PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Day Schedule

The big winner from USM's pro day was safety Tarvarius Moore.

Graded as a priority free agent entering the season, Moore was phenomenal in his workout today. He measured 6006 and 199 pounds and touched 39.5 inches in the vertical jump and 11-foot-2 in the broad jump. Moore timed a blistering 4.32 in the 40 as well as 6.89 in the three-cone. As was described to me by someone at the workout, Moore “killed it” during drills, which were run by the New Orleans Saints.

Pro Day - Southern Mississippi | Draft Analyst

Lance might want to pump the brakes just a tiny bit. He's a bit soft in off coverage, and his technique isn't very refined. I will say that he's really good at crashing down against the run and blowing up screens. Lots to like, and a fantastic athletic profile, but there's limited viewing online. Here are a couple games I found.

EDIT: He's number 18 out there.

Last edited:
Are the “scores” out of 10?

Yes. It's all based on historical results. Top number ever recorded essentially becomes 10 (so, there are two scores: draft year RAS, and historical RAS, since it updates to include new numbers each draft season). That way it's dynamic and stats-based instead of just a ranking out of an imaginary "perfect 10." Really neat tool to review.

You can download it from his site, which I linked above, or peruse his Twitter for more details:

Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) | Twitter

Bad news for one of my Wisconsin boys: Pro Day April 5: Arkansas State | Draft Analyst

On the heels of breaking the story on Kentavius Street last night, we’ve been notified of another potential injury which took place during a private workout.

On Monday, the Detroit Lions traveled to Wisconsin where they worked out fast-rising safety Natrell Jamerson, cornerback Nick Nelson and several other Badgers.

Three unrelated sources tell me Nelson hurt a knee during the workout. I'm told it was nothing major and Nelson is still getting the injury checked out, but some believe it was very likely meniscus-related.

Hope he's okay and that this won't cause any trouble with his draft stock. :(

Hmmm. They better love a QB if they’re taking him in the first considering the range of needs for this year and next on the roster. Still, it is the most important position on the field so if they do love Rudolph or Jackson, I could get behind taking a QB that high.

This stood out to me from Rudolph’s nfl.com scouting report:

• Slides in pocket for clean launch points and is rarely a static target for rushers
  • Keeps eyes trained downfield when sliding around pocket

Hmmm. They better love a QB if they’re taking him in the first considering the range of needs for this year and next on the roster. Still, it is the most important position on the field so if they do love Rudolph or Jackson, I could get behind taking a QB that high.
The good thing is with 2 #1s and 2 #2s we can reach a little if necessary at QB to make sure we get our guy and still have 3 picks in the first two rounds for the other needs.

RoJo from USC finally worked out today. He's still not 100% from his hamstring injury, but still ran in the 4.4s and looked good in drills.

Far more concerning to me is that my favorite mid round corner was injured during a workout -- I think for the Lions, so thanks Patricia. :p

The good thing is with 2 #1s and 2 #2s we can reach a little if necessary at QB to make sure we get our guy and still have 3 picks in the first two rounds for the other needs.

So long as he is their guy.

Nice 3-cone

Seems about right except for the vertical. I've never seen anyone elevate like that on blocks:

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

EDIT: I hate the new Google images. What a pain that it won't just embed anymore. I'll just snip the pictures and paste them directly:

upload_2018-4-12_17-59-43.png

upload_2018-4-12_18-0-57.png

Still puts him in a very good territory for athleticism:

upload_2018-4-12_18-2-45.png

Last edited:
Found out that Peter Kalambayi re-ran the 3-cone at his pro day and put up a 6.94. It wasn't reported initially, but I'm very pleased at that number. I'm extremely interested in adding him to the LB corp. He already does everything we ask Van Noy / McClellin to do. He's not a big stats guy, but he plays his role in the Stanford defense. He would be an off the ball player with some rush capability, not a true EDGE.

35 1/4” arms :eek:

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back