PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R-E-L-A-X on the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that they were sacrificed. But there is no reason to discuss details of games, criticism of game plans and players and lots of other things if all that matters is whether we win or lose.
Not sure what you mean here.
Are you really saying it's productive to whine about a win?

Are you telling me if you try hard enough you can convince me that we won but the way we won means we are now trailing in a future game?

Surely you have been a patriot fan limg enough to understand every game is different and you only take a win or a loss and film to study from a game and "almost lost" means nothing.

film to study from a game

I think this is the key. Ultimately it does come down to the film. I.e. figuring out what went wrong, and what worked.

When your team gives up 33 there are more of the "figuring out what went wrong" film work that needs to be done.

I think this is the key. Ultimately it does come down to the film. I.e. figuring out what went wrong, and what worked.

When your team gives up 33 there are more of the "figuring out what went wrong" film work that needs to be done.
Whether they let up 33 or 0 it's the same thing.

Good plays and bad plays are made in every game.
Playing badly on defense doesn't mean 11 players played badly on 70 plays.
Playing well doesn't mean 11 played great on 70 plays.
The difference is much narrower than that.

If you don't have football players who can play you will consistently not do do well. If you do you will mostly do better. One game or even one month isn't the determination of whether you have good football players.
And ever season you must fit the players together in a different way.
Our defense is so complex and so varied that some games especially early just won't look so good.
We were 2 yards instead of 4, or a missed tackle or a pss rusher being second slow way from many plus turning out differently. It's work in progress. We got a win we move on.

Yeah but we have a bunch of overpaid ******s pretending to be "leaders".

Maybe if they spent less time game planning a kneeling and actually play football..........

It is incredibly clear to anyone with a triple digit IQ who the "******" is here.

Pass rush was real close several times. Watson was playing his version of "first time mobile QB who either beats the Pats or comes close". He was one of the best I can ever recall in that role. Some great throws. Plus 14 pts from "fumble-6" and the Brady trip short field. Some stupid D plays for sure but considering the newness - I remain hopeful..

By fumble-6 don't you mean "Fumble And Return Touchdown"

Or FART for short.

With the last CBA, September is basically training camp, we've had a few injuries and our talented secondary hasn't gelled yet.

We know that with the greatest defensive mind our defense will slowly improve.

Watching this team play in September is informative, not dispositive. We learn what players can, and can't do. That doesn't mean that there won't be improvement. That doesn't mean that there won't be personnel changes. That doesn't mean the team won't make the Super Bowl.

But, as we've seen in the past, it shows us where the weaknesses are, before BB & Co. are able to fully implement the scheme needed to cover for all the flaws. And, it tells us what to consider questionable areas come playoff time, when higher level teams have a greater likelihood of being able to exploit some of those areas.

They've given up more points than any other team in the League (as of Monday afternoon, Week 3).
Only one team has scored more points than they have scored (LAR, 107 vs. NEP 99).
They're 2--1.
They have Brady.
Belichick has said 10,000 times that he doesn't know what he has in a team until early November.
Therefore, I choose to r-e-l-a-x until given good reason to do otherwise.

The other teams had the same restrictions in training camp.

And how many of the other teams have the same track record as this coaching staff of hitting the stride on both sides of the ball around mid/end October ? How many gain as much competitive advantage from gameplanning and film study as our team does by being a chameleon from week to week ?

Seriously, what a pointless garbage post and the usual bozos agree with this ****.

You're right it could improve we've seen it happen before but we've also drank the kool aid and said it would improve and it stayed JAG central all year and got smoked in the post season, there was a good 3-4 years of it.

The defense with this personnel without a trade will never be a good defense, it can get to average which could be enough to win a Super Bowl with Tom Brady.

But this defense with this secondary is pathetic, this secondary should make for a top 5 defense, top 10 at worst, right now it's one of the 5 worst defenses in the NFL, the front 7 lacks good players it's pretty clear to see.

I hope it can be fixed but it's more hope than confidence, they're giving up massive points and yardage to pop gun offenses in KC and Houston.

The biggest concern is the amount of big plays no matter how bad some Pats defenses have been they've never given up this many big plays, this is not the classic bend but don't break this is just bad defense.

What the **** are you talking about ? The defense has improved as the season went along every ****ing year since at least 2010. When exactly was it JAG central the last time ?

Even in 2011 the much aligned defense improved and played well enough to reach the SB despite an awful game from the offense against the Ravens. Seriously what the hell are you talking about ?

Exactly. Rowe/J Jones haven’t exactly been terrible either. It would be expected that corners can just play. I heard someone recently say that in regards to a potential Butler trade. Corners can be traded mid season and kinda just fit right in.

Go cover him etc.

This might really be the stupidest thing you have posted this season yet. In what universe is a CB in a recent Patricia/BB defense a plug and play player ? Do you seriously want to make them play man the entire game ? Are you that oblivious ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back