was off to the Dean of Coaches den where he didn't make a sound, on or off the field. Not that I expected him to since even here he tended to whither/wear down down the stretch.

What GM wants to risk he comes in and makes it a point to wow everyone in shorts and shells in July and August endearing himself to teamates and media alike only to come to the realization it's not what he wanted and start holding post game pressers where he waxes poetic about the organization and HC and QB he will always treasure in hindsight...

Some desperate dope may but geesh...that's more an indictment of the desperation parity breeds than an endorsement of any remaining redeeming value Moss might possess.

You blamed 6 catches in 8 games in 2010 without a single reported injury on '
he'd been working through injuries that actually DID slow him down since about midway through the 2009 season.'.
How is that not making excuses?

DUDE!

It's only an OBSERVATION - and an objective one. None of knows for a fact what his health was then or how it may (or may not) have affected him or what his health is now. THAT IS A FACT.

Please learn how to read and argue like a grown-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down