PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for fellow season ticket holders re., game vs. Brady/Bucs

The more I hear about other diehards like me selling their tickets, the more I am considering it. The fact that it is a night game is also whirling at the back of my mind...
It might help to really face the cold, hard fact that Brady (plus Gronk and AB) will be wearing an enemy uniform bent on defeating the team you love. I'd compare it to an old flame dropping by with their richer, better-looking partner. Who needs that?

Do any of you all really need the money that much? I don’t imagine that would be the case if you’re a STH. A lot of your buyers are probably going to be Bucs fans or casual fans with the dough to spend. Go to the damn game and represent.

Hey Tune - my husband (who doesn't go to games any more) wants to sell our two tickets, which are in the lower bowl and at the prices right now, will pay for our entire season tickets for the year. I on the other hand say, "this may be the last game I ever get to see Tom Brady play live," and, "why have season tickets if you are going to sell them to the best game of the year? Isn't this the reason you have season tickets, to be able to go to games like this when they come along" On the third hand, I have had serious health problems in the past 6 mos. and I am not even sure I can get to the game (worried about walk to and from stadium). Then there are my kids to consider. 3 are local and would love to go to the game. Sigh. It is a big dilemma.
Sorry to hear about your health problems, Deb. I’m sure we can concoct a way to get you into the stadium. Perhaps a zip line? ;)

1621288812414.gif

Do any of you all really need the money that much? I don’t imagine that would be the case if you’re a STH. A lot of your buyers are probably going to be Bucs fans or casual fans with the dough to spend. Go to the damn game and represent.
Have you seen the prices being commanded for this game on NFL Ticket Exchange? Go check 'em out. I kind of doubt Bucs fans will be the ones snapping them up.

Have you seen the prices being commanded for this game on NFL Ticket Exchange? Go check 'em out. I kind of doubt Bucs fans will be the ones snapping them up.
Why do you doubt that?

Gotta agree the game will not match the hype and by then Sports Talk and the Scribes will escalate this game into something that it could never be... all of the folks whose job it is to comment on this game will be in full blown out of control madness by October...

Prefer to be at home, sitting in my "Barcolounger", with my own bathroom and a reefer full of goodies..
Personally, I'd prefer a bathroom full of reefer.

I'm not 100% black hearted! (I always slow down for turtles crossing the road when I'm cruising the backwoods swamp down here...)

Personally, I'd prefer a bathroom full of reefer.
on a similar tangent, I'm working on a script for a new B movie...REEFER GLADNESS...a foray into the subterranean world of chocolate cake competition starring Chaz Bono and Rosie O'Donnell...Rated O..(for obese). The corpulent duo spend their time ramping up for the competition by smoking spliffs jammed with Gorilla Glue IV and Strawberry Shortcake indica and then run amok midst the dessert tables filled with hundreds of fresh baked delicacies. I smell a real HIT...if you get my drift

Why do you doubt that?
For a few reasons: added travel expense, night game, and for New England fans the significance of Brady's return to Foxboro.

Last edited:
For a few reasons: added travel expense, night game, and for New England fans the significance of Brady's return to Foxboro.
It’s a huge game coming off of a championship season on prime time. I’d imagine quite a few Bucs fans with the dough would make the trip. They’re not used to games like that. Especially in a post-Covid world when many of them haven’t traveled much over the past year. Brady’s return can’t be all that significant to Pats fans if the STH are selling their tickets. Then you’ll have the wine and cheese crowd up there to fill out the rest of the purchases on the secondary market. The crowd should be so quiet when the Pats are on defense that you’ll hear someone shart in the nosebleeds after the jalapeño nachos and 35 beers upset his or her stomach.

So, I see lots of people selling tickets, yet I cannot even manage my tickets yet. What gives?

If Brady was playing his last game in a Patriots uniform at Gillette then I would be there with bells on.
Brady in a different uniform playing a night game and I can profit a few grand. I am retired and on a fixed income.
If one game can pay for next years tickets then this is a no brainer.

I have sold a few tickets each year the last few years.
I have learned when posting your tickets. If it says the average price is $1500. Then post them for $1200. Seperates you from the pack. The longer your tickets are posted the more chance they won’t sell and prices come down the closer you get to game day.

It’s a huge game coming off of a championship season on prime time. I’d imagine quite a few Bucs fans with the dough would make the trip. They’re not used to games like that. Especially in a post-Covid world when many of them haven’t traveled much over the past year. Brady’s return can’t be all that significant to Pats fans if the STH are selling their tickets. Then you’ll have the wine and cheese crowd up there to fill out the rest of the purchases on the secondary market. The crowd should be so quiet when the Pats are on defense that you’ll hear someone shart in the nosebleeds after the jalapeño nachos and 35 beers upset his or her stomach.

I know you just want to argue, but what the hell. OK, all 11 independently wealthy Bucs fans might consider making the trip. The rest are still scraping up dough for season tickets or club seats, which as of today remain on sale. I'm sure you'll be able to accurately monitor exact numbers of folks in Bucs jerseys plus wine-and-cheese pink-hatters from your satellite-controlled ultramega video-audio monitoring system, which can detect those sharts and silent queefs from upper deck row 33. Thing is, Brady is demonstrably unfazed by crowd noise so your high-tech evidentiary readouts will more or less prove irrelevant. We'll be awaiting your next-day remote summation just the same.

Great point. We Pats fans have seen more big games on the past 6 years let alone the past 20. In terms of big games this is an out if conference game so if not for one player and one coach it woukd be just another home game. They make it so marquee. I remember making sure I'd make a Drew Brees or a Russell Wilson kind of game much like im sure rival fans wanterx to see Brady whe we plyed on the road. We're not used to long unsuccessful droughts that rival fan bases are. I can see how Buc fans will pony up for this one.

Great point. We Pats fans have seen more big games on the past 6 years let alone the past 20. In terms of big games this is an out if conference game so if not for one player and one coach it woukd be just another home game. They make it so marquee. I remember making sure I'd make a Drew Brees or a Russell Wilson kind of game much like im sure rival fans wanterx to see Brady whe we plyed on the road. We're not used to long unsuccessful droughts that rival fan bases are. I can see how Buc fans will pony up for this one.
They won't pony up $3k per seat.

I know you just want to argue, but what the hell. OK, all 11 independently wealthy Bucs fans might consider making the trip. The rest are still scraping up dough for season tickets or club seats, which as of today remain on sale.

The bold is where I figured this was going. Just needed to confirm it by seeing you say it. You’re clearly not familiar with the suburbs around Tampa. There are plenty of people that earn significant dollars there. A lot more than a guy who writes about music for a living who can still afford season tickets in Massachusetts. Go and check out real estate in and around Tampa, particularly near the water, and tell me which houses you could afford.

I'm sure you'll be able to accurately monitor exact numbers of folks in Bucs jerseys plus wine-and-cheese pink-hatters from your satellite-controlled ultramega video-audio monitoring system, which can detect those sharts and silent queefs from upper deck row 33. Thing is, Brady is demonstrably unfazed by crowd noise so your high-tech evidentiary readouts will more or less prove irrelevant. We'll be awaiting your next-day remote summation just the same.

Your ass is still chapped about that after all these years, eh? It’s almost as if advanced, HD audio technology doesn’t exist in the year 2021. A drone, piloted from 201.33 million miles away, is taking accurate pictures of the terrain on Mars and broadcasting them back to Earth in real time, but you can’t really get a feel for the noise in Gillette Stadium from a TV I guess. Sounds legit. Moreover, up until last season, I’ve gone to at least one home game every single year since 2013. Let me know why I couldn’t get an accurate take of the noise level of the crowd in person at the following games...

1. 2019: vs Bills.
2. 2018: vs Texans.
3. 2017: vs Falcons, vs Chargers
4. 2016: vs Rams
5. 2015: vs Steelers, vs Eagles
6. 2014: vs Bears
7. 2013: vs Jets
8. 2011: Divisional round vs Denver
9. 2010: vs Vikings
10. 2006: vs Bills (team booed at halftime)
11. 2004: vs Dolphins

The crowd often sucks. What I hear in the stadium doesn’t come close to some of the other stadiums I’ve been to. The same thing comes through on TV. Don’t think the crowd sucks? Look at the amount of people selling tickets to this game when they clearly aren’t hurting for the cash.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back