PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for Kraft Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat night div round has nothing to do with Krafty Bob and everything to do with TV ratings

I would think a matchup between pittsburgh and Jax is more competitive than NE-Tennessee...

From my perspective I am a football fan and the Pats are my team.

Kraft is the owner, but I could care less about the owner unless they are clearly the reason for screwing things up.

I care about the product on the field, and it's been a good one so I don't really care about Kraft's politics with Goodell.

If Kraft was a guy who put money first, he never would have put up 187MM to buy the worst team in the NFL with the worst (by far) stadium in the league.

Yeah, the investment turned out well, actually MORE than well. BUT at the time, most people, including his wife, thought he was out of his mind. It was the most money anyone had ever paid for a professional team....in ANY sport.

So to constantly use the narrative that Kraft only cares about the money just doesn't pass the reality test. The thing is, that when you do business on the level that Kraft has done even prior to him buying the Pats, you discover that you sometimes have to deal with people you don't like. And that is what Kraft has done while being the owner of the Pats. It's as simple as that.

Sat night div round has nothing to do with Krafty Bob and everything to do with TV ratings

If it was all about TV ratings I would think they would set the schedule only after wild card weekend has completed (so they'll know what the most attractive matchup is).

Obviously we are pumped, but I think nationally NE-TEN might be ranked fourth out of this weekend's matchups.

I would think a matchup between pittsburgh and Jax is more competitive than NE-Tennessee...

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they put the #1 seed on Saturday with the idea that they'll get rewarded with an extra day before the Conference Championship if they win. That's why Philly is playing Saturday as well, despite having Foles at QB.

kraft wants to remain tight with goodell because he still gets certain favors like having the bye week in middle of the season, playing in the divisional round on saturday night, back to back west coast road trips (that would enable the team to stay on the west coast), etc. it’s a game he plays with the league. i’m not saying i would do the same thing...
Week 3 bye in 2015
All #1 seeds get the Saturday slot
3 separate west coast trips in 2016

Kraft sucks at this "remain tight with Goodell/ get certain favors" or he's just too drunk to know his efforts are futile.
No comment on the required games in London and Mexico that also disrupt seasons?

1. He kept the team in NE when it could have been moved
2. He hired BB which began a run that only most fans prior to 2001 couldn't even dream of. I had 30 years in ****sville prior to that.
3. he is running a billion dollar business and has to make decision that most of us can't even understand.

Are those enough reasons?

Week 3 bye in 2015
All #1 seeds get the Saturday night slot
3 separate west coast trips in 2016

Kraft sucks at this "remain tight with Goodell/ get certain favors" or he's just too drunk to know his efforts are futile.
No comment on the required games in London and Mexico that also disrupt seasons?

I agree with you on the general point that he's not getting any special favors, but I'll bet Kraft doesn't mind the out of country trips. They make his team popular in new countries, and if I recall they've all been road games, right? So he's not losing any gate.

As many have mentioned if somebody other than Kraft bought this team it is highly likely they'd be in St. Louis er LA right now, or somewhere else. I wasn't happy about the entire way he's handled things during many of the issues that have come down the pike BUT at least they're here and I have the ability to not be happy about those things.

Kraft stays out of BB's way, has five SB titles, and stopped the team from going to St. Louis & Hartford. The man deserves a statue.

Like I said I'll stick with the short answer. Not getting into some back and forth about the mistakes he's made and how things could have been different. But let's just say that there are plenty of things in many businesses I don't like but not everything stops me from eating a hamburger.
That’s fine, I just think there is room in between giving an automatic pass for everything and boycott.

5217942-4564979793-54a1f36aad85dfdea9c8bdc100b4c994b14d3a75

life-goes-on-lebowski.gif

If there really was a long game to get Goodell eventually?

No, I don't think so. Once he let the draft picks be taken without a fight, he irrevocably altered the competitive landscape of the league. That's why I'm not a fan any longer; it became clear the none of Goodell or the 32 gave a **** about the integrity of the competition. They'd rather settle a grudge or go along to get along than get it right.

So your postulation is that, prior to Goodell, the 32 did give a **** about "the integrity of the competition"?

I have no evidence, but just because we are now able to see deeply into the actions of the corrupt NFL and know what a bunch of petty scumbags they all due to the internets and the exposure of how everything and anything is does not make me think "oh, things must have changed from the good old days". It makes me think "oh, this stuff has probably been going on since time began but we just didn't know about it in the days of tightly controlled media narratives".

How do you reconcile the fact that Kraft was not only on board for the Goodell extension, but was a member of the compensation committee that agreed to give him $40+M/year/?

Is this that "long game" you were talking about, in that fantasy where he was really, really pissed as Goodell but was just hiding it until he could strike? Is that still his plan, do you think?

I agree with you in a sense that at some point you need to take a stand and make a principled decision, and it's very disappointing Kraft did take the side of Goodell and the owners for more money, which as we know is the NFL brand and expansion overseas with his position on the Broadcast Committee and what that means.

I find it funny he thinks he went to bat for the fans, when he knows he was cheated for Spygate and Deflategate. I mean, if he had taken a stand more with Spygate, sued the Herald or at least demanded Tomase be fired or give up the supposed "source", Tomase claimed was a real source. I mean, he did none of this.

And, 10 years later, here we are still dealing with the creepiest stuff I've ever seen in my 35 years of following pro sports pretty darn closely.

I wanted Bob to step aside during Deflategate and let Jonathan go with the scorched earth approach, but it hasn't happened.

Kraft has been as much an enabler as Goodell in all of this because he's tried to straddle the fence in a situation in a situation that doesn't call for it.

I think he thought he was taking it up the butt for Spygate and that would be it, but he was clearly wrong.

These owners have secret meetings without him involved, and he apparently isn't aware of just how severe and deep the jealousy is towards his team and what he's worked for. Our whole country is like this now, too. What used to be admired, is now reviled, simply because someone else was successful and the other person isn't.

It's not a good idea to give your customer base lip service and then turn around do something else. Pats fans are his priority, not the entire NFL customer base.

He looked foolish with the capitulation in May of 2015, just like he did the week after Spygate, joining Michaels and Collinsworth in the booth before kickoff vs SD, saying things that no one understood, because of how awkward and creepy these other owners are.

I will say, the Pats Counter Report to the Wells Report was awesome and totally damning to Goodell and the cheating owners. For that, I would thank him, but it was still too reactionary and not proactive enough at the forefront.

Last edited:
From my perspective I am a football fan and the Pats are my team.

Amen

Kraft is the owner, but I could care less about the owner unless they are clearly the reason for screwing things up.

Here is where Kraft getting steamrolled by Goody, 345 Park Ave and the other owners cost this team draft picks, cash and the franchise, BB and TB12's reputation.

I care about the product on the field, and it's been a good one so I don't really care about Kraft's politics with Goodell.

His politics with Goody and the other owners superceed his loyalty to his coach, his franchise QB and the fans.

I understand why he does it but it doesn't mean it should be overlooked or forgotten

This is not a war. Roger Goodell is not the enemy. If there is an enemy, which there probably isn't, it was the other members of ownership that are pulling his strings and are angry at the Patriots uninterrupted run of success.

That's BS! You don't get to defame people and say "I was just doing my job" or "that's what all the other owners wanted."

If Kraft condoned this behavior (and clearly he did), he deserves to be subject to criticism.

Amen

Here is where Kraft getting steamrolled by Goody, 345 Park Ave and the other owners cost this team draft picks, cash and the franchise, BB and TB12's reputation.

His politics with Goody and the other owners superceed his loyalty to his coach, his franchise QB and the fans.

I understand why he does it but it doesn't mean it should be overlooked or forgotten

sunday-meme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots