PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The status on Guy bears watching.

I think the enthusiasm over D Wise is a little excessive. He was going against a rookie playing out if position, and then no one but me seems to notice he lost his mojo at game’s end. Go back and watch Lamar’s rushing TD. Wise is no stamina champion.

We really need another DE who can set the edge to rotate with Judon, a stud, and Wise, a meh player who can make plays every now and again.

Wise may lose some of the weight he put on during the off-season.

Will Uche be a factor? Other than a sack in Miami he has been his normal disappearing self. Josh Uche couldn’t set the edge even in college, which is why he was a third down pass rusher when it was long.

This front seven ain’t nothing special.
I'm not sold on Judon. He seems to lose the edge with the way he rushes.

Actually it would be a good thing for the team to do well….

Hoyer playing better than Mac’s first 3 games this year doesn’t determine anything for the future. Hopefully Hoyer plays well and we can pull off an upset and be positioned to let Mac play well and be in a playoff race going forward.
I hope it happens and I hope you're correct. It would be nothing like the Brady/Bledsoe War of 2001 though.

That's a surprise. I wonder if he's got much of anything left in the tank. Guess the staff feels he must if he's the top backup RT for a few weeks now at least, behind Wynn who is injury-prone.

If you turn it over four times to Lamar Jackson and that Baltimore offense you deserve to lose. If your pass rusher's lose contain, you will lose.

They way to beat Baltimore is to build a lead, 14 points by the second quarter and force him to pass.

The Pats did as they have done all year, they beat themselves with mistakes.
There was a play early (I think it was 3rd down) that had me jumping off my chair and yelling at Judon. The Pats had LJ nailed but Judon, even with a Patriot close to LJ on the other side, came in too steep and allowed LJ to get around him easily. It also seems like he did that some with Josh Allen last year.

There was a play early (I think it was 3rd down) that had me jumping off my chair and yelling at Judon. The Pats had LJ nailed but Judon, even with a Patriot close to LJ on the other side, came in too steep and allowed LJ to get around him easily. It also seems like he did that some with Josh Allen last year.
Judon and Uche were arriving at the same time in a pincer move, if Judon hadn't gotten greedy, committed by diving and lost contain they would have sacked him easy. Judon actually knocked Uche off LJ, preventing him from sacking him. This happened at least one other time in the game where he was dead to rights and the defender gave up contain by overcommitting.

The Pats lost the game by turning it over, but they made a couple of gaffs on defense as well. The key is to build a lead and make him pass from the pocket, that's Jackson's weakness.

That's a surprise. I wonder if he's got much of anything left in the tank. Guess the staff feels he must if he's the top backup RT for a few weeks now at least, behind Wynn who is injury-prone.
Aside from our RG, he's the only back-up RT. Unless we shift Brown. But then who plays LT? It's a mess.

Judon and Uche were arriving at the same time in a pincer move, if Judon hadn't gotten greedy, committed by diving and lost contain they would have sacked him easy. Judon actually knocked Uche off LJ, preventing him from sacking him. This happened at least one other time in the game where he was dead to rights and the defender gave up contain by overcommitting.

The Pats lost the game by turning it over, but they made a couple of gaffs on defense as well. The key is to build a lead and make him pass from the pocket, that's Jackson's weakness.
Okay, that was Uche. I wasn't sure who it was and I was too lazy to go look. That was a big play for the Ratbirds but should have been an easy sack instead.

Please don't tell us that Jackson's weakness is passing from the pocket. After all, he's a former MVP.

Okay, that was Uche. I wasn't sure who it was and I was too lazy to go look. That was a big play for the Ratbirds but should have been an easy sack instead.

Please don't tell us that Jackson's weakness is passing from the pocket. After all, he's a former MVP.
What does former MVP have to do with his inability to win in the playoffs. It is directly tied to his inability to pass from the pocket against playoff defenses. Lamar Jackson is ranked 26th in pass attempts.... if he were good at passing Baltimore wouldn't use scheme to protect him from himself. After all Harbaugh let Joe Flacco lead the league in pass attempts. Facts suck for LJ truthers. The MVP is a regular season award, Super Bowl MVP is for winners.

If the Pats commit to running the ball and they are successful the pass blocking is not such an issue.

Aside from our RG, he's the only back-up RT. Unless we shift Brown. But then who plays LT? It's a mess.
How can the Line be one of the best in the league and a mess?

McCourty looked terrible giving up that TD as well. Awful awareness.
I actually don’t really think awareness was the issue there. I think he got beat on Andrews’ release when he tried to collision. At that point, he was face guarding and playing catch-up technique. The problem was the initial coverage. If he doesn’t lose position like that, he’s not going to be in that face guarding position. At that point, he was just playing the man, not the ball. He wasn’t going to be turning around for the ball, and that’s not because he wasn’t aware of the ball.

How can the Line be one of the best in the league and a mess?
Try to keep up. We're talking about OL depth. It's a fv*&ng mess. We're one injury away to one of our two injury prone tackles to become a sh*t show.

Try to keep up. We're talking about OL depth. It's a fv*&ng mess. We're one injury away to one of our two injury prone tackles to become a sh*t show.
You're worrying about something that hasn't happened yet, or whether a former All Pro in Cannon will make a good backup.

Good grief...

I have to agree. Way too thin for my tastes.

He's been terrible setting the edge/keeping contain for the better half of a year going back to last year.
How's Godchaux been doing in your opinion?

1st, I barely see him on the field, then all I see him doing is being moved by whaterver OLineman is on him.

What does former MVP have to do with his inability to win in the playoffs. It is directly tied to his inability to pass from the pocket against playoff defenses. Lamar Jackson is ranked 26th in pass attempts.... if he were good at passing Baltimore wouldn't use scheme to protect him from himself. After all Harbaugh let Joe Flacco lead the league in pass attempts. Facts suck for LJ truthers. The MVP is a regular season award, Super Bowl MVP is for winners.
The problem that I have with MVP and HOF voting is that it's done by writers, many of whom are biased for one reason or another.

Eh could have had Romeo Doubs and Thornton we had Doubs visit multiple times.
Bailey Zappe better be half as good as Brees at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots