PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feedback Question: Thread Prefix Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it's labeled properly and an explanation is given about keeping the politics on topic, that would be the equivalent of fair warning...

Yeah that would keep things in check. :rolleyes:

NSFW. A recent thread comes to mind. :eek:

Ian, again thank you enough for what you do, for us to enjoy. I like what we have but improvements are always welcome.
I have a request, whatever you can do make it easy for you to do, it would be appreciated.
I would like to see more people become a supporter as this is the best site in sports.
Maybe you would think about having different levels of supporters with the lower the options beginning at $10 and if you could offer some special privileges for additional money for different price stages you might get more financial support. Just a thought. I would pay more than $18 a year for the opportunity to use this forum. Sorry I can't think of any special offering at this time.

It's a great forum, so thanks for all your efforts.

as long as we can label some threads as cranky old man rants

as long as we can label some threads as cranky old man rants

That would fall under "Get Off My Lawn"
Might be sensible to label some Dumbass Kid Safe, the icon could be a trophy with a snowflake on it or a box of Pampers

Last edited:
@Ian, this is a good impulse but it could become overwhelming very quickly. You'll need to limit it to four or five labels, and use color to differentiate. And that still may junk up the presentation too much.

Is there a site that's doing this that we could look at, to get a sense of the finished product?

Or just have a separate political forum.

Used to have one. Ian killed it. I'm just trying to find a way to have reasonable football/politics discussions when they cross over.

I would like to see thread titles automatically adjust to include the term Cat Fight any time Andy Johnson exceeds 30 posts within that thread.
I am honored by your fascination with me.

I was thinking things like "News", "Stats", - maybe one for the "Game Thread" - etc. but wanted to get some feedback from everyone so we can have a list that might work well. I've seen these used elsewhere and they seem to make things a little easier to follow, so I thought I'd run this by everyone to see what you guys thought.

I like the ones on the hockey forum: we could use a number of them here.

Attachments

• 352F67AF-1955-4F71-A178-A299956E2CFE.png
    352F67AF-1955-4F71-A178-A299956E2CFE.png
    507.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 7CDE0CED-F220-4B09-952D-53E3FEB4F222.png
    7CDE0CED-F220-4B09-952D-53E3FEB4F222.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 12
BBB - *****ing about Bill Belichick
BTB - *****ing about Tom Brady
GB - General *****ing

I'm in favor of it if I get to pick the names and icons for the categories.

Ian. This is great. I just clicked on your feedback identifier and it took me to seperate page. I think that means if you had an identifier for game analysis and someone clicked on that identifier it would organize all the analysis labeled pages onto one page. Correct? If so that's great.

I like the constant colliding of extreme homers vs. chicken littles. Splitting them up would ruin the art of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News