PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Vikings-Thanksgiving Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can win this but they won't get 11 days off, Buffalo game is also a Thursday game.

and the Vikings have a far better running game than Miami does, so it'll be a BIG challenge for sure.

Heard the same thing about Chubb & Hunt and they got contained to 68 yards

Seems high-risk to me. I'd leave Ferentz in there.

2023 is when the problem at backup C can realistically be solved
Really you haven't watched "Thanks Dad" have you??

Heard the same thing about Chubb & Hunt and they got contained to 68 yards

Oh I think they can do it, but it'll still be a challenge. Also, I'm sure stopping Chubb/Hunt was plan A, B, and C against Brissett and the Browns. Jefferson is going to force some lighter defensive packages, so stopping Cook will be more contingent on the DL in this one.

Kirk Cousins vs a Bill Belichick defense in prime time?

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

half the fanbase here and seemingly every opponent knows Patricias playcalls, come on that can't be that difficult to learn, 1st and 10 is a no brainer run up the middle :p

It is more that the center is supposed to see the defensive alignments and adjust the offensive blocking scheme. So yes, they know what we are doing, and we don't know what they are doing. Bad combination :p

Feed Stevenson & Harris.

View attachment 47512
Cowboys have a much better offensive line than we do. They have a backup in Matt Farniok who played at Nebraska and is better than two of our starters, Cachoo and Ferentz.

Disclaimer: Most here know that I know less about football technicalities than most fine posters here but here goes...
Problem #1: OL QB protection
Radical scheming needed to make up for lack of talent & execution even at the talent level. Standard approach is NOT working.
I'd add a 6th OL for protection given that Mac shows he is accurate on passes when he has time. Let him thread coverage.
Try extra OL pulling to middle to protect against delayed up the middle blitzes or beating the weak Center-Guard combo.
Alternatively 2 RB backfield with Harris picking up the rusher.
Also consider roll out right with extra protection there by a TE held in to block. He has hit his roll right passes when not about to be hit.

A lot more than you've seen Russey play at an NFL level.
If Ferentz was named Smith he’d be coaching with his dad and big brother at Iowa. Worst starter in the NFL on the offensive line.

How many snaps did Tavai play against the Jets? I don’t remember him being out there much.

That is a good trend.

When he’s in watch out for the Dalvin Cook wheel route on his side of the field.

If Ferentz was named Smith he’d be coaching with his dad and big brother at Iowa. Worst starter in the NFL on the offensive line.
OK thanks.

How many snaps did Tavai play against the Jets? I don’t remember him being out there much.

That is a good trend.

When he’s in watch out for the Dalvin Cook wheel route on his side of the field.
He played a lot.

Any Defense vs Mac in prime time.
Despicable Me Lol GIF
I'm giving football classes to the ret@rded next month. You should drop in. It'll be fun and informative. You guys can all learn about basic football concepts while grunting and licking windows in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST