PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Vikings-Thanksgiving Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrews is a beast.
Curious to find out eventually what the injury is. I remember it was revealed later on that Logan Mankins played almost the entire 2011 season on a torn ACL. Still did pretty well.

Some perspective into how well wise is playing:

wise 38 pressures 6.5 sacks
pace: 64 pressures 11 sacks

chandler jones’ best year with the pats: 66 pressures 11.5 sacks (2013)

wise also has 3 batted balls & jones’ high with the pats was 3. He’s been their best RDE since jones & it isn’t close.
Jones highest sack total was 12.5 and that was 2015.

Trey Flowers also played RDE. He put up some pedestrian numbers as the Pats top pass rusher (with a lot of it coming late in the year), but he didn't have the threat in Judon that Wise has. Evan Lazar also had said after 2018 season that Flowers was schemed up and had many unblocked pressures. Basically he was calling him overrated.

With that said, the way Wise is playing, he should get to close to if not 10 sacks this season. So yes, I would agree he'd be their best RDE since Chandler Jones. I wanted Wise gone for a few years now, but he's doing a great job shutting me up and having a career year.

So Wynn, what even is he? When you need him, he is injured, when he is not injured, he is stinking up the place. How long will he last in the NFL? I give him 2 years after this year.

I think we're still in it even with a loss. This is a tough spot.

I'm speaking more from a moral/psychological perspective. If this team wins tomorrow night, they'll develop the confidence that they can hang with any team in the NFL.

So even thought it'll go in the books as one win, it'll be the psychological equivalent of a mini-win streak.

So Wynn, what even is he? When you need him, he is injured, when he is not injured, he is stinking up the place. How long will he last in the NFL? I give him 2 years after this year.

If Wynn lasts another 2 to 4 years, that is a nice career in the NFL.

Isn't the average less than a mid-round rookie contract? Not a high bar to clear.

Why does the level of the bar matter? If Wynn lasts another 2 to 4 years, he has had a nice NFL career. Judge it for what it is - a nice career.

Why does the level of the bar matter? If Wynn lasts another 2 to 4 years, he has had a nice NFL career. Judge it for what it is - a nice career.
Context.

We have different definitions of the words nice and career under said context as well, but they are very subjective words anyway.

I gave Wynn my requisite three years, defended the allocation of the option year too. We can all see how that turned out.

Context.

We have different definitions of the words nice and career under said context as well, but they are very subjective words anyway.

I gave Wynn my requisite three years, defended the allocation of the option year too. We can all see how that turned out.

OK. Glad you generously defended an allocation of Wynn's option year, but that is a different discussion. What is your definition of a nice for sir?

OK. Glad you generously defended an allocation of Wynn's option year, but that is a different discussion. What is your definition of a nice for sir?
A nice career in the NFL? 7-10 years, at least two contracts, relatively injury free (or able to come back at the same level after significant injury), consistent positive contributor, someone who even the negative nabobs have to begrudgingly acknowledge said contributions, not someone who when reminisced about makes it difficult to remember one game changing, big play or consistent, steady fundamental contribution. This even includes special teams guys - you know why Joe Cardona's name never comes up under any circumstance (except maybe when he's called up from the Reserves)? Cuz he just does his job steadily every time.

Didn't mean to turn this into a manifesto. I was just surprised by the words nice, career, and Wynn all together - it wasn't expected and obviously brought a reactive response.

That is not a hard thing to do.
Pit Viper Sunglasses No GIF by Pit Viper

I toured the Vikings stadium today. Got to go into the visiting owners box, the locker room and hang out on the field.

Does anyone know if Gillette offers anything similar? It was easily one of the coolest stadium experiences I’ve ever had. Although nobody could tell me where to find the trophy room

I don't anticipate the Patriots offense improving much over the remaining course of the season. The Vikings defense is pretty bad, especially against the pass, so this could be one of their more productive games. Mac's got a solid completion percentage but he really hasn't looked comfortable in this offense. I still think Zappe gives the offense more upside but it looks like Mac's team now unless he gets injured again. The running game and defense will be the reason they win games this season.

Marcus Jones looks like a real weapon on ST but the league's on notice now for sure. There will be a lot punts angling toward the sidelines from here on out. The wind must have gotten ahold of that Jets punt, there's just no way they intended that to go straight down the field. In that spot, with under 30 seconds left in the game, that punt has to land out of bounds.
The rumor is they were hoping that with the strong swirling wind, Jones would muff the catch and they might recover and be able to kick a FG for the win. He fielded it on the 16, so would have been just like a PAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down