PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for Kraft Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Fan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
How do you reconcile the fact that Kraft was not only on board for the Goodell extension, but was a member of the compensation committee that agreed to give him $40+M/year/?

Is this that "long game" you were talking about, in that fantasy where he was really, really pissed as Goodell but was just hiding it until he could strike? Is that still his plan, do you think?

1000x380-20170609-rings-header.jpg

kraft wants to remain tight with goodell because he still gets certain favors like having the bye week in middle of the season, playing in the divisional round on saturday night, back to back west coast road trips (that would enable the team to stay on the west coast), etc. it’s a game he plays with the league. i’m not saying i would do the same thing...

Here's how this thread will go...

Party 1: "Kraft has made some decisions regarding Goodell that were not in the best interest of Brady or the team or the league as a whole."

Party 2: "WEL Y DO U ROOT 4 TEAM STILL GO FIND ANOHTER TEAM LOL. KRAFT BEST COULD HAVE MOVEED TEAM TO ST. LEWIS."

Kraft is a good owner. He is a rich guy who puts money first. I am just shocked. What owner would you rather have?

He is a really nice guy in person and is great with the fans (even if he is faking), not sure what you want.

How do you reconcile the fact that Kraft was not only on board for the Goodell extension, but was a member of the compensation committee that agreed to give him $40+M/year/?

Is this that "long game" you were talking about, in that fantasy where he was really, really pissed as Goodell but was just hiding it until he could strike? Is that still his plan, do you think?

You're thinking way too binary.

This is not a war. Roger Goodell is not the enemy. If there is an enemy, which there probably isn't, it was the other members of ownership that are pulling his strings and are angry at the Patriots uninterrupted run of success.

The fact of the matter is that Deflategate sucked, it hurt the team a little, and the team overcame that injury and won the Superbowl. Those of us who are "Kraft Supporters," (by which I assume you mean the people with the emotional maturity to leave Deflategate in the past and continue to support our team and its owner) have moved on to next year. So has Bill Belichick. So has Tom Brady.

So I guess the question I need to ask is when the Deflategate bitter enders will finally find the grace and maturity to let go of an injury that doesn't actually matter anymore. We won the Superbowl last year. We're favorites again this year. If living well is the best revenge, we have all the revenge they could ever want. Why continue to chew old soup?

Here's how this thread will go...

Party 1: "Kraft has made some decisions regarding Goodell that were not in the best interest of Brady or the team or the league as a whole."

Party 2: "WEL Y DO U ROOT 4 TEAM STILL GO FIND ANOHTER TEAM LOL. KRAFT BEST COULD HAVE MOVEED TEAM TO ST. LEWIS."

or........and it's not a question

WHO GIVES A ****

Would you be a "current fan" if the answer was yes?

If there really was a long game to get Goodell eventually?

No, I don't think so. Once he let the draft picks be taken without a fight, he irrevocably altered the competitive landscape of the league. That's why I'm not a fan any longer; it became clear the none of Goodell or the 32 gave a **** about the integrity of the competition. They'd rather settle a grudge or go along to get along than get it right.

I really do get confused sometimes at the Deflategate bitter enders' complete inability to accept their victory. This is what victory looks like. We overcame the problem. We won. Deflategate was a victory for the Patriots. They can't do that to us again anytime soon without sacrificing any shreds of credibility they have left. So take the W guys. Hold onto it. Accept your victory with grace and maturity.

Whining about the fact that victory came at a cost is childish when history will show that we won and it was worth it.

I would guess a good answer is that you do. You keep replying to the thread. If you didn't care, you wouldn't reply.

simply untrue.......rather than complain about a thread like many here do, I make a simple statement.....don't care about Kraft and never did......I gave up my season tix 11 years ago and the team hasn't gotten a dime from me since

he did keep the team here though......so there's that....bottom line, end of story......you want to quibble about his relationship with goodell? have at it

You're thinking way too binary.

This is not a war. Roger Goodell is not the enemy. If there is an enemy, which there probably isn't, it was the other members of ownership that are pulling his strings and are angry at the Patriots uninterrupted run of success.

The fact of the matter is that Deflategate sucked, it hurt the team a little, and the team overcame that injury and won the Superbowl. Those of us who are "Kraft Supporters," (by which I assume you mean the people with the emotional maturity to leave Deflategate in the past and continue to support our team and its owner) have moved on to next year. So has Bill Belichick. So has Tom Brady.

So I guess the question I need to ask is when the Deflategate bitter enders will finally find the grace and maturity to let go of an injury that doesn't actually matter anymore. We won the Superbowl last year. We're favorites again this year. If living well is the best revenge, we have all the revenge they could ever want. Why continue to chew old soup?

I'm never going to let it go. These people aren't going to all of a sudden start having integrity again all on their own. They will keep doing what they've done because there'll always be those willing to look the other way so they don't have their enjoyment curtailed. I don't care to waste my emotional energy rooting against a rigged system where draconian punishments are rained down from on high and the one person who has any chance of protecting the franchise has advocated his position to the very people that want to destroy his franchise.

As far as it being over and inconsequential, etc. I hope you remember you said when you have to hear "yeah, but the cheating" every time the Pats are mentioned for the rest of your life. You can thank Kraft for that.

If there really was a long game to get Goodell eventually?

No, I don't think so. Once he let the draft picks be taken without a fight, he irrevocably altered the competitive landscape of the league. That's why I'm not a fan any longer; it became clear the none of Goodell or the 32 gave a **** about the integrity of the competition. They'd rather settle a grudge or go along to get along than get it right.

The owners plotted against the Patriots. Kraft had to eat it and he knew it. So he ate it in the confidence that his team could overcome the obstacle and they did.

We've already had our revenge. Our revenge came in the form of Goodell thrusting the trophy angrily into Kraft's hands and that long, awkward handshake he had with TB12. That's exactly what the owners were trying to prevent and we made it happen anyway.

We are never getting the draft pick back, it's a sunk cost, ignore it. Brady is never going to get the 4 games back, we went 3-1 in those games, it didn't hurt us -- in fact it might have put Tom in better position to compete in SB51.

When you can take an obstacle and either overcome it or turn it to your advantage, you've shown your quality. It might not have been fair, but sometimes life isn't fair and you have to overcome things. Which is what the NEP did. I'm proud of them. And I don't mind if Kraft is business-as-usual as an owner after the fact.

Nor do I mind that he went to an effort to keep Roger Goodell. Goodell is not the enemy. He's a tool of the enemy, who will still be there long after Goodell is gone.

After all, a new commissioner might be braver about enforcing the machinations of jealous owners. With Goodell, he's burnt his hand once, and might think twice before sticking it in the fire again.

simply untrue.......rather than complain about a thread like many here do, I make a simple statement.....don't care about Kraft and never did......I gave up my season tix 11 years ago and the team hasn't gotten a dime from me since

he did keep the team here though......so there's that....bottom line, end of story......you want to quibble about his relationship with goodell? have at it

Okay, cool. We got it. You don't care. You can go ahead and dip out now.

I'm never going to let it go. These people aren't going to all of a sudden start having integrity again all on their own. They will keep doing what they've done because there'll always be those willing to look the other way so they don't have their enjoyment curtailed. I don't care to waste my emotional energy rooting against a rigged system where draconian punishments are rained down from on high and the one person who has any chance of protecting the franchise has advocated his position to the very people that want to destroy his franchise.

As far as it being over and inconsequential, etc. I hope you remember you said when you have to hear "yeah, but the cheating" every time the Pats are mentioned for the rest of your life. You can thank Kraft for that.
If you think continuing to chew old soup is somehow supposed to make billionaires into ethical people... well I just don't even know how to react to that sheer magnitude of crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes