PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question: Would you ever root for an AFC East rival if they were in the SB?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you ever root for an AFC East rival in the SB?

• Total voters
People felt sorry for the Bills. Four SB losses in a row. Ouch. Even I felt................. no nevermind......Buhahahahaaha

I actually meant Bulls as in Chicago :)

But yeah I think people had enough of the Bills when they won 4 AFC championships in a row and lost them all. Forget us as the “Patsies” it was the AFC that were the patsies back then.

Bills probably.
Dolphins and Jets only against Giants or 2013 seahawks

But I root for any team vs. the Pats if I were not a fan of them.

There are teams that I would *maybe* pull for the Dolphins over in the AFCCG (Colts, possibly Ravens, basically teams that have at any point in the last decade been legitimate rivals in a way the Dolphins never managed to be). I don't think I care enough about any NFC team to root for a division rival over them though. The Giants would probably come the closest I guess, but even then I don't really care about them considering that they haven't been relevant in like 7 years.

sure .... why not? if they were playing against the cowboys, giants, eagles, falcons, panthers, seahawks, it would be easy

Would be OK if the Bills won but only if it was at the expense of the Giants, Cowboys, or the NFL's special charity case Green Bay Packers.

Could possibly be OK if the Dolphins won but only if Shula and Mercury Morris were taking their dirt naps and then only if they were up against the Giants, Cowboys, or Packers.

Will never be OK if the Jets win - I would go so far as to be pissed if even the Winnipeg Jets win it would be too close to the odious ones from Jersey winning - even if up against a team comprised entirely of Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, Bernard Pollard, and Ben Dreith relatives. F them through eternity

One of the networks will hire me if I am fired from my coaching position.
(Which will never happen) I would be forced to debate this guy:

For me this is simple in that 4 of my top 5 most hated teams are all AFC so they would already be out of it in a super bowl.

#1 Colts seriously F that organization from the top all the way to the bottom 0-16 For the next 100 years is not enough.
#2 Jets go see tune and joker in the jets suck thread nuff said.
#3 Ravens fugly inbred muscle bound thugs plus Ray Lewis killed a guy
#4 Steelers they would be higher if we weren't their daddies every playoffs and their tears weren't so delicious. Bunch of whiny entitled hypocritical crybabies. Cheatriots when the whole backbone of their 6 titles were steroid fueled.
#5 giants this is the closest I can get to understanding patriot fatigue. They have my grudging respect as a generally we'l run organization but the fact that they stole perfection lands them on my list.

Now Miami is in my top ten so I could see rooting for them against the giants but that's it. Not sure where buffalo is but it's much lower so i might root for them against a team I am indifferent to like Atlanta, da bears, Tampa bay etc. Now add a former patriot I like to a team like Detroit or San Fran and then sorry Bills you continue to go winless.

Now in that nightmare mentioned earlier jets are playing undefeated giants.....blech blech ugggg why would you come up with such horror? I actually have to say well done you came up with what I thought was impossible. A situation I might, feeling dirtier then I ever have in my life, root for a jete victory. Course I would root harder for a natural disaster that destroys both teams.

Right, and to make your nightmare worse, imagine if the Giants came into the game with an undefeated record. You would root for the Jets by default, right?

You should consider writing horror. NFL horror - it can be a new subgenre, sorta like how A Gronking to Remember opened up a new NFL romance genre.

I actually meant Bulls as in Chicago :)

But yeah I think people had enough of the Bills when they won 4 AFC championships in a row and lost them all. Forget us as the “Patsies” it was the AFC that were the patsies back then.

Whoops. Misread that one.

And you're original point is a good one.

Reactions: sb1
If the patriots aren’t in the SB I don’t root for anyone.

Previously I would root for The Team Playing Against Peyton Manning.

I could root for the Bills, because it's hard to feel hate for such a sad puppy.

I could not-root-against the Dolphins, depending on who they're playing - it's more fun to imagine Snyder's misery than the Dolphins being crushed.

If the Jetes are playing, at best I'll hope for a giant meteor.

Maybe Buffalo because there has never been crazy hate with them. Plus, they have passionate fans & are a blue collar city. NY is full of self entitled people. Miami is full of bandwagoners.

Last edited:
A lot of people are saying they'd root for The Bills. I think they've been so irrelevant for so long that Patsfans haven't paid much attention to them, but they are as bad as any fan base toward the Pats. They seem to buy the cheating narrative as much or more than Jets fans. See the thread below for their mindset.

What is it with NE? Why isn't this all cool to see?

A lot of people are saying they'd root for The Bills. I think they've been so irrelevant for so long that Patsfans haven't paid much attention to them, but they are as bad as any fan base toward the Pats. They seem to buy the cheating narrative as much or more than Jets fans. See the thread below for their mindset.

What is it with NE? Why isn't this all cool to see?

It's mostly pity, I think, and it's hard to really feel hate for something so harmless as the Bills have been for two decades.

I would root for the Bills. Good fans (atleast all the ones I know)

IF there was a gun to my head, the Dolphins. The Jets not even then.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back