PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feedback Question: Thread Prefix Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I am old school, sometimes trying to make things better just make them worse...

Fine with the way things are.. this is by far the best discussion board on the internet.

That would fall under "Get Off My Lawn"
Might be sensible to label some Dumbass Kid Safe, the icon could be a trophy with a snowflake on it or a box of Pampers
i think the pampers might be better for the old guy threads

Chicken Little
The Sky Is Falling
Ex-Jet Arrested
Bad Uniforms
Cat-Like Quickness
Millennial Angst
Up In Smoke
Roid Rage

Have Bruins Celtics and RedSox discussions in one place. in the main forum. or in there own area of the board. not both.

i think the pampers might be better for the old guy threads

And yet our society continues to depend on it's elders while making excuses for and pampering the graceless children :rolleyes:

Have Bruins Celtics and RedSox discussions in one place. in the main forum. or in there own area of the board. not both.

What's that got to do with prefixes?
Honest question, this time of year what harm does it do to have a variety of topics open for discussion while we wait for TC to kick off? Think how many Brady/Belichick, No/U threads saying nothing new itt would take to fill the main page, nothing wrong with some variety while we wait.

What's that got to do with prefixes?
Honest question, this time of year what harm does it do to have a variety of topics open for discussion while we wait for TC to kick off? Think how many Brady/Belichick, No/U threads saying nothing new it would take to fill the main page, nothing wrong with some variety while we wait.
i love bruins sox Celtics conversations. I think u should have them in the main forum. or in their own forum. not both. it splinters the conversation. it makes no sense. and it kills activity in the forum area of the board for the sox pats and bruins.

Chicken Little
The Sky Is Falling
Ex-Jet Arrested
Bad Uniforms
Cat-Like Quickness
Millennial Angst
Up In Smoke
Roid Rage
Ex-Jet arrested? I think simply Jet Arrested would work better.

i love bruins sox Celtics conversations. I think u should have them in the main forum.
I feel the main forum should be for Patriots exclusively, perhaps with occasional OT threads involving big events outside that primary realm. Regular chat about the other Boston teams should be in their own dedicated forums.

Ian, I think it would also help if you could place a character limit for the thread title. Some of them are way too long.

I feel the main forum should be for Patriots exclusively, perhaps with occasional OT threads involving big events outside that primary realm. Regular chat about the other Boston teams should be in their own dedicated forums.

I have serious respect for your opinions as they almost always come from a considered position but I would point out at this time of year with FA gone cold and TC still a couple of weeks away the main forum needs all the bounce it can get. Icy in particular views the main board with a vigilant objective eye and does a great job steering OT threads to appropriate forums when they either head for the alfalfa or start to wind down. When camp cranks up and there's more than enough to fill the board then of course the OT discussions need to be elsewhere but looking at the main page right now out of forty threads sitting there 25 haven't had an entry in the past 24 hours and many have't been posted to in days. Additionally of the threads that have been commented on in the past couple of days the 2 with the most activity are the LeBron and World Cup threads. Under those circumstances it seems like finding fault with it is more of a reflex action held over from busier times of the year than a product of your normal considered rationale.

Guess I am old school, sometimes trying to make things better just make them worse...

Fine with the way things are.. this is by far the best discussion board on the internet.

The vBulletin version is better than Xenforo's, IMO.

sounds like a great idea to me.

When camp cranks up and there's more than enough to fill the board then of course the OT discussions need to be elsewhere but looking at the main page right now out of forty threads sitting there 25 haven't had an entry in the past 24 hours and many have't been posted to in days. Additionally of the threads that have been commented on in the past couple of days the 2 with the most activity are the LeBron and World Cup threads. Under those circumstances it seems like finding fault with it is more of a reflex action held over from busier times of the year than a product of your normal considered rationale.
Seems like the popularity of non-Pats sports threads are an inconvenient truth to some.

Personally I don't mind one or two OT sports threads. They aren't hard to skip if you don't like them. I do like them, because we get to see what some of our patsfans.com members think about other sports. And yes there are too many "get off my lawn" comments.

The thing I don't personally enjoy is the pop culture / celebrity threads that pop up from time to time, usually when someone famous dies. That's because I come here for sports and I get my fill of pop culture elsewhere. However, as above, they aren't that hard to skip over and other people seem to want them.

Even just reading this post, I can see why my suggestion was a bad idea.

It wasn't a bad idea but I don't think it would work.

Hot Take
Pro Football Focus
WEEI

It’d be good to have these so I can avoid clicking on them.

Dude,

Add ESPN and 98.5 and I agree. Oh, wait, "Hot Take" covers that. I apologize. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back