PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for fellow season ticket holders re., game vs. Brady/Bucs

The bold is where I figured this was going. Just needed to confirm it by seeing you say it. You’re clearly not familiar with the suburbs around Tampa. There are plenty of people that earn significant dollars there. A lot more than a guy who writes about music for a living who can still afford season tickets in Massachusetts. Go and check out real estate in and around Tampa, particularly near the water, and tell me which houses you could afford.

Your ass is still chapped about that after all these years, eh? It’s almost as if advanced, HD audio technology doesn’t exist in the year 2021. A drone, piloted from 201.33 million miles away, is taking accurate pictures of the terrain on Mars and broadcasting them back to Earth in real time, but you can’t really get a feel for the noise in Gillette Stadium from a TV I guess. Sounds legit. Moreover, up until last season, I’ve gone to at least one home game every single year since 2013. Let me know why I couldn’t get an accurate take of the noise level of the crowd in person at the following games...

1. 2019: vs Bills.
2. 2018: vs Texans.
3. 2017: vs Falcons, vs Chargers
4. 2016: vs Rams
5. 2015: vs Steelers, vs Eagles
6. 2014: vs Bears
7. 2013: vs Jets
8. 2011: Divisional round vs Denver
9. 2010: vs Vikings
10. 2006: vs Bills (team booed at halftime)
11. 2004: vs Dolphins

The crowd often sucks. What I hear in the stadium doesn’t come close to some of the other stadiums I’ve been to. The same thing comes through on TV. Don’t think the crowd sucks? Look at the amount of people selling tickets to this game when they clearly aren’t hurting for the cash.

You still haven't answered my question from a few posts back whether you've checked ticket resale prices for this game. And there really aren't that many available; if Bucs fans show in significant numbers I'll eat one of my many hats. As for crowd noise at Gillette, we've gone 'round the horn too many times on that already.

I'm glad you have attended at least a few games up here, was wondering about that. BTW, why would it surprise you that someone who writes about music for a living can afford season tickets?

You still haven't answered my question from a few posts back whether you've checked ticket resale prices for this game. And there really aren't that many available; if Bucs fans show in significant numbers I'll eat one of my many hats. As for crowd noise at Gillette, we've gone 'round the horn too many times on that already.

I have. They’re steep for a regular season game, but far from unaffordable for someone who is able to make the trip up from Florida.

I'm glad you have attended at least a few games up here, was wondering about that.

Yeah, but that’s probably over with for a few years. I had the bright idea to take on a baby and we’ll probably start trying for a second sometime around December/January. The next time I go will be when they’re old enough.

BTW, why would it surprise you that someone who writes about music for a living can afford season tickets?

I’m not surprised at all. I’m just putting what you do for a living in context. I have no clue if you actually own the magazine or not. But there are plenty of business, sales, investment, medical, etc jobs in Tampa and the surrounding areas as well. It’s not like everyone in Florida lives in a trailer fornicating with their cousin in Polk County. Hell, you made a comment about being surprised at the amount of Jaguars fans at the AFCCG in early 2018. There’s more money in Tampa than there is up here.

I have. They’re steep for a regular season game, but far from unaffordable for someone who is able to make the trip up from Florida.

Yeah, but that’s probably over with for a few years. I had the bright idea to take on a baby and we’ll probably start trying for a second sometime around December/January. The next time I go will be when they’re old enough.

I’m not surprised at all. I’m just putting what you do for a living in context. I have no clue if you actually own the magazine or not. But there are plenty of business, sales, investment, medical, etc jobs in Tampa and the surrounding areas as well. It’s not like everyone in Florida lives in a trailer fornicating with their cousin in Polk County. Hell, you made a comment about being surprised at the amount of Jaguars fans at the AFCCG in early 2018. There’s more money in Tampa than there is up here.
Bucs fans still have a ways to go in their evolution if they still have season tix and club seats available after winning a Super Bowl and bringing everyone back.

Congrats on becoming a dad, I missed that -- boy or girl?

Yes, I was founder/owner of the magazine which has ceased publication after a 27-year run. :(

Last edited:
Bucs fans still have a ways to go in their evolution if they still have season tix and club seats available after winning a Super Bowl and bringing everyone back.

I wouldn’t look into that too much. The bowl temperature September through November gets up to 120-130.

Congrats on becoming a dad, I missed that -- boy or girl?

Thanks. Girl. Wasn’t what I was hoping for, but it’s been a pretty cool experience so far. She’s turning into a daddy’s girl.

Yes, I was founder/owner of the magazine which has ceased publication.

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks. Girl. Wasn’t what I was hoping for, but it’s been a pretty cool experience so far. She’s turning into a daddy’s girl.

Funny story: my best buddy from high school always was kind of a macho **** and became a self-important neurologist with his own practice. His kid brother had a baby and I asked boy or girl. He said, "Well, what do you think?" as if it was a stupid question (a boy). My buddy went on to have kids of his own -- two girls.

You’re clearly not familiar with the suburbs around Tampa. There are plenty of people that earn significant dollars there.
I suppose for the deep south that's true but............

Households in Tampa, FL have a median annual income of $57,709, which is less than the median annual income of $65,712 across the entire United States

Tampa, FL | Data USA

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes