PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bears @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahhh! Begone foul earworm (that you saved me from having to post :rofl:)

We're on to NY.

Zolak right now on the air saying plainly that from what he saw during warmups yesterday that Mac is nowhere near close to returning. His footwork alone is completely messed up.

FWIW

Socci also mentioned something similar today on Toucher and Rich. Basically, Mac didn't warm up at all but just tossed the ball around with Zappe.

if zappe plays Monday night, and plays well against the 4th best ranked passing D in the league, you have to wait until Mac is 100%, probably until the Bye, and then make the decision then...but then he's also beaten the jets and colts by the bye, so then you let him keep going until he proves otherwise

don't refuse a present when one is given to you

if zappe plays Monday night, and plays well against the 4th best ranked passing D in the league, you have to wait until Mac is 100%, probably until the Bye, and then make the decision then...but then he's also beaten the jets and colts by the bye, so then you let him keep going until he proves otherwise

Time is against Mac, if Zappe keeps playing well and more importantly the team keeps winning, the chances of Mac starting again go considerably down imo.

A lot of
The bears offense is non existant. I don’t see them scoring a lot of points. The possibility of a second shutout is on the table for the Patriots defense.

On the other side, I am kinda intrigued to see what our offense can do against the bears defense which is not terrible. It’s another team with a bad run defense but their pass defense is in fact good. Maybe their pass defense is a product of bad QB or their pass D made most QB they faced look bad.

Bears D is:

16th in yds/g
29th in rush yds/g
4th in pass yds/g
12th in points/g

Our D in comparison:

13th in yds/g
17th in rush yds/g
14th in pass yds/g
8th in points/g

I hope Zappe plays this game to see what he can do against a better pass defense.
Bears have piled up a ton of rushing yards (2nd most to CLE). Hopefully the Pats run D can have a repeat performance.

Kyler Gordon seems to be doing well for them, although losing their best DB Jaylon Johnson helped lead to this (no TDs for Vikes' JJ tho):

Wait...someone named their kid "Sauce"?
That’s his nickname. The kid is a hell of a corner. Just didn’t get as much fanfare as he should have because he played for Cincy.

Anyway, this could, and probably should, be a shutout for the defense. The Bears don’t do anything remotely well and Fields still can’t come off his first read. When that happens, he panics and runs. He’s taken some HELLACIOUS shots over the last few weeks.

Who cares what defense they play?

Mac had to compete against all pro Quarterbacks

Meanwhile Zappe plays Goff, Fields, and Brissett LOL. None of those 3 stand a chance in hell at beating our defense

I was born in Chicago, my 3 brothers are all Bears fans, gonna be a fun game to watch with the family haha

I was born in Chicago, my 3 brothers are all Bears fans, gonna be a fun game to watch with the family haha
Did a road trip to watch the Pats-Bears gsme with a couple of high school buddies the last time they played them on the road. Had a blast. As most here will recall, they came within two yards of blowing their lead on a Trubisky Hail Mary. Patterson dominated at kickoff returner, including taking one to the house. Sony injured his knee and Patterson had to fill-in as a running back a couple of weeks later because they were so thin due to injuries and did a great job. That’s when he first showed signs that he had legitimate skills as a running back at the NFL level.

Chicago is a great city, other than the corrupt and/or incompetent Dem politicians and the high risk of being car-jacked and/or murdered.

That’s his nickname. The kid is a hell of a corner. Just didn’t get as much fanfare as he should have because he played for Cincy.

Anyway, this could, and probably should, be a shutout for the defense. The Bears don’t do anything remotely well and Fields still can’t come off his first read. When that happens, he panics and runs. He’s taken some HELLACIOUS shots over the last few weeks.
Wait a second K, didn't someone a few posts before you state the Bears have the 2nd best rushing game after Cleveland? I'm confused now.

Bears rookie LT looked horrible Thursday night. I’d line up Judon on that side all night long.

Did a road trip to watch the Pats-Bears gsme with a couple of high school buddies the last time they played them on the road. Had a blast. As most here will recall, they came within two yards of blowing their lead on a Trubisky Hail Mary. Patterson dominated at kickoff returner, including taking one to the house. Sony injured his knee and Patterson had to fill-in as a running back a couple of weeks later because they were so thin due to injuries and did a great job. That’s when he first showed signs that he had legitimate skills as a running back at the NFL level.

Chicago is a great city, other than the corrupt and/or incompetent Dem politicians and the high risk of being car-jacked and/or murdered.
Last time I attended a Bears/Pats game was in New Orleans for the superbowl. Even when the Pats went up 3-0 you could tell there was a VAST difference between the talent of the 2 teams. That Bears team, IMHO was the best NFL team of the superbowl era by far. They DESTROYED every playoff team they faced. It was no contest in any of them.

Those Miami frauds of only played 12 regular season games and 2 playoff games Of those 14 games only 5 per played against teams with winning records. They weren't NEARLY as good as those 85 Bears. Hard to believe just 3 years later they were out of the playoffs and would be for more than a decade.

Who cares what defense they play?

Mac had to compete against all pro Quarterbacks

Meanwhile Zappe plays Goff, Fields, and Brissett LOL. None of those 3 stand a chance in hell at beating our defense
Quarterbacks don’t compete against quarterbacks, they play against defenses, so they probably care

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST