PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Day Schedule

@primetime I think we were just discussing this a few days ago re: Rashaan Evans.

Decent time for Harrison, since he's a big SS type. Disheartening news about Evans, however. As I heard it, the entire point of the second pro day was so that he could work out. Maybe he sees a bit of a fall as a result?

Pro Day March 29: SMU, West Virginia & SMU | Draft Analyst

Rashaan Evans, who did not run the forty at the combine or Alabama’s first pro day did not run yesterday which left a very bad taste in the mouths of teams who purposely made the trip to watch his workout.

Several teams questioned Evans speed going into the pre-draft process and the fact he’s not yet run the forty coupled with a vertical jump of just 30 inches and 9-feet-8-inches in the broad jump will raise further red flags about his athleticism.

Factor in terrific workouts by many of the linebackers at the combine (Lorenzo Carter, Leighton Vander Esch) and it adds up to bad news for Evans.

His groin must still be nagging him. Guess you have to feel confident in the tape. I suspect he'll fall a bit but it may benefit a team who's willing to roll the dice.

Disappointing time for Kyzir White. Not a bad 3-cone for a SS though. I was hoping for a little more speed from him, based on how fast his older brother ran a few years ago. He may end up putting on 10 pounds and playing WILL for a team. I still like him on tape though.

Pro Day Results

Probably not much will come of this, but I think Mailata is converting to football at a much earlier age than most of the other players who tried to jump from pro rugby to pro football. He's pretty athletic. I doubt he's drafted, but perhaps he would be interested in working with the best OL coach in the business after the draft.

Massive rugby player Jordan Mailata impresses scouts at pro day

I found the motherlode of pro day info for the FCS level. Here's a link to the linebacker results. Other positions are listed at the end of the article. Great source of info. I need to research Kendall Donnerson, apparently. Fantastic numbers.

FCS COMBINE: Linebackers Top Performances

As I mentioned in the Rush thread, Marcell Frazier is a guy to watch in the later rounds. He dealt with an injury for the first half of the season. After returning to health, he had 5.5 sacks in their last 7 games. He also ran in the 4.59 - 4.62 range at his pro day, after shedding 6% body fat and working hard to improve his testing numbers. He worked out along with Bradley Chubb, and pushed himself to match or exceed Chubb. I like the Missouri pedigree at DE.

'Scouts were shocked:' Mizzou's Marcell Frazier has strong pro day

Excellent agility numbers.

Tight end Dallas Goedert, who just started running two weeks ago after rehabbing the hamstring he injured during the first day of Senior Bowl practice, posted a 35-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump and timed 6.87 in the three-cone and 4.06 in the short shuttle.

Pro Day - South Dakota State | Draft Analyst

South Dakota QB Chris Streveler

Just reposting Chris Streveler's scouting report from the UDFA thread.

QB Chris Streveler

Chris Streveler | South Dakota, QB : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

ckparrothead from the Dolphins message board Finheaven did a great profile on him.

• Big, strong guy with excellent frame and musculature despite only being 6'2" tall.
  • Fast, quick feet, good ball carrying skills. His feet are a weapon the defense must account for.
  • Has played wide receiver, tight end, full back, running back. Have to be smart to move all around like that.
  • Good communication skills. Widely regarded by teammates to be the leader. Has TWO Master's degrees.
  • Easily the fastest release I've seen in the 2018 draft. His release is so quick, it's a major weapon.
  • Great natural arm strength that can get even better if he keeps working on consistency in footwork.
  • Very accurate with the football. Throws players open. Makes decisions about ball trajectory and touch.
  • Doesn't over-rely on one receiving weapon; efficient chemistry with a dozen different players.
  • An intangible physicality; absolutely not intimidated by bodies cluttering the pocket. This is a big deal.
  • Regularly gets through to his third option, can get from one side of the field to the other with timing and accuracy.
  • Keeps his eyes up while scrambling and can flick the ball on a hair trigger to the open player.
  • Ran a blazing fast no-huddle, much like Jimmy Garoppolo did at Eastern Illinois. Requires fast information processing.
  • Took a team that hadn't won more than 6 games in a decade, won 8 games, beat an FBS team, won a playoff game.
  • Tough. Played with an injured throwing hand for much of 2017. Had to start throwing with a glove.
  • Throwing Stats: 316 of 481 (66%) for 4,134 yards (8.6 YPA), 31 TDs (6.4%), 8 INTs (1.7%).
  • Rushing Stats: 168 runs, +870 positive gains, -150 negative gains (sack yardage), 11 TDs.
If I had to really boil it down to what is so attractive with Chris Streveler, it is that he has a lot of intangibles in terms of physicality inside the pocket, leadership, intelligence, and yet he also has tangible qualities in terms of his strength, feet, ball carrying skills, arm strength, and especially that hair trigger release.

With Streveler playing at a perennial loser in the FCS, turning them into a winner, he's not about to be intimidated by the FCS Championship Game runner-up (beating Bo Pellini's Youngstown State), nor by an FBS team (beating Bowling Green). He's going to carry that offense on his back, representing about 71% of the offense's yardage and 66% of its touchdowns. And if he goes down to a better team in the FCS playoffs, he's going to go down swinging, scoring 42 points of offense, accounting for 571 yards and 6 TDs on his own.

If he doesn't have the time in the pocket to operate the offense, then he doesn't have the time in the pocket to operate the offense. There's not much to be done about that. Streveler's offensive line was NOT good. But he's not going to be overwhelmed, regardless. He's going to stand in there, make passes with guys in his face, take hits and pop back up, and even do some things with his feet to buy time and get a pass off. That snap trigger of Streveler's is a real weapon, yet his mechanics are not standard issue. That makes me compare him to a Phil Rivers.

I really think you can do worse than a guy who is a physical specimen, has intangible qualities, the quickest release in the draft, and is intelligent enough to have accumulated two master's degrees by the time he was done with school. Even in the FCS.

Slimm's 2018 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

Chris Streveler QB

Last edited:
Jonah Trinnaman is getting some buzz after his BYU workout. Some stopwatches had his 40 in the 4.2s. He didn't produce much, but could be an interesting UDFA. Similar profile to Dorsett in terms of size and speed. Explosive leaper.

Excellent agility numbers.

Tight end Dallas Goedert, who just started running two weeks ago after rehabbing the hamstring he injured during the first day of Senior Bowl practice, posted a 35-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump and timed 6.87 in the three-cone and 4.06 in the short shuttle.

Pro Day - South Dakota State | Draft Analyst
My binkie. Hoped that he wouldnt do any drills before draft but...

From Pauline via Walter Football (weird pairing).

Chad Meredith/LB/SE Missouri State: One of the more underrated small-school linebackers in April's draft, Meredith measured 6-feet-4.5-inches and 251 pounds, posted a vertical jump of 35.5 inches, broad jump of 10-feet-1-inch and completed 18 reps on the bench press. He timed as fast as 4.69 in the 40 and 6.77 in the three cone. A prototypical strong side linebacker, Meredith is receiving interest from the New York Jets, New York Giants and Cleveland Browns.

Read more: 2018 NFL Pro Day Recaps by Tony Pauline: WalterFootball.com

Looks like a practice squad guy only, despite very solid numbers.

Last edited:
@manxman2601 OL jumping alert. I think he quite safely exceeds 30 inches. :cool:

That works.

The center that did own Harrison Phillips when I was watching him was the San Diego State center whomever that was. Great OL play from the entire SDS OL.

Not terrible for Miller, given that he's still recovering from a foot injury and hasn't been able to train for the 40 the way other guys have. His speed in pads is fine.

Pro Day - Memphis | Draft Analyst

Weber St. DE/DT Mack Murphy.

He also is 26yrs old so he's probably a late round/UDFA possibility.

McKAY MURPHY

Another player to impress with surprising speed was the 6-foot-4, 295-pound Murphy, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.81 seconds, according to NFL Draft Diamonds.

On the bench press, Murphy was pumping out the 225-pound reps at an incredible rate, but suddenly stopped as he felt a muscle strain in his left shoulder.

“I hit 23 and I felt my chest tighten up a little bit,” Murphy said. “I did one more and I felt it. I knew that if I was going to keep going then it was just going to affect the rest of my day, which I’m glad it didn’t ... A couple of weeks ago when we tested I did 39. I was hoping to hit 40 today.

“That’s just talk now. Unfortunately, I couldn’t prove it. If someone wants to see it that bad, I’ll send them a video on Instagram.”

Murphy has spoken with a number of scouts and is confident he’ll receive an invite to a camp. During Pro Day, scouts from the Patriots and the Saints pulled Murphy aside to ask more questions about the Lone Peak product.

Johnson, Vollert, Murphy impress in Weber State's biggest Pro Day yet

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes