PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Probably the most hilarious thread you'll read on any opposing team's message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great... if all they do is look at box scores but not actually watch the games.

What drives me crazy about analysis like this is that it completely discounts a little-known aspect of offense I like to call "the running game."

You can sling it all you want, but if you're not helping out your D by eating up clock and getting your RBs into the end zone on a regular basis (individual stats be damned), you're not doing enough to win.

Lol this guy nailed it

That's my QB
58ntyz.gif

What drives me crazy about analysis like this is that it completely discounts a little-known aspect of offense I like to call "the running game."
It also doesn't include the one game-changing fumble.

If Amendola doesn't get that extra half inch and squeak into the endzone on the 2 point conversion, threads like that would appear here, and be laughed at by the 5 diehard Atlanta fans in their forum.

It also doesn't include the one game-changing fumble.
Weight against a pick 6 that would have sunk the season of any quarterback not named Tom Brady?

You can sling it all you want, but if you're not helping out your D by eating up clock and getting your RBs into the end zone on a regular basis (individual stats be damned), you're not doing enough to win.

The part of this that is key is the part that's been overlooked by just about everyone:

The Patriots shut down the Falcons run, especially in the second half. People think the Falcons were running all over the Patriots, because they remember the 37 yard carry early on. However, if you take out that one run

Freeman : 10 carries for 38 yards
Coleman: 7 carries for 29 yards

and Atlanta averaged less than 2 ypa in the second half.

If Amendola doesn't get that extra half inch and squeak into the endzone on the 2 point conversion, threads like that would appear here, and be laughed at by the 5 diehard Atlanta fans in their forum.

But he did, so we get to savor Realville :D

1. Atlanta doesn't have 5 fans in total, let alone 5 diehard fans
2. Amendola did get in
3. 5 time champs

Honestly, this is the "Montana is 4-0 in Super Bowls!" all over again.

Your guy played very well until the moment when he absolutely, positively couldn't screw it up by taking a sack, which he proceeded to do. He wasn't good enough, you only scored 21 on offense, and you lost. Bummer.

Contrast that with Brady, who was pedestrian to ick for a portion of the game. Then, when he absolutely, positively had to make one play after another, he succeeded every single time.

1. Atlanta doesn't have 5 fans in total, let alone 5 diehard fans
2. Amendola did get in
3. 5 time champs
Absolutely. But when we're one play away at several points of the game, from the story of the Superbowl being about the epic failure of the New England Patriots over the first 2 1/2 quarters, I think it pays to be a little humble. And maybe a little understanding when fans of the other team brag up their team's performance a bit.

I thought those Atlanta fans were fine. The few Atlanta fans that I ran into here at Patsfans were also very respectable, before and after the game.

I wonder what's worse, losing on a big comeback or on a INT at the goal line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes