Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you could have a bunch of them:

Gameday
Draft
Draft scout
Game Breakdown
etc....

@Ian, this is a good impulse but it could become overwhelming very quickly. You'll need to limit it to four or five labels, and use color to differentiate. And that still may junk up the presentation too much.

Is there a site that's doing this that we could look at, to get a sense of the finished product?
Fark.com

Regards,
Chris

Do you mean that the mods would give these labels? Or that thread starters would do it?

If the latter, I can just see it as adding endless opportunities for pointless argument so, in that case, I'd rather not.

If it is easy to implement and you have the appetite to do it, try it and see what happens.

But, I don't have an existing problem with the board being too complex to navigate as is. It's one of the best places on the internet IMO. If it's a hassle or expensive to do, I wouldn't bother.

Just going through some things and I now have the ability to add these, which has come up in the discussion on some previous threads. I'd love to have everyone help put together a list that they'd like to see added and then I'll go ahead and get them implemented, which should help segment some of the discussions a little better. So let me know what you think might work and hopefully, we'll get these up and running.
I just wish you would keep the non football stuff out of the Pats forum. I have no interest in LeBron James stuff, if I did I would presume I would look under Celtics. The past few months it seems that there has been an increase in these subjects. Please just leave this forum to football.

or not have one at all and just try and be respectful of other peoples opinions.

It’s not like people respect each other’s football opinions on this board...so why not have a separate politics forum too?

Last edited:
I just wish you would keep the non football stuff out of the Pats forum. I have no interest in LeBron James stuff, if I did I would presume I would look under Celtics. The past few months it seems that there has been an increase in these subjects. Please just leave this forum to football.
No doubt it’s blocking out the ****load of other football and Pats-related news at this time.

Tags I'd like:
OT
Politics
Poll
Funny/Joke
NSFW (joking obviously)
Some kind of tag for X's and Os or Breakdown or something like that for actual football analysis.
Gossip/Pop culture.

With the way it looks on the forum, I'll have to retrain my brain on scanning the main page.

I think it would be better to have the Mods add thread prefixes. That way we can have consistency in prefixes used and would be helpful when a Mod merges 2 or more threads of a similar nature.

I would like to see thread titles automatically adjust to include the term Cat Fight any time Andy Johnson exceeds 30 posts within that thread.
Andy is not Felis Domesticus.

As you can see from this thread we need a (Serious) one lol.

I say add the feature suggested however make it exclusively for site supporters. ;)

Will the thread prefixes pass the scratch post and laser tests?

I think a "Feedback" thread prefix would be worthwhile, IMO.

I guess I lean more toward the sentiment of ...

But I'm a geezer. :) It's your site, Ian. Do what you think is best.

I’ve mentioned this before (Unrelated to OP) but I think it would be cool to be able to post polls in the middle of a thread, rather than only as the start of a thread. Would be a quick way to get people to weigh in on one side or another of whatever debate is going on in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes