PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Vikings-Thanksgiving Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at Minnesota's stats out of curiosity, and what struck me is that despite being 8-2, they have a negative point differential. All but one of their wins have been by 1 score or less, and their losses were blowouts. They're definitely not a powerhouse by any means.
Another interesting stat that plays to the Patriots strengths this season is that the Vikings are giving up 3 sacks/game. This is especially relevant since they only have four days to prepare for Matt Judon & Company.

So long as the patriots Defence holds up, keeps Cousins under constant pressure and limits Jeffersons impact on the game I'd say we're looking at a really competitive game. The only worry Is whether the offense can keep up be productive and put some points on the board.

since I'm banned from the post game thread....this is great

How come you keep getting banned so quickly? I’ve seen as fast as one post and you’re shown the door.

Hoping the d can carry us again, just worried about our ol especially trents status. Hopefully it was just a bug that affected him because he wasn’t very good yesterday either. The offense has to start performing, can only expect the defense to win so many games without any help!
The 2022 Patriots identity is completely about the Defense and Special Teams. The offense's job is to keep screwups to a minimum. If the defense and special teams can get the offense great field position, the Pats can win pretty much any game. But the offense does not have a 75-yard TD drive in its DNA.

If McCourty and Jones had held onto those two interceptions yesterday against the Jets, that game could have been a blowout.

Geez, I wonder what the Patriots would look like if they had an experienced line coach and an experienced offensive coordinator? Bill should begging "Mr. Kraft" for blank checks to get SCAR and McDaniels back.

The 2022 Patriots identity is completely about the Defense and Special Teams. The offense's job is to keep screwups to a minimum. If the defense and special teams can get the offense great field position, the Pats can win pretty much any game. But the offense does not have a 75-yard TD drive in its DNA.

If McCourty and Jones had held onto those two interceptions yesterday against the Jets, that game could have been a blowout.

Geez, I wonder what the Patriots would look like if they had an experienced line coach and an experienced offensive coordinator? Bill should begging "Mr. Kraft" for blank checks to get SCAR and McDaniels back.

Yeah, complimentary football is how we’ll have to win. The d and st will keep us in games, i just don’t think winning is sustainable against the better offenses unless our offense starts to contribute something. Not asking them to put up 30 ppg but something like 20 and winning top is a reasonable ask.

Yeah, complimentary football is how we’ll have to win. The d and st will keep us in games, i just don’t think winning is sustainable against the better offenses unless our offense starts to contribute something. Not asking them to put up 30 ppg but something like 20 and winning top is a reasonable ask.
I think we should hope for baby steps. How about they move the ball forward instead of backwards when in the Red Zone? That would be nice.

Here's hoping for a "Thanks Dad" Injury.
WTF? Are you even a fan of this team? I've been disappointed in our players before, but never have I ever wished for one of our players to get hurt. The only player on any team I ever wished an injury on is Jack Tatum and I believe I was twelve years old. I'm just dumbfounded by your comment.

Here's hoping for a "Thanks Dad" Injury.

Ignoring the fact that wishing for an injury is a classless move (which is enough to condemn this post), when is it EVER a good thing to have fewer options on an already depleted OL?

Since we're on the subject of "Thanks Dad", nobody beats Dan Klecko. He's the OG of "Thanks Dad".

It is more that the center is supposed to see the defensive alignments and adjust the offensive blocking scheme. So yes, they know what we are doing, and we don't know what they are doing. Bad combination :p
whats the difference to Ferentz than? like he knows what the D# is giving them? the tragedy is he might even know and still is pushed around like a toy, its even worse you know whats coming but you can't handle it anyway, just useless out there

Yeah and "Thanks Dad" Matthew Slater! How many years has he been here and he can't break into the lineup of even this offense?
The difference is that Matt Slater has been a standout special teamer since day 1, but he's always been a terrible offensive player. I do not miss the dreaded play action bombs that I rarely-if ever were completed back in the day.

The difference is that Matt Slater has been a standout special teamer since day 1, but he's always been a terrible offensive player. I do not miss the dreaded play action bombs that I rarely-if ever were completed back in the day.
I know. It was a joke.

I think we should hope for baby steps. How about they move the ball forward instead of backwards when in the Red Zone? That would be nice.

Hopefully, its never too late to find our identity as long as we mathematically control our destiny for a playoff spot. In 2018 we didn’t find our true identity until the 2nd to the last regular season game. Though right now this ol or qb is nowhere near that one. But there’s always a chance we get stuff sorted out to become an all around threat.

After that anemic performance by the Vikings yesterday, the Patriots definitely should be competitive in this matchup. The Patriots offense is wretched right now but the Vikings defense is actually pretty bad for an 8-2 team. 31st ranked passing defense so perhaps a good opportunity for Mac Jones to have a breakout game. I don't dislike Cousins as much as probably most but he's having his worst season since becoming a full-time starter. The Vikings o-line got obliterated yesterday which had Cousins looking completely helpless. The Patriots could be able to exert similar pressure. They also should double-team Jefferson. I could see a Patriots victory here, like 23-20.

Evan Rothstein to the rescue?
I mean I am half serious here.
Rothstein is a disciple of Patricia following him from Detroit. I doubt he's going to make a difference since the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Will we face a Vikes team like they were @ Buffalo or like they were yesterday ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes