PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for Kraft Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fault those who are angry at Kraft for his actions (or inactions). But I find it hard personally to muster outrage at any of his decisions. He's a billionaire, essentially playing with the billionaire's version of a set of action figures. He lives in a world that doesn't play by the same rules we do.

I really do get confused sometimes at the Deflategate bitter enders' complete inability to accept their victory. This is what victory looks like. We overcame the problem. We won. Deflategate was a victory for the Patriots. They can't do that to us again anytime soon without sacrificing any shreds of credibility they have left. So take the W guys. Hold onto it. Accept your victory with grace and maturity.

Whining about the fact that victory came at a cost is childish when history will show that we won and it was worth it.

Yeah, losing 1st and 4th rd picks and getting Brady suspended for 4 games was a real victory. That doesn't even include the damage to the reputations of everyone associated with the franchise. That was a loss with a capital L.

They can't do it again? WTF? They can do it again any time for any reason. Not one person suffered a single negative consequence for their actions and 95% of the public fully believes that the NFL was right all along. Kraft sure as hell isn't going to raise a fuss. They have every reason to believe they can get away with anything they want.

If you think continuing to chew old soup is somehow supposed to make billionaires into ethical people... well I just don't even know how to react to that sheer magnitude of crazy.

No, they have no reason to change. They have millions of apologists such as yourself lining up to hand over their money. I'm not going to be a part of it.

I'm never going to let it go. These people aren't going to all of a sudden start having integrity again all on their own. They will keep doing what they've done because there'll always be those willing to look the other way so they don't have their enjoyment curtailed. I don't care to waste my emotional energy rooting against a rigged system where draconian punishments are rained down from on high and the one person who has any chance of protecting the franchise has advocated his position to the very people that want to destroy his franchise.

As far as it being over and inconsequential, etc. I hope you remember you said when you have to hear "yeah, but the cheating" every time the Pats are mentioned for the rest of your life. You can thank Kraft for that.
I understand both sides of this issue and arguing it is the very definition of beating a dead horse. No one's opinion is going to be changed by anything written here or anywhere else. But, If anyone thinks that anything Kraft or anyone else could have said or done after the fact would have muted the "cheaters" BS one iota is kidding themselves and/or hopelessly naive.

Deflategate was a victory for the Patriots. They can't do that to us again anytime soon without sacrificing any shreds of credibility they have left.
What color is the sky in your world?

Sure he's a duplicitous scumbag owner, but at least he doesn't have a bowl cut...that's enough for me.

I give kraft a break any more but I will always remember that when the chips are down, he’s not there. Not really

What color is the sky in your world?
I might ask you the same question. Money doesn't matter to these people, they've got all the money they need. The only reason to count the stacks now is to pad the one thing that does matter to them -- their egos.

That's why deflategate is a victory for the Patriots. It hurt the billionaires who engineered it in the only place they can actually, truly be hurt.

I give kraft a break any more but I will always remember that when the chips are down, he’s not there. Not really
That's why I can't be a fan anymore. If you can't trust the owner to have the franchise's back, why bother?

How do you reconcile the fact that Kraft was not only on board for the Goodell extension, but was a member of the compensation committee that agreed to give him $40+M/year/?

Is this that "long game" you were talking about, in that fantasy where he was really, really pissed as Goodell but was just hiding it until he could strike? Is that still his plan, do you think?

Who the hell cares? We're on to Tennessee.

or........and it's not a question

WHO GIVES A ****

5217942-4564979793-54a1f36aad85dfdea9c8bdc100b4c994b14d3a75

I really do get confused sometimes at the Deflategate bitter enders' complete inability to accept their victory. This is what victory looks like. We overcame the problem. We won. Deflategate was a victory for the Patriots. They can't do that to us again anytime soon without sacrificing any shreds of credibility they have left. So take the W guys. Hold onto it. Accept your victory with grace and maturity.

Whining about the fact that victory came at a cost is childish when history will show that we won and it was worth it.

As stated we lost picks, and our qb was smeared in mud and our franchise got reaffirmed as cheaters.
Winning the Super Bowl was our own doing, so don’t give credit to goondel for what we did.

I might ask you the same question. Money doesn't matter to these people, they've got all the money they need. The only reason to count the stacks now is to pad the one thing that does matter to them -- their egos.

That's why deflategate is a victory for the Patriots. It hurt the billionaires who engineered it in the only place they can actually, truly be hurt.

Back in the real world, it was the most devastating L a major sports team in America has ever suffered. They won those SBs in spite of it all, not because of it, and would have likely won them even if Kraft had done the unthinkable and actually stood up for his franchise.

No, they have no reason to change. They have millions of apologists such as yourself lining up to hand over their money. I'm not going to be a part of it.

And yet here you are. What do you hope to achieve with this course of action - some reckoning? If you are really a "former fan", then show the commitment to that view and leave for good. Your chosen user name and the fact you are here now are something of an oxymoron.

And where is this hypothetical "great owner" who meets this moral code you have established in your mind? Where is this fictional land where billionaire businessmen care more about people than money, who let their bottom line falter to stand on principle? Define this Utopia you seek with ownership in an actual living, breathing, modern day human. That may help you to find some closure on the subject.

I don't like the theatrics in the handling of these scandals, but I like the product on the field. I like that Kraft stays away from meddling in the game, and that is enough for me. I would prefer generally to neither see nor hear an owner, because I do not relate to them. I watch for the product on the field. That is my enjoyment of the game, and the Patriots have done that well.

We get the media drivel and the PR statements. Given the media love for Patriots negative press, where is the criticism from current or former players or current or former coaches, the people who know Kraft the best? If he really is the diabolical individual in your mind, then find me this contempt from people who have known him far better than you, many of whom do not have media careers or a vested interest in playing nice, and your opinion based on outsiders information? If those insiders are not calling him horrible, might that silence suggest something for outsiders who believe they can look into his black soul and see his true nature?

Well that's the short answer. Yes so long as Kraft keeps giving us a winning product then I don't care if he makes some decisions with his wallet.
Even when he does things that make it harder to win for the sake of keeping the competition happy?

How do you reconcile the fact that Kraft was not only on board for the Goodell extension, but was a member of the compensation committee that agreed to give him $40+M/year/?

Is this that "long game" you were talking about, in that fantasy where he was really, really pissed as Goodell but was just hiding it until he could strike? Is that still his plan, do you think?

Hey! You made my Ignore List! Congrats!

Even when he does things that make it harder to win for the sake of keeping the competition happy?
Like I said I'll stick with the short answer. Not getting into some back and forth about the mistakes he's made and how things could have been different. But let's just say that there are plenty of things in many businesses I don't like but not everything stops me from eating a hamburger.

kraft wants to remain tight with goodell because he still gets certain favors like having the bye week in middle of the season, playing in the divisional round on saturday night, back to back west coast road trips (that would enable the team to stay on the west coast), etc. it’s a game he plays with the league. i’m not saying i would do the same thing...
Sat night div round has nothing to do with Krafty Bob and everything to do with TV ratings

My take is that we don't have all the information available to us necessary to understand exactly why he chose the path he has, sort of like us not understanding why BB chose to go for it on 4th and 13 rather than attempt a 48-yard FG in a dome in SB 42. We'll probably never know the full backstory.

And yet here you are. What do you hope to achieve with this course of action - some reckoning? If you are really a "former fan", then show the commitment to that view and leave for good. Your chosen user name and the fact you are here now are something of an oxymoron.

And where is this hypothetical "great owner" who meets this moral code you have established in your mind? Where is this fictional land where billionaire businessmen care more about people than money, who let their bottom line falter to stand on principle? Define this Utopia you seek with ownership in an actual living, breathing, modern day human. That may help you to find some closure on the subject.

I don't like the theatrics in the handling of these scandals, but I like the product on the field. I like that Kraft stays away from meddling in the game, and that is enough for me. I would prefer generally to neither see nor hear an owner, because I do not relate to them. I watch for the product on the field. That is my enjoyment of the game, and the Patriots have done that well.

We get the media drivel and the PR statements. Given the media love for Patriots negative press, where is the criticism from current or former players or current or former coaches, the people who know Kraft the best? If he really is the diabolical individual in your mind, then find me this contempt from people who have known him far better than you, many of whom do not have media careers or a vested interest in playing nice, and your opinion based on outsiders information? If those insiders are not calling him horrible, might that silence suggest something for outsiders who believe they can look into his black soul and see his true nature?
I'm still a BB/TB fan. When they are gone, so will I be. Until then, I make every effort not to fill their coffers.

There is no such utopia, which is why I'm a former fan who won't be moving on to some other team, or even some other sport. If DG has proven anything, it's that the owners are ALL amoral scumbags who couldn't care less about the integrity of the competition, so long as they give it enough lip service that the public goes along with it.

I've seen too much of how the sausage is made and can't swallow it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes