PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pure gold from the Falcons forum

*ON the field. The league isn't fixing a thing from that standpoint. Everything they have done has been behind the scenes (most recently with Elliott). The zebras don't have some massive scheme handed down to them from the league office to screw the Pats. That's what the poster over there was hypothesizing.
Wrong! I see the 2006 AAFC was already mentioned. Should I also mention the 1976 divisional where getting Oakland to win might convince the not to move to L.A. (It failed, btw.:) )

If you're gonna say this type of crap, you can't whine when the Jints fans say it.
Um, 6 months ago vs. 9 years and six months ago. If Patriot fans are saying 28-3 jokes in 2027 we can talk. :)

But the Texans got jobbed so bad by the refs against the Raiders in Mexico. That game really looked rigged to me.
I never attribute to conspiracy what I can attribute to incompetence.

There are literally hundreds of games you can point to like that. ...
Except the 2006 AAFC where they called a penalty that literally - not the misuse of literally - did not exist. I've never seen that mistake made in ANY other game. If you have an example of PI where the DB did not touch the receiver, you tube link and "win." :)

You should re-watch the 2006 AFCCG

If there was ever a game to convince me that the league could try to influence the outcome, it would be that one

Bingo! He has Bingo!

I would if I didn't see that call get made in the form of PI in most games I watched. "He never got his head turned toward the ball". The difference is that they called it face guarding, which hadn't been a penalty in some time. If anyone put the fix in against the Pats in that contest, it was Eric Alexander.
Emphasis mine. BTW, Eric Alexander the saxophonist or Uber rape executive. :)

Wrong! I see the 2006 AAFC was already mentioned. Should I also mention the 1976 divisional where getting Oakland to win might convince the not to move to L.A. (It failed, btw.:) )

Um, 6 months ago vs. 9 years and six months ago. If Patriot fans are saying 28-3 jokes in 2027 we can talk. :)

Except the 2006 AAFC where they called a penalty that literally - not the misuse of literally - did not exist. I've never seen that mistake made in ANY other game. If you have an example of PI where the DB did not touch the receiver, you tube link and "win." :)

Bingo! He has Bingo!

It was a horrible call. I've stated as much in my 11 years of being here as '06 was my first season posting on this forum. Bad calls happen in every single game and if you've never seen a game where PI was called and the corner never touched the receiver, then I'm not sure how much football you actually watch. It happens every single week.

So, that being said, I'll raise the same question to you: If you think that the product on the field is fixed, then why are you still watching? Further, if the league is fixing the product on the field against the Patriots, why have they won two of the last three (both in which they were down big)?

Last edited:
I think there were plenty of officials there who could have told the guy that the face guarding rule no longer existed, had someone chosen to do so.
I agree, but that doesn't really answer my question. Was it ineptitude or was it fixed from the top? If it's the latter, did you see anything else in that game that made you think it was fixed?

It was a horrible call. I've stated as much in my 11 years of being here as '06 was my first season posting on this forum. Bad calls happen in every single game and if you've never seen a game where PI was called and the corner never touched the receiver, then I'm not sure how much football you actually watch. It happens every single week.

So, that being said, I'll raise the same question to you: If you think that the product on the field is fixed, then why are you still watching? Further, if the league is fixing the product on the field against the Patriots, why have they won two of the last three (both in which they were down big)?

I'd like to jump in here if you don't mind.

I don't believe that games are fixed but there are definitely decisions being made by Fraudger and the NYFL that are an attempt to influence games.

I'm also disturbed by the way the NYFL uses the mediots to provide false narratives. The worst is the PEDton is all class and Brady is all cheat bs.

Then there's all the SJ bs being interjected into every aspect of the NYFL. If I want to hear that stuff I can go to a rally.

Those are just some of the things that have me waiting to dump the NYJFL for good once Brady leaves. Every once in a while I get antsy and wonder how much longer Brady is going to last, but I would never root for him to stop. That would be selfish of me. ;)

I hurt pretty bad - inexplicably, since I don't play for the Pats - after that helmet-catch SB.

I doubt when I say "we" that includes you, Mr. GoodSport. Otherwise you'd get this history. But maybe you just want to be the most agreeable fanbase in the universe.
Re your first quote: That's why you IMO oughta know better, but, as I said before, carry on, you do you.

Re: your second quote: I'm fully a NE sports fan. I just don't want to be another Masshole.

We are way beyond a harmless joke? Actually Eli was stealing from the American people and deserves whatever he gets which wont be much because its , you know, the Giants. If Brady got caught doing what Eli did there would be a lynch mob.

Threatening people, yelling obscenities at other fans at games, starting fights, those are the things we should be "way beyond." Even a "Jets suck" thread seems like something we should be way beyond.
I honestly don't understand all the Jets hate in this forum. They just aren't good enough to waste time, effort and energy on. I liken them to the ADHD kid down the street. Yeah he's obnoxious and sure he broke your garage window that one time, but he's got no father, his mom is on drugs and her live in boyfriend beats him.... there comes a point where you just have to feel sorry for the poor dumb bastard.....

I honestly don't understand all the Jets hate in this forum. They just aren't good enough to waste time, effort and energy on. I liken them to the ADHD kid down the street. Yeah he's obnoxious and sure he broke your garage window that one time, but he's got no father, his mom is on drugs and her live in boyfriend beats him.... there comes a point where you just have to feel sorry for the poor dumb bastard.....

Oh for God's sake. Can't taunt the Falcons, can't deride the JETE... How the hell am I suppose to even displace my angry negative emotions into this goddam meaningless game anymore?

Everybody gets a Lombardi!

You want the paranoid answer assuming the NFL is like the WWE before they admitted it was fixed? It can't be obvious. They can't call for Tom Brady for concussion protocol in the closing minutes of the Super Bowl.

You want a more realistic answer? The ref knows what "they" want and sub-consciously is more likely to "err" if it pleases his bosses. (Yeah, "they." You want me to name the 30 other owners and every Green Bay stockholder or can I use a pronoun?)

Yes, the people who pay you are your bosses. Yes, they are supposedly impartial even though all worked for the Jets at some point that does not in anyway subconsciously affect "their" decision process. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Yes, "their." You want me to name every NFL exec or may I please use a pronoun?)

No, not you with pronoun stuff, but I've learned from experience that someone will try to call me out for "they/their."

And, no, I've seen bad PI calls but there is always contact. If it was a routine bad call the NFL would not have apologized for it. Or did I imagine all the Perria defenses of bad calls but the NFL could not justify that?

Since you seem to think I do not watch football (you know since unlike you I never saw another bad PI call and stuff) here is proof the NFL did not try to justify that call and it wa a tad different than the other bad calls they justified. NFL apology Colt comfort for Hobbs

You want the paranoid answer assuming the NFL is like the WWE before they admitted it was fixed? It can't be obvious. They can't call for Tom Brady for concussion protocol in the closing minutes of the Super Bowl.

You want a more realistic answer? The ref knows what "they" want and sub-consciously is more likely to "err" if it pleases his bosses. (Yeah, "they." You want me to name the 30 other owners and every Green Bay stockholder or can I use a pronoun?)

Yes, the people who pay you are your bosses. Yes, they are supposedly impartial even though all worked for the Jets at some point that does not in anyway subconsciously affect "their" decision process. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Yes, "their." You want me to name every NFL exec or may I please use a pronoun?)

No, not you with pronoun stuff, but I've learned from experience that someone will try to call me out for "they/their."

And, no, I've seen bad PI calls but there is always contact. If it was a routine bad call the NFL would not have apologized for it. Or did I imagine all the Perria defenses of bad calls but the NFL could not justify that?

Since you seem to think I do not watch football (you know since unlike you I never saw another bad PI call and stuff) here is proof the NFL did not try to justify that call and it wa a tad different than the other bad calls they justified. NFL apology Colt comfort for Hobbs

Of course it was. It was called faceguarding. There is still zero evidence that they're fixing the product on the field from a top-down standpoint. Further, you still didn't answer my questions. Here, I'll copy and paste them again for you...

If you think that the product on the field is fixed, then why are you still watching? Further, if the league is fixing the product on the field against the Patriots, why have they won two of the last three (both in which they were down big)?

Of course it was. It was called faceguarding. There is still zero evidence that they're fixing the product on the field from a top-down standpoint. Further, you still didn't answer my questions. Here, I'll copy and paste them again for you...

If you think that the product on the field is fixed, then why are you still watching? Further, if the league is fixing the product on the field against the Patriots, why have they won two of the last three (both in which they were down big)?

I'll answer this so simply. I'm surprised anyone can't figure it out, but...

1) They can not 100% fix it. If it is too obvious people will know. Why "they" think that matters I don't know.

2) It is not 100% because it is sub-conscious like how home teams get more close calls because sub-consciously refs don't want to piss off 50,000 or so people because people are inherently ice.

If you reread my post even you might notice I basically summarized what I said when I answered the question you repeated as if I ignored it.

Internet message boards 101, answer questions or be mercilessly mocked. Yeah I'm so new I tried to ignore that. Riiiight. :)

Now pack away your attitude. I'm better at it than you. :)

Bingo! He has Bingo!

There is no conspiracy. Nothing to see here.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Back