PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Blasphemy ~ Unsolicited Speculation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. Trying to dazzle some anonymous internet dude that you hate ~ moi ~ by reading your alleged resume to'm? You sure sound emotionally secure, dude.
icon_lol.gif

Enjoy that weed bro! Don’t forget to pass it around to your friends

06 ~ My first addition to Cap Space is of course Brandin Cooks. I know that everybody loves that guy and that I’m going to get eviscerated for this, and I do not give a rat’s ass. I lauded Cooks in 2013, and he’s certainly top shelf talent…But I can’t stand’m. I’m a bit’f a braying jackass, myself, so I’ve got nothing against a fellow trying to build his brand, and I’ve got nothing a guy venting in public, per se, but Cooks publicly squawked about his role in New Orleans after a dominant victory, exposing himself, in my eyes, as a guy who doesn’t genuinely care about winning…and his pathetic play in the 2nd Quarter of the Super Bowl, when he easily had the crucial 1st Down, but gave it away to leap in the air like a putz, because he didn’t want to get clobbered when he cut it inside ~ and in so doing, cost us points that would’ve earned us our 6th Super Bowl Championship, for those scoring at home ~ confirmed my impression: He’s a Prima Donna who sells out when we need’m the most. I know that he talks a fine game and everyone loves’m, but I do not. I believe that he’s just been shining it up, to paraphrase Lou Gossett to Richard Gere in An Officer And A Gentleman, and I believe that, as with Randy Moss, his true character will eventually become clear to all. I’d trade’m to the highest bidder, and recoup that 8.4 Million to spend elsewhere. And I’d do so knowing that the market on Players of his skill are going for pretty much twice his 2018 salary. I don’t care. I don’t want this guy on my team, I know damned well he’s gone in a year if I’m running things, anyway ~ this is all an exercise in playing Fantasy General Manager, after all ~ so I’d rather get 2018 Draft Picks than a 2020 Draft Pick whose value is a 3.5 Round Pick at absolute maximum, while spending that 8.4 million on somebody who’ll hopefully think’f his teammates before himself.

Hurrah!! Mad Bill finally took my call!!
celebrate.gif

celebrate.gif

Great call OTG.

Someone really came with a great offer for Cooks. For #23 it really was a great deal. We essentially borrowed a year of Cooks for the equivalent of a third round pick and peanuts of salary if you put together all the picks that were involved.

I honestly didn't expect anyone to give up a first round pick for Cooks in his final rookie contract year.

Great call OTG.

Someone really came with a great offer for Cooks. For #23 it really was a great deal. We essentially borrowed a year of Cooks for the equivalent of a third round pick and peanuts of salary if you put together all the picks that were involved.

I honestly didn't expect anyone to give up a first round pick for Cooks in his final rookie contract year.

Thank you, Brother!! And I agree: I expected a 2nd and change. I had a prayer of getting a 1st, because the Free Agent Insanity with WideOuts this year rendered the final year of Cooks's contract even more'f a bargain than it already was...But the Value of Cooks's contract is something that I nevertheless expected to depreciate considerably since we traded for'm ~ 1 cheap year instead of the 2 we traded for ~ so I am pumped!! :D

Congratulations on spotting a BB decision in advance, Mr Grid! Not many can say they've done that.

And this is a good explanation for the trade.

Maybe we should be worried about it in a year, though, as I alluded to in part #1, up there...

Here's what elicited my concerns, about which I'd certainly like to hear your perspective: One year, hence, I foresee no less than 6 enormous raises coming due:

FB Brandin Cooks
SE Christopher Hogan
OG Shaq Mason
BT Malcom Brown
BT Danny Shelton
DE Trey Flowers

Those Salaries are one year away from hitting us like a Pig In A Python. :eek:

But the paragraph below doesn't convince me:

I know that everybody loves that guy and that I’m going to get eviscerated for this, and I do not give a rat’s ass. I lauded Cooks in 2013, and he’s certainly top shelf talent…But I can’t stand’m. I’m a bit’f a braying jackass, myself, so I’ve got nothing against a fellow trying to build his brand, and I’ve got nothing a guy venting in public, per se, but Cooks publicly squawked about his role in New Orleans after a dominant victory, exposing himself, in my eyes, as a guy who doesn’t genuinely care about winning…and his pathetic play in the 2nd Quarter of the Super Bowl, when he easily had the crucial 1st Down, but gave it away to leap in the air like a putz, because he didn’t want to get clobbered when he cut it inside ~ and in so doing, cost us points that would’ve earned us our 6th Super Bowl Championship, for those scoring at home ~ confirmed my impression: He’s a Prima Donna who sells out when we need’m the most. I know that he talks a fine game and everyone loves’m, but I do not. I believe that he’s just been shining it up, to paraphrase Lou Gossett to Richard Gere in An Officer And A Gentleman, and I believe that, as with Randy Moss, his true character will eventually become clear to all.

Judging players' characters from the outside is pretty speculative. Cooks was a model citizen in New England and it looks to me more like the play he got injured on was a bad decision made from a burning desire to make a big play in a big game. Attributing it to cowardice isn't worthy of you.

Congratulations on spotting a BB decision in advance, Mr Grid! Not many can say they've done that.

Judging players' characters from the outside is pretty speculative. Cooks was a model citizen in New England and it looks to me more like the play he got injured on was a bad decision made from a burning desire to make a big play in a big game. Attributing it to cowardice isn't worthy of you.
Yes, I think you can fault Cooks for trying to do too much (as on the play he tried to leap over the defender) rather than Cooks being weak.

Anyway, still a good prediction of coming events. If he gets the other 55 bulletpoints right....name change to NostraOTG.

celebrate.gif
How did he sell out when we needed him most? He was huge in the AFC title game and got hurt in the Super Bowl but, was off to a good start.

How did he sell out when we needed him most? He was huge in the AFC title game and got hurt in the Super Bowl but, was off to a good start.

He didn't "get hurt" but essentially knocked himself out of the game by not keeping his head straight. One of the most fundamental things in football.

And jumping **** first into an opponents face instead of diving for the first down didn't help either.

On the first: Thank you for your kind words, Brother Britt!!
beer.gif

One the second: I believe that you've misunderstood my meaning. May I recapitulate?

01 ~ I never called "cowardice" on any play. I did call his play in the 2nd quarter "selling out", and I stand by that...But I would characterize it as a "Business Decision." Had Cooks cut to the left or right ~ we're talking about the play inside the 10 yard line that cost us a 1st down and led to a failed Field Goal ~ he would've exposed himself to an enormous hit...so he jumped. :rolleyes: That's awfully lame, but not cowardly.

02 ~ By now, you probably already realize: I didn't even mention the play he got injured on, much less attribute his getting clobbered to "cowardice." That Play disgusted and horrified me, but it was not Cooks, but Jenkins, who elicited those feelings. :mad:

Thanks again for your gracious words on both counts, and I hope that clears things up?

He didn't "get hurt" but essentially knocked himself out of the game by not keeping his head straight. One of the most fundamental things in football.

And jumping **** first into an opponents face instead of diving for the first down didn't help either.
He’s not exactly Marvin Harrison here though lol. Can’t act like he choked in the big moments when he was pretty big for us. Where is the prima Donna Stuff coming from? Some wild speculation in this thread.

He’s not exactly Marvin Harrison here though lol. Can’t act like he choked in the big moments when he was pretty big for us. Where is the prima Donna Stuff coming from? Some wild speculation in this thread.

I dont think prima donna is the right word for it.

But there were a couple instances throughout the season that just made me scratch my head. The drops on short throws on the LOS where he mentally was already turning before even catching the ball or not contesting various deep balls that ended up INTs or close to INTs.

Add in his limited route tree and what WRs that have a big name now make in the post-Sammy Watkins reality.. I am not surprised that most prefer the first round pick to Cooks..

Yes, I think you can fault Cooks for trying to do too much (as on the play he tried to leap over the defender) rather than Cooks being weak.

Anyway, still a good prediction of coming events. If he gets the other 55 bulletpoints right....name change to NostraOTG.

Hah!! Thank yee kindly, Brother Clonamery...I hope you read my response to Brother Britt: I fault'm for making a "Business Decision", which has no place in the Super Bowl.

Trying to do too much? Yes, I believe that your argument has merit. However, I don't look it as kindly: I got a "I'm gonna avoid the big hit (ironically, as it turned out) and maybe splash myself on the highlight reel with this vertical." vibe from'is move.

If he's on my team, his only priority should've been Moving The Chains.

But I don't presume to read minds, only to evaluate them.
39.gif

I dont think prima donna is the right word for it.

But there were a couple instances throughout the season that just made me scratch my head. The drops on short throws on the LOS where he mentally was already turning before even catching the ball or not contesting various deep balls that ended up INTs or close to INTs.

Add in his limited route tree and what WRs that have a big name now make in the post-Sammy Watkins reality.. I am not surprised that most prefer the first round pick to Cooks..
The reason I prefer the pick is that there is more value in it now than a 3rd 2 years from now. I trust that there is a plan to spread his production. I agree there were some things to improve upon but he was not any NE WR named Chad.

06 ~ My first addition to Cap Space is of course Brandin Cooks. I know that everybody loves that guy and that I’m going to get eviscerated for this, and I do not give a rat’s ass. I lauded Cooks in 2013, and he’s certainly top shelf talent…But I can’t stand’m. I’m a bit’f a braying jackass, myself, so I’ve got nothing against a fellow trying to build his brand, and I’ve got nothing a guy venting in public, per se, but Cooks publicly squawked about his role in New Orleans after a dominant victory, exposing himself, in my eyes, as a guy who doesn’t genuinely care about winning…and his pathetic play in the 2nd Quarter of the Super Bowl, when he easily had the crucial 1st Down, but gave it away to leap in the air like a putz, because he didn’t want to get clobbered when he cut it inside ~ and in so doing, cost us points that would’ve earned us our 6th Super Bowl Championship, for those scoring at home ~ confirmed my impression: He’s a Prima Donna who sells out when we need’m the most. I know that he talks a fine game and everyone loves’m, but I do not. I believe that he’s just been shining it up, to paraphrase Lou Gossett to Richard Gere in An Officer And A Gentleman, and I believe that, as with Randy Moss, his true character will eventually become clear to all. I’d trade’m to the highest bidder, and recoup that 8.4 Million to spend elsewhere. And I’d do so knowing that the market on Players of his skill are going for pretty much twice his 2018 salary. I don’t care. I don’t want this guy on my team, I know damned well he’s gone in a year if I’m running things, anyway ~ this is all an exercise in playing Fantasy General Manager, after all ~ so I’d rather get 2018 Draft Picks than a 2020 Draft Pick whose value is a 3.5 Round Pick at absolute maximum, while spending that 8.4 million on somebody who’ll hopefully think’f his teammates before himself.

celebrate.gif

How did he sell out when we needed him most?

Respectfully, Brother Froob: I don't understand your confusion: I detailed exactly how he sold out ~ in my opinion ~ in the very post that you quoted.
huh.gif

"…and his pathetic play in the 2nd Quarter of the Super Bowl, when he easily had the crucial 1st Down, but gave it away to leap in the air like a putz, because he didn’t want to get clobbered when he cut it inside ~ and in so doing, cost us points that would’ve earned us our 6th Super Bowl Championship, for those scoring at home ~ confirmed my impression: He’s a Prima Donna who sells out when we need’m the most."

I don't hate the guy. I gave'm a Top 10 Grade in the Draft, and he's proven to be a terrific Player with an outstanding Work Ethic and brought a lot of good energy to the ClubHouse, last year...But neither do I like'm or want'm on my team.

He proved all my worst fears about'm right.

And I'm ecstatic that we traded'm.

But I wish'm no ill.

OTG. I’ll owe you a sexual favor if Jordan Richards is next.

Hah!! Mucho scratchy ass!! I'll take all the lovin' I can get...Of course, I probably won't be in a position to collect, if that happens, because I'll be j...never mind. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots