PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R-E-L-A-X on the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
With the last CBA, September is basically training camp, we've had a few injuries and our talented secondary hasn't gelled yet.

We know that with the greatest defensive mind our defense will slowly improve.

With the last CBA, September is basically training camp, we've had a few injuries and our talented secondary hasn't gelled yet.

We know that with the greatest defensive mind our defense will slowly improve.
It's played like crap.
By December we will be playkng for the #1 seed and how the defense played in September will be meaningless.

Are we really going to say anything can look any level of bad in September and we think this team won't fix it?

According to NFL.com, we are currently ranked #TERRIBLE in the league. However, it’s still week 3-4. BB & Patricia will work things out. It seems to me, that the issues are mostly communication issues & not a talent issue. If the D still looks like this around week 10-11 (real football season according to BB), then......Brady’s gonna have to go on FULL GOAT MODE x 2:D:D

Just my .02 cents.

It's hard to relax with the acrid stench emanating from Foxboro. IF the stench dies down I expect relaxation will ensue.

So far this defense is right up there with the abomination of a defense fielded in 2011.

The difference is that the 2010 defense wasn't good, and BB brain-farted and release our top 2 safeties in the pre-season. Whereas as the 2016 was quite good. And realistic expectations were for the 2017 defense to be similar in quality.

It's played like crap.
By December we will be playkng for the #1 seed and how the defense played in September will be meaningless.

Are we really going to say anything can look any level of bad in September and we think this team won't fix it?

This. Remember Revis and Browner the first 6 weeks of 2014? (Well, the first 4 no Browner).

The other teams had the same restrictions in training camp.

Bingo. And the whole “September is an extension of TC” only works if you are 3-0 or 2-1.

Doesn’t sound so good when you are 0-3 (Hello NYG) or 1-2 of which this team was precariously close to being after today. I’d half expect corners such as Butler and Gilmore not give up first down catch after first down catch. Even with the lack of TC reps

Bingo. And the whole “September is an extension of TC” only works if you are 3-0 or 2-1.

Doesn’t sound so good when you are 0-3 (Hello NYG) or 1-2 of which this team was precariously close to being after today. I’d half expect corners such as Butler and Gilmore not give up first down catch after first down catch. Even with the lack of TC reps

Oh good, the 'almost lost' crew is here.

Oh good, the 'almost lost' crew is here.

Is it not reality? Did they NOT almost lose? I guess it was in total control the entire game. There was never a doubt.

Get real. I used it as an example.

Is it not reality? Did they NOT almost lose? I guess it was in total control the entire game. There was never a doubt.

Get real. I used it as an example.

They won the game.

The 'almost lost' crew can go screw and listen to their masters Felger and Mazz for all I care.

They won the game.

The 'almost lost' crew can go screw and listen to their masters Felger and Mazz for all I care.

So we can’t have any critical thinking here? That’s good to know.

I don't doubt that they'll get better, but holy goodness are they terrible right now. They have a LONG way to go to even approach respectability.

Yup.

Needz moar timez.

Sure, the defense is making me angry. But I have seen them turn areas of weakness around too many times. Maybe this is a fatal flaw like the WR situation in 2006, or the complete lack of a pass rush during the Monty Beisel, Chad Brown era. But not until the final second of the last game of the season has passed will I concede that this cannot be improved. There is now way I will believe that this team can be this putrid defensively for the entire year. Not buying it.

It's hard to relax with the acrid stench emanating from Foxboro. IF the stench dies down I expect relaxation will ensue.

Yeah but we have a bunch of overpaid ******s pretending to be "leaders".

Maybe if they spent less time game planning a kneeling and actually play football..........

So we can’t have any critical thinking here? That’s good to know.
Critical thinking about what?
There are 2 results to a game, win or lose. Nothing that haopymd in a game carries into the next game.
Standings are not based upon voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back