PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to struggle against former Pats coaches, but I still think we win this one. I didn't realize Josh Jacobs is leading the NFL in rushing with over 1400 yards already so we have to contain him. I feel like Carr will be good for a turnover or two so we'll have to be able to capitalize. This seems to be a must win game with the final 3 games looking very tough.

Lets' Double Davante Adams all over the Field that should stifle D. Carr and unleash Judon and Uche! :cool:

Yes, our O tackles have been major issues this year. Going to need to give them help, but I think we can run up the gut against the Raiders, that's where their weak on defense.
Ash did Cajuste play last night?? I saw McDermott a little too much. :headscratch: :mad:

He didn't. Please see the below:

Good we need Yodny Cajuste for at least for this game can't have McDermott in this Big spot.

As long as they can keep Crosby and Jones off of Mac, this could be another “fool’s gold” game for the offense ala Minnesota and Arizona last night. Their secondary is very suspect and we shouldn’t have much of an issue moving the ball between the tackles. I’m not worried much about the defensive side of the ball. Uche and Judon should be able to pressure Carr enough into making mistakes. The key will be containing Jacobs.

As long as they can keep Crosby and Jones off of Mac, this could be another “fool’s gold” game for the offense ala Minnesota and Arizona last night. Their secondary is very suspect and we shouldn’t have much of an issue moving the ball between the tackles. I’m not worried much about the defensive side of the ball. Uche and Judon should be able to pressure Carr enough into making mistakes. The key will be containing Jacobs.

It is Week 15 so Chandler Jones will disappear. We know that from his time here. He is a beast for the first 8 to 10 weeks, and then fades.

It is Week 15 so Chandler Jones will disappear. We know that from his time here. He is a beast for the first 8 to 10 weeks, and then fades.
Chandler Jones is dormant now but I bet you he'll come alive against McDermott.

So on one side, we have Mac Jones going up against a defense that he will likely shred mercilessly without breaking a sweat. On the other side, we have our elite defense up against discount Mac Jones.

This is the game where Josh will truly rue the day he left the real deal for the dollar store version.

Probably too excited thinking about all the blow he’s going to do with his brother in the offseason.

Season 3 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

Stop Josh Jacobs, job #1.
Double Davante, job #2.
Don't bite on ball fakes, job #3.

Given all we need to do on D, I fear this might be a big game for Darren Waller.

Can we hire him to be our current QB coach?

Greeney on get up jokingly said when bb hugged kingsbury after the game that bb was hugging his next oc… and that got me thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes