PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

Tabloid gossip.

I said this was likely his last season and still believe it is but if he chose football as his top priority then maybe he really will decide to sign a new deal somewhere for a few more years. Works for me. :)

Sorry, continuing to play at this age is dumb, especially when he's not gaining much. It's good for Timmyites like yourself who wants to see him play until he's 50, but it sucks for his family life and his own health. I wonder how many concusssions he's gotten over the years.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Sorry, continuing to play at this age is dumb, especially when he's not gaining much. It's good for Timmyites like yourself who wants to see him play until he's 50, but it sucks for his family life and his own health. I wonder how many concusssions he's gotten over the years.
Not gaining much? His peers think he's still the best player in the league. He should have won league MVP last season. That 2020 Super Bowl win was huge for his legacy, something he obviously care a lot about. Yes, I want to see him play, because he's still playing at an elite level and proving Belichick incredibly wrong. His family life and health aren't for football fans to worry about... he can make his own decisions regarding personal issues.

I said this was likely his last season and still believe it is but if he chose football as his top priority then maybe he really will decide to sign a new deal somewhere for a few more years. Works for me. :)
I don't think the "retirement" was legit. Seems likely he was just trying to wrangle his way out of Tampa Bay. Once it was clear to him he was actually stuck there for another season he "unretired." Regarding playing next season, I think it'll depend on how this season plays out. If there's noticeable decline in his play, or he gets injured, or the team underperformed (like missing the postseason), then he may just say that's it. I think he had intention of playing somewhere this season (not Tampa Bay) so he may still want to explore his options for 2023. Miami's probably off the table at this point but he would make that team a Super Bowl contender. Same with SF.

Not gaining much? His peers think he's still the best player in the league. He should have won league MVP last season. That 2020 Super Bowl win was huge for his legacy, something he obviously care a lot about. Yes, I want to see him play, because he's still playing at an elite level and proving Belichick incredibly wrong. His family life and health aren't for football fans to worry about... he can make his own decisions regarding personal issues.

I don't think the "retirement" was legit. Seems likely he was just trying to wrangle his way out of Tampa Bay. Once it was clear to him he was actually stuck there for another season he "unretired." Regarding playing next season, I think it'll depend on how this season plays out. If there's noticeable decline in his play, or he gets injured, or the team underperformed (like missing the postseason), then he may just say that's it. I think he had intention of playing somewhere this season (not Tampa Bay) so he may still want to explore his options for 2023. Miami's probably off the table at this point but he would make that team a Super Bowl contender. Same with SF.
That seems like a very accurate take on things.

Here's another factoid. Tom Brady was free to play with anyone and supposedly didn't get many, if any, offers. Meanwhile, if Belichick became free tomorrow teams would be lining up at his door. When did coaches become more important than players, especially GOATs?

Who do you think the Steelers would miss more, TJ Watt or Mike Triplin? To me that answer is simple because Watt has a much bigger impact on the game than Triplin, just like Brady does over any coach he plays for.

Here's another factoid. Tom Brady was free to play with anyone and supposedly didn't get many, if any, offers. Meanwhile, if Belichick became free tomorrow teams would be lining up at his door. When did coaches become more important than players, especially GOATs?
The quarterback is generally the most important piece of any franchise. There are some young innovative head coaches in the NFL today however. Along those lines, I'm not sure Belichick would be in as high demand as you suggest. He's a curmudgeon who's methods are dated. He's below .500 since Brady left. The shine has come off Belichick considerably. The Patriots are 1-5 since the wind storm in Buffalo. And 4 of those losses have come against divisional opponents, you know, the teams that Brady dominated for two decades.

I'm not sure why the interest in Brady was lower than expected. Probably his age and the poor ending to the 2019 season. I'm sure several teams regret not having gone after him now. His impact on the Buccaneers franchise has been absolutely enormous.

The quarterback is generally the most important piece of any franchise. There are some young innovative head coaches in the NFL today however. Along those lines, I'm not sure Belichick would be in as high demand as you suggest. He's a curmudgeon who's methods are dated. He's below .500 since Brady left. The shine has come off Belichick considerably. The Patriots are 1-5 since the wind storm in Buffalo. And 4 of those losses have come against divisional opponents, you know, the teams that Brady dominated for two decades.

I'm not sure why the interest in Brady was lower than expected. Probably his age and the poor ending to the 2019 season. I'm sure several teams regret not having gone after him now. His impact on the Buccaneers franchise has been absolutely enormous.
Brady had the same impact here. Not only did he make the team better he made Bob and Bill a boatload of cash. As a reward he was offered peanuts and sent packing.

Now that Tom House has come forward and informed us that Belichick was looking to trade Brady 9 years ago, I guess we can put to bed the notion that Bill wanted to keep him here in 2020.

The quarterback is generally the most important piece of any franchise. There are some young innovative head coaches in the NFL today however. Along those lines, I'm not sure Belichick would be in as high demand as you suggest. He's a curmudgeon who's methods are dated. He's below .500 since Brady left.
In all fairness, he was well below .500 before Brady arrived too. So let's not forget that.

But don't worry.... the Belichick krishnas will be all too happy to remind us that this is a rebuilding year. Just like last year. And the year before.

I bet Jerry Jones wishes he had gone after him.

Trying way too hard with useless stats like this. Unless you think Colin Kaepernick is better than Dan Marino cause that's what this chart says. Lol

no, but the so called GOAT should near the top…and aren’t you the one who cites QBR all the time?

no, but the so called GOAT should near the top…and aren’t you the one who cites QBR all the time?
He is at the top. More wins than anyone, more Super Bowl rings than any other team. Most yards, TD, etc.

This chart is useless. Can't compare stats across eras. Brady played in 2 eras of the game, before and after Bill Polian's rule changes. Most of the top 10 played in only one era. It's also comparing rating for Brady who played in 47 playoff games to someone like Mark Sanchez who played in 6.

Try again :)

Now that Tom House has come forward and informed us that Belichick was looking to trade Brady 9 years ago, I guess we can put to bed the notion that Bill wanted to keep him here in 2020.
Fairly big reveal by House. Was it even mentioned on the main forum? Belichick said it publicly after he drafted Garoppolo in 2014... "Tom's age and contract situation"... he was so giddy with the idea of moving on from Brady he couldn't contain himself. As tight lipped as Belichick usually is, why is it he opened up about moving on from his elite quarterback? At that point in Brady's career he was carrying the organization on his back. Belichick couldn't handle Brady getting his fair share of the credit. It was also around that time when the coaching staff was spouting off about being able to win with any top 15 quarterback in the league. They couldn't even win with the GOAT 2005-2013. And it took Brady playing like a magical unicorn in the postseason to beat Seattle and Atlanta.

Brady only made it through 2019 in New England because he compelled the team to hold onto him through all of his exceptional play and winning. With the rubbish contracts they had him playing under over the last few seasons here he could have checked out sooner but he stayed committed to his teammates and the organization. There's only one quarterback in the league who's converting three 3rd-10s consecutively in OT on the road in the postseason. Even after that they wouldn't even commit to him for the Bucs ultimately gave him.

But don't worry.... the Belichick krishnas will be all too happy to remind us that this is a rebuilding year. Just like last year. And the year before.
Based on what we've seen so far it's a deconstruction year. They're going backwards. What did anyone think was going to happen when season two of your new franchise quarterback you scrap the offensive playbook and put two flunkies in charge of implementing a new system? And then on top of that you're benching your best receiver because he reportedly was late for one preseason meeting a month ago. WTF?

Brady 17th all time in career playoff passer rating...just above Joe Flacco lol.
Brady has more than twice as many postseason game-winning drives (14) than any other quarterback. He has as many game-winning drives in the Super Bowl alone (6) as Elway does for his entire postseason career.

And did you watch the 2011 postseason? Flacco had one of the best postseasons of all-time.

He is at the top. More wins than anyone, more Super Bowl rings than any other team. Most yards, TD, etc.

This chart is useless. Can't compare stats across eras. Brady played in 2 eras of the game, before and after Bill Polian's rule changes. Most of the top 10 played in only one era. It's also comparing rating for Brady who played in 47 playoff games to someone like Mark Sanchez who played in 6.

Great, so keep changing the subject. YOU were the one who was citing QBR a few months ago in the Mac vs Brady head-to head game. Now you are doing an about face in saying that this type of stat is useless. In any event, passer rating is an official NFL stat that takes into account completions/attempt, touchdowns/attempt, interceptions/attempt, and yards/attempt. It's not my fault that Brady is not at the top of the list. Perhaps I was right in that Brady has more passing attempts than anyone and compiles stats. And now you are saying you can't compare stats across eras...so, I guess you can't compare Brady to Montana, Marino, Elway, etc. Got it.

Try again :)

I've tried - hard for me to get through to a dimwit.

Last edited:
  • Ha Ha
Great, so keep changing the subject. YOU were the one who was citing QBR a few months ago in the Mac vs Brady head-to head game. Now you are doing an about face in saying that this type of stat is useless. In any event, passer rating is an official NFL stat that takes into account completions/attempt, touchdowns/attempt, interceptions/attempt, and yards/attempt. It's not my fault that Brady is not at the top of the list. Perhaps I was right in that Brady has more passing attempts than anyone and compiles stats. And now you are saying you can't compare stats across eras...so, I guess you can't compare Brady to Montana, Marino, Elway, etc. Got it.
Used the way it is in that chart...yes useless. As I showed in my last post.

Brady is at the top of the QB mountain and the numbers back that up. Fact.
His team got a lot better with him and his old team got worse without him. Also fact.

Last edited:
I've tried - hard for me to get through to a dimwit.

991.gif

Used the way it is in that chart...yes useless. As I showed in my last post.

Brady is at the top of the QB mountain and the numbers back that up. Fact.
His team got a lot better with him and his old team got worse without him. Also fact.

also fact - he’s second in super bowl losses

Yes when he leads his team to more Super Bowls than any other player or coach in league history including his former coach there's a good chance he'll lose once in a while. Shocker.

Once again, only a troll would bash a Qb who has 7 superbowls because he doesnt have 10. This is the stupid logic of, you are better if you dont get to a superbowl and lose. lol You cant make this kind of stupid up.

Brady has won more Super Bowls than any franchise in the NFL.
The Patriots were 0-2 in Super Bowls in 40 years pre-Brady. They won 6 Super Bowls in Brady's 18 seasons as their starter.
The Patriots won 5 division titles in 40 years pre-Brady. They won 17 division titles in Brady's 18 seasons as their starter.
The Patriots combined record 2-years pre-and-post Brady: 30-38. The Patriots record with Brady as their starter: 219-64.
The Buccaneers had the worst winning percentage of any professional franchise pre-Brady. They won the Super Bowl in his first season there.

Fairly big reveal by House. Was it even mentioned on the main forum? Belichick said it publicly after he drafted Garoppolo in 2014... "Tom's age and contract situation"... he was so giddy with the idea of moving on from Brady he couldn't contain himself. As tight lipped as Belichick usually is, why is it he opened up about moving on from his elite quarterback? At that point in Brady's career he was carrying the organization on his back. Belichick couldn't handle Brady getting his fair share of the credit. It was also around that time when the coaching staff was spouting off about being able to win with any top 15 quarterback in the league. They couldn't even win with the GOAT 2005-2013. And it took Brady playing like a magical unicorn in the postseason to beat Seattle and Atlanta.

Brady only made it through 2019 in New England because he compelled the team to hold onto him through all of his exceptional play and winning. With the rubbish contracts they had him playing under over the last few seasons here he could have checked out sooner but he stayed committed to his teammates and the organization. There's only one quarterback in the league who's converting three 3rd-10s consecutively in OT on the road in the postseason. Even after that they wouldn't even commit to him for the Bucs ultimately gave him.

Based on what we've seen so far it's a deconstruction year. They're going backwards. What did anyone think was going to happen when season two of your new franchise quarterback you scrap the offensive playbook and put two flunkies in charge of implementing a new system? And then on top of that you're benching your best receiver because he reportedly was late for one preseason meeting a month ago. WTF?

Brady has more than twice as many postseason game-winning drives (14) than any other quarterback. He has as many game-winning drives in the Super Bowl alone (6) as Elway does for his entire postseason career.

And did you watch the 2011 postseason? Flacco had one of the best postseasons of all-time.
It doesn't seem to matter who the HC is, but you have to have top players on offense, defense or both.

When I look back at what Brady has done, I still can't fathom it all. No QB ever came through in crunch time like him and never will. Remarkable.

I'm trying to give the "new" coaches time before I evaluate them, but it's not easy. The Pats offense is anemic so far.

The other bs thing that I've heard is that Bill doesn't show favorites. What a crock.

When Brady's father said that it was going to end badly, I wonder if he anticipated just how badly? The fact that Brady got his 7th ring with another team instead of the Pats still bothers me. It didn't have to end that way.

No QB ever came through in crunch time like him and never will. Remarkable.

LOL

He's number 1 in NFL history in playoff INTs and 17th in playoff passer rating. He's not even number 1 in super bowl passer rating. Stop acting like he does everything well.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back