PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for fellow season ticket holders re., game vs. Brady/Bucs

A few years ago, I had Sox season tickets. The ones for Derek Jeter's last game at Fenway was also the one for Derek Jeter's last game, period.

Early in the year, with everyone expecting the Sox and Yankees to be fighting it out for the division, those paviliion level tickets were selling for thousands apiece.

Thousands. My wife wanted to go so I kept them.

Both teams wound up sucking that particular year, with neither heading for the playoffs. I couldn't cover the price for the ticket, let alone the thousands previously seen, as went went through August and September up to the game.

Just food for thought as you make your decisions. Might be something you'll never forget.
Brady might get hurt week 3 and it might be something you'll ever regret.

Personally, I'd hold them to the week before (and go if Brady was playing - only happens ONE TIME, after all).

I am a Patriots fan, I wouldn't be among those joining ovations and chanting Brady's name during the game (maybe before). What WOULD get me excited would be beating the Bucs.
I still haven’t heard back on my generous offer?

I have a 65 inch screen, oversized lounger, stocked fridge and giant shrimp cokktails...I'll catch the hysteria on NFLN. By the time the Hollywood maggots attach themselves to this event, the prices will become astronomical.

I have a 65 inch screen, oversized lounger, stocked fridge and giant shrimp cokktails...I'll catch the hysteria on NFLN. By the time the Hollywood maggots attach themselves to this event, the prices will become astronomical.

Gotta agree the game will not match the hype and by then Sports Talk and the Scribes will escalate this game into something that it could never be... all of the folks whose job it is to comment on this game will be in full blown out of control madness by October...

Prefer to be at home, sitting in my "Barcolounger", with my own bathroom and a reefer full of goodies..

I spent $1500 a ticket for 4 upper box seats between home plate and 3rd base to game 1 of the 2004 World Series. I'm not a season ticket holder for the Pats, but if I was, I'd be selling those TB tix. :)

If tix for this game are approaching $1k on the secondary market as reported, I'm sorely tempted to put my two up for sale. Anyone else considering same? On the other hand, I REALLY want to be there. It's a tough call.
Hey Tune - my husband (who doesn't go to games any more) wants to sell our two tickets, which are in the lower bowl and at the prices right now, will pay for our entire season tickets for the year. I on the other hand say, "this may be the last game I ever get to see Tom Brady play live," and, "why have season tickets if you are going to sell them to the best game of the year? Isn't this the reason you have season tickets, to be able to go to games like this when they come along" On the third hand, I have had serious health problems in the past 6 mos. and I am not even sure I can get to the game (worried about walk to and from stadium). Then there are my kids to consider. 3 are local and would love to go to the game. Sigh. It is a big dilemma.

I am a Patriots fan, I wouldn't be among those joining ovations and chanting Brady's name during the game (maybe before). What WOULD get me excited would be beating the Bucs.
A perfect game for me would be both teams playing great and the Pats eking out a win at the end. Unless we have a much better O, however, I feel like this won't be the outcome, and I would hate to see Brady gloating about a big win.

Miss you,Deb....:yuck:

Hey Tune - my husband (who doesn't go to games any more) wants to sell our two tickets, which are in the lower bowl and at the prices right now, will pay for our entire season tickets for the year. I on the other hand say, "this may be the last game I ever get to see Tom Brady play live," and, "why have season tickets if you are going to sell them to the best game of the year? Isn't this the reason you have season tickets, to be able to go to games like this when they come along" On the third hand, I have had serious health problems in the past 6 mos. and I am not even sure I can get to the game (worried about walk to and from stadium). Then there are my kids to consider. 3 are local and would love to go to the game. Sigh. It is a big dilemma.
Hope you are feeling better.

Not much of a dilemma for me, if I had 'em.
sold auction GIF by David

This is a NFC game. What is going to happen that makes it special? I like the magic of winning playoff games.

seriously somebody take my money

This is a NFC game. What is going to happen that makes it special? I like the magic of winning playoff games.
I love Tom Brady and haven't gotten over him leaving the team. That's what makes it special, unique, once-in-a-lifetime, etc. for fans like me.

I love Tom Brady and haven't gotten over him leaving the team. That's what makes it special, unique, once-in-a-lifetime, etc. for fans like me.
I was at the Jete game when he came in for Bledsoe. I was at SB36. While I would love to see this one in person, not for the price of a mortgage payment. Hard Pass.

Deb, very sorry to hear of your health concerns! I hope you see a clear path to getting back to normal. After mulling this for a while I have posted my tickets for sale on NFL Ticket Exchange. My reasoning: (A) the prices are unreal for a regular-season game and (B) I want the Pats to win, which is unlikely. Why should I endure the humiliation of Brady tossing TD passes to Gronk and AB? If he still was a Patriot and it was his last game I'd be going. Otherwise I have plenty of great memories tucked away from not missing a single game he played in Foxboro in a Patriots uniform.

A tiny black heart for Joker. That's about right. ;)

Deb, very sorry to hear of your health concerns! I hope you see a clear path to getting back to normal. After mulling this for a while I have posted my tickets for sale on NFL Ticket Exchange. My reasoning: (A) the prices are unreal for a regular-season game and (B) I want the Pats to win, which is unlikely. Why should I endure the humiliation of Brady tossing TD passes to Gronk and AB? If he still was a Patriot and it was his last game I'd be going. Otherwise I have plenty of great memories tucked away from not missing a single game he played in Foxboro in a Patriots uniform.

LOL, it's supposed to be a candy apple red heart!

The more I hear about other diehards like me selling their tickets, the more I am considering it. The fact that it is a night game is also whirling at the back of my mind...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back