PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question: Would you ever root for an AFC East rival if they were in the SB?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you ever root for an AFC East rival in the SB?

• Total voters

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score
I think this is an interesting hypothetical discussion to have during another Pats SB bye week.

Michael Irvin, he of the Dallas Cowboys, has said that he is going to be rooting for the EAGLES in the Super Bowl. Not only that but he added the hashtag #FlyEaglesFly to his Tweet, which naturally caused all of Cowboy Nation to come through with the pitchforks and torches.

Mind you, Eagles fans cheered back in the day when this happened...

IMG_20180124_002956.jpg

And he isn't the only one. I know a few Cowboys fans who I work with who absolutely hate the Pats (you know, CHEATRIOTZ.) and don't want them to win #6 since the Cowboys have 5 championships. I could certainly understand that logic. But to then root for the EAGLES?? Who as of this posting have 0 SBs? Which means bragging rights for Cowboys fans??

So, imagine for a moment if the Jets (HAHAHAHAHAHA) the Bills (ROFLLLLLLLLL) or the Dolphins (HEHHEHEHEH) were in the Super Bowl. I said imagine it!!!! ;)
Now, would you root for them in the SB? What would have to be the circumstance for you to do it if you did it?

Plot Twist:

This guy is a writer for DallasCowboys.com.
This really surprises me but it shouldn't. There is a lot of PDS out there.

There are a lot of NFC teams I dislike (ex. Falcons, Seahawks, Cowboys...) but I don't dislike them enough to cheer for an AFC East team to win it all, so no.

I rooted for the Bills in the 90's. I don't dislike them at all. Jets and Miami, I cannot bring myself to think positive of them at all. If the Bills go to the SB in the post-Brady era, I can visualize myself rooting for them, unless they are going against Goroppolo.

Odd that this subject is coming up here, as I married into a family of Dallas fans and they always subscribe to the theory that they should always back the NFC East in the Super Bowl, which seems baffling to me.

Something about taking pride in a stronger division. I dunno.

No. Never. I won't watch a Super Bowl unless Bill Belichick or Tom Brady is in it. When they're gone, I'm gone. **** the corrupt NYJFL* and the corrupt 32.
I’ll probably just root for one of the related castoffs like the Texans or 49’ers. Nah, I’m just kidding. I’m definitely a fan for life. I’ve got “Patriots” tattooed on my johnson.

Actually, check that—it says “New England Patriots Professional Football Organization.”

I root for rivals all the time when the Patriots are out of it. Of course, this has rarely happened in the past 18 years but was a common occurrence the first 40 years. :)

I root for rivals all the time when the Patriots are out of it. Of course, this has rarely happened in the past 18 years but was a common occurrence the first 40 years. :)

I hear ya, I used to do the same thing. I couldn’t do that now because of bad blood and all the cheater claims.

Last time I did root for a foe was the broncos against the panthers in the super bowl fifty. Reason was, I hate cam Newton’s stupid ass show boating crap. That’s probably the only way I’d root for a team I have an inherent dislike for

I'd root for the Bills if they made it to the Super Bowl.

The Dolphins? Doubt it, but it'd depend who they were playing. I just don't care about them.

But **** the Jets. I'd cheer on any team against them...

I’ll probably just root for one of the related castoffs like the Texans or 49’ers. Nah, I’m just kidding. I’m definitely a fan for life. I’ve got “Patriots” tattooed on my johnson.

Actually, check that—it says “New England Patriots Professional Football Organization.”
You know what they say about reading the fine print...:)

Nope, not gonna happen.....pats aren’t in Super Bowl, I’m watching one of my 3 games to glory....it’s not like I don’t have a few.....:)

If the Bills made it I’d root for them vs anyone.

I would root for the phins over the Giants

I wouldn’t root for the Jets. A Jets vs Giants Super bowl is my worst nightmare.

Really discussing with a Cowboys fan is not a wise use of lifetime.

A lot would depend on who is on the team. I will never, ever, root for a team with Barry Church on it. Ever.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back