PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pure gold from the Falcons forum

ahem...*burp*....uh...no...........

carPI.gif
A bad call =/= top-down scheme to fix the product on the field. If the league had such a scheme against the Patriots, then why have they won two of the last three Super Bowls? And, further, why are you still watching?

Oh come on. It's a late summer afternoon. The Sawx demoralized the Yankees last night. What if we just don't feel like being all consistent and rational?
Then you have nothing to say when those same tool Yankees fans bring up Tyree and Manningham etc...

Then you have nothing to say when those same tool Yankees fans bring up Tyree and Manningham etc...
Let them live in the past. Its all they have. We prefer the present and the future which looks pretty good too.

I guess my point boils down to good sportsmanship and respecting the other fans, especially the ATL fans who got their hearts ripped out, by not taunting their hurt feelings afterwards; as Pats fans we've been through things quite similar and we should know better.

I guess my point boils down to good sportsmanship and respecting the other fans, especially the ATL fans who got their hearts ripped out, by not taunting their hurt feelings afterwards; as Pats fans we've been through things quite similar and we should know better.

I've never taken sports that serious. It was just a joke from my perspective.

172.gif

Believe me, New Englanders are never going to be the trend setters for good sportsmanship especially after what we have been through. Find something much more important to worry about.

I live in Manhattan, surrounded by Giants fans. I give and take trash talk with friends who are Giants fans all the time.

When they bring up Tyree and Manningham, I say, "More power to you. If it comes down to one play, the loser can't complain. As Belichick says, Championships come down to who can make a play. Eli, Tyree and Manningham made plays. Asante, Rodney and Welker didn't. No whining here." [Eventually, though, I'll bring the conversation around to Eli and ask, after a beer or two, "Do you ascribe to the theory that Eli might be the only player to play his way OUT of Canton?" Drives 'em nuts. Gotta love it.]

I don't expect Giants fans to worry about "hurting" my feelings, like I don't worry about hurting Falcons' fans feelings (adults' feelings, not kids' feelings). Hightower, Edelman and Brady made plays. Freeman (blown block) and Ryan didn't. End of story. Suck it up.

But the Texans got jobbed so bad by the refs against the Raiders in Mexico. That game really looked rigged to me.
There are literally hundreds of games you can point to like that. The only game where I can legitimately say that the product on the field might have been fixed by the refs was the Miami/Ohio State national championship from (I believe) 2002 where Ohio State was on Miami's 5 yard line with the clock ticking down. The pass got tipped and was originally ruled incomplete. About 30 seconds later (as Miami was coming onto the field to celebrate), the flag was thrown and called pass interference. Miami went on to lose that game. That was among a litany of other blown calls that went against the Hurricanes in that game. And I am by no means a Miami fan. I hate that team. But they legitimately got jobbed.

There are literally hundreds of games you can point to like that. The only game where I can legitimately say that the product on the field might have been fixed by the refs was the Miami/Ohio State national championship from (I believe) 2002 where Ohio State was on Miami's 5 yard line with the clock ticking down. The pass got tipped and was originally ruled incomplete. About 30 seconds later (as Miami was coming onto the field to celebrate), the flag was thrown and called pass interference. Miami went on to lose that game. That was among a litany of other blown calls that went against the Hurricanes in that game. And I am by no means a Miami fan. I hate that team. But they legitimately got jobbed.

Somebody should ask Vince about that game.

Married to a Falcons fan?...by the way, heh..as a lover of the ironical I positively adore being dressed down by someone who, essentially, logs on under the name **** Cheese...this is why I am a huge Patsfans supporter :D:cool:

Somebody should ask Vince about that game.
That call was widely regarded as one of the worst calls of all time. That was truly the only football game I've watched where I was convinced someone was in the bag for Ohio State. Just looked it up and I was off on the "30 second" comment. If memory serves, there was a very late flag earlier on the drive that set Ohio State up. Anywhere, for your viewing pleasure...

FYI - the Hurricanes were HEAVILY favored in this game. Someone made a lot of money off of that.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back