PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop Josh Jacobs, job #1.
Double Davante, job #2.
Don't bite on ball fakes, job #3.

Given all we need to do on D, I fear this might be a big game for Darren Waller.
I'm glad Renfrow is out and Waller is on IR says ESPN.

I'm glad Renfrow is out and Waller is on IR says ESPN.

Think they are both eligible to return this week unfortunately. That would be huge if they do

Stop Josh Jacobs, job #1.
Double Davante, job #2.
Don't bite on ball fakes, job #3.

Given all we need to do on D, I fear this might be a big game for Darren Waller.
I'm for Jacobs doing his thing just don't allow many long runs. A slow tough it out game favors us. That said we should double Davante Adams on every play we need Mills back too.

Think they are both eligible to return this week unfortunately. That would be huge if they do
Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

I like Agholor. Seems to be a good teammate who works hard, sets a good example, and has a great attitude. That said, I think we've seen more than enough of him in actual games. He has the speed, but his route running and hands are just underwhelming (from my amateur perspective). Would like to see him bumped down to 4th or 5th on the depth chart below Bourne and Thornton.

If Bourne doesn't play over Agholor this week we'll know junior high grudges mean more than winning to BB and MP.
And why can't they give Thornton the deep outs?! Instead of the 3 yd. curls...
We really need Mills and Jones back this week with Adams. We can't have the shorties - J.Jones, Bryant & M.Jones - on him.
And, I hate to say it, but DMC has been more of a liability lately.
Oh, and Palardy is 10x worse than Bailey - we need him back fast.

I thought Bourne had a nice game…especially blocked well which tells me he has not quit.

Agholor…woof. Credit for being a good person and trying to get Parker help, but he has AWFUL hands

Glad it is not a night game.

What day will the Pats travel to Vegas ?

Renfrow is the one on IR. Is Waller?
I believe they both could return this week. That would be horrible.
If they have all of those weapons (Adams, Renfrow, Waller, Jacobs) we'll lose.
Not because our D can't stay competitive, but because our O definitely can't keep pace.

As long as they can keep Crosby and Jones off of Mac, this could be another “fool’s gold” game for the offense ala Minnesota and Arizona last night. Their secondary is very suspect and we shouldn’t have much of an issue moving the ball between the tackles. I’m not worried much about the defensive side of the ball. Uche and Judon should be able to pressure Carr enough into making mistakes. The key will be containing Jacobs.

Not gonna challenge them much with 80% screen passes like Patricia calls it, offense is just not pro-like thats a desaster what they are playing so far and it won't click much this season until someone beats the conservatism out of Patricia and the OL starts to play like some professionals out there

Waller and Renfrow can return to practice this week. I don't know how effective they will be if they play on Sunday or how much they'll play. I'm guessing not 100% and not the whole game.

Waller and Renfrow can return to practice this week. I don't know how effective they will be if they play on Sunday or how much they'll play. I'm guessing not 100% and not the whole game.
I hope they are rusty and don't remember the plays.

Jacobs looked to be bothered by a hand issue on Sunday, perhaps a broken or dislocated finger. Bears watching his level of participation and if he has to go with heavy wrapping/ club

I believe they both could return this week. That would be horrible.
If they have all of those weapons (Adams, Renfrow, Waller, Jacobs) we'll lose.
Not because our D can't stay competitive, but because our O definitely can't keep pace.
My wish for this Defense have come through a force along-side Judon in Uche. IF Barmore comes back we are going to be even more scarier :eek: that's how you beat the Elites with Defensive pressure.:cool:

To look at it from a different angle, vegas was playing their best football without those 2. Barring the collapse against baker mayfield, they would’ve been 4-0 without them. Still rather not have them playing but something to ponder!

Raiders stats:
1670962861983.png

Very good offense very meh defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand