PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

We don't actually know if he's priced his way out of Foxboro. We'll see.
The team stated both parties agreed to allow him to seek his value in FA,, at this point one of 2 things happens.. he signs elsewhere for big money.( Ex. Chicago a team with big money to spend. )

Or he gets the Edelman experience and finds that his value is greater here than he thought... as u said we'll see..

I want Jo.Jo. Back as well

eh... Personal preference, but we do need dB help

he's about the same size - height & weight as Jo.Jo... As for overrated, I disagree... Played slightly more than 50% of the defensive snaps, and was better than JoJo in coverage...

lets hope we can snuff 1 or 2 of them out...
As always we'll put....

So many here always seem to think that players jump at "team-friendly" deals. On another thread, people were musing about bringing in Carr, Geno Smith, Jimmy G to PUSH Mac Jones. Yeah great, 100million guaranteed for a back-up...
Berrios played decently in NY - he has nothing to "prove," like coming off an injury or busting out somewhere. Why would he go to a team that plans what you're proposing? Also, he's not going anywhere without some guaranteed money - how much are you willing to throw at a camp body?
Do we know that Meyers is looking to get paid, or is he looking for longer-term growth and security? But yeah, I agree, he probably played himself into a position to get more than what New England would offer, but who knows? I thought Edelman was gone when he hit Free Agency that one year. We'll see what the market is. I think Meyers wants to stay. He's not going to take a cheap contract and lose tons of $$$$$, but there might be a bot of a hometown discount in there if the team that brought him in UDFA, gave him a chance, and rewarded his efforts comes close to an offer from somewhere else.
So many here always seem to think that players jump at "team-friendly" deals. On another thread, people were musing about bringing in Carr, Geno Smith, Jimmy G to PUSH Mac Jones. Yeah great, 100million guaranteed for a back-up...
Berrios played decently in NY - he has nothing to "prove," like coming off an injury or busting out somewhere. Why would he go to a team that plans what you're proposing? Also, he's not going anywhere without some guaranteed money - how much are you willing to throw at a camp body?
Do we know that Meyers is looking to get paid, or is he looking for longer-term growth and security? But yeah, I agree, he probably played himself into a position to get more than what New England would offer, but who knows? I thought Edelman was gone when he hit Free Agency that one year. We'll see what the market is. I think Meyers wants to stay. He's not going to take a cheap contract and lose tons of $$$$$, but there might be a bot of a hometown discount in there if the team that brought him in UDFA, gave him a chance, and rewarded his efforts comes close to an offer from somewhere else.
Yeah... those team friendly deals were more prevalent when we had #12.

Guys gave up more money to either stay or come here for that chance of a Lombardi. I'd agree Myers won't and shouldn't take a team friendly contract.

We know how the team does business.. Brady allowed them operate as such as he continually took less for the good of the overall team roster building. We know those days are over with.

Now the teams in a position where they are going to have pay for talent. Simply the way the nfl works! I like berrios as well and I would like the team to make a run at him..

So if you don't agree then the report is idiotic? The post is from fan sided.. a reputable patriots report from 2021 stating the team moved mills from safety to play corner..
First of all it’s a screen shot, not a report
Secondly it’s not a reporter it’s just some dude.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
  • Agree
Reactions: Ian
Some names I’d be interested in:

-NT/DT Dalvin Tomlinson
-ILB Bobby Okereke
-WR D. Hop
-CB Byron Murphy
-CB Darius Slay
-CB Ramsey
-LB Isaiah Simmons
-LB Eric Kendricks
-CB Sean Murphy-Bunting
-S Jesse Bates
-DE Yannick Ngakoue
-LB Jrue Tranquil
-S Julian Love
-S Kerby Joseph
-CB Jamel Dean
-DB CJGJ
-WR Hunter Renfrow
-LB David Long
-LB Leonard Floyd
-S Juan Thornhill
-RB Samaje Perine
-OT Kaleb McGary
-LB TJ Edwards

Last edited:

-NT/DT Dalvin Tomlinson
-ILB Bobby Okereke
-WR D. Hop
-CB Byron Murphy
-CB Darius Slay
-CB Ramsey
-LB Isaiah Simmons
-LB Eric Kendricks
-S Jesse Bates
-DE Yannick Ngakoue
-LB Jrue Tranquil
-S Julian Love
-S Kerby Joseph
-CB Jamel Dean
-WR Hunter Renfrow
-LB David Long
-LB Leonard Floyd
-RB Samaje Perine
-OT Kaleb McGary
-LB TJ Edwards

Glad to see that you narrowed down your interest to a few key players. :)

Give Beckham 20million per year backloaded of course to be Patriots true #1 receiver and target.
Will instantly make MAC better and allow pats to focus on other areas of need in draft.
Remember cap goes up every year

Let say 4 years 80 million, 50 million guaranteed

Give Beckham 20million per year backloaded of course to be Patriots true #1 receiver and target.
Will instantly make MAC better and allow pats to focus on other areas of need in draft.

Beckett isn’t a #1. He is mediocre as a 2

-NT/DT Dalvin Tomlinson
-ILB Bobby Okereke
-WR D. Hop
-CB Byron Murphy
-CB Darius Slay
-CB Ramsey
-LB Isaiah Simmons
-LB Eric Kendricks
-S Jesse Bates
-DE Yannick Ngakoue
-LB Jrue Tranquil
-S Julian Love
-S Kerby Joseph
-CB Jamel Dean
-WR Hunter Renfrow
-LB David Long
-LB Leonard Floyd
-RB Samaje Perine
-OT Kaleb McGary
-LB TJ Edwards
Are there rumours simmons gets shopped?
I think he has at least one year or 2 on his rookie deal if I remember correctly and if looked like it made click for him and the cards, now with a firmer dc as hc I believe he is a player they would keep

Are there rumours simmons gets shopped?
I think he has at least one year or 2 on his rookie deal if I remember correctly and if looked like it made click for him and the cards, now with a firmer dc as hc I believe he is a player they would keep
Nothing concrete to be honest, but ARI has a new regime and may have an array of feelings internally about Simmons’ future/role with the team. Wishful thinking, but maybe Bill & Ossenfort could work something out. I can only imagine how Bill would utilize a talent like Simmons in our defense.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Yeah... those team friendly deals were more prevalent when we had #12.

Guys gave up more money to either stay or come here for that chance of a Lombardi. I'd agree Myers won't and shouldn't take a team friendly contract.

We know how the team does business.. Brady allowed them operate as such as he continually took less for the good of the overall team roster building. We know those days are over with.

Now the teams in a position where they are going to have pay for talent. Simply the way the nfl works! I like berrios as well and I would like the team to make a run at him..
I would bet that a lot of the guys stayed because the Patriots paid middle class contracts better than any team in the NFL. So they would keep players on who could sign elsewhere for more, but then be immediately cut by their teams to create cap space for overspending at the top of the roster. Some players just figured out they could make more by taking less from the Patriots. Think of Van Noy. He left for more money, but was immediately cut and didn't see the back end of the contract. That seemed to happen repeatedly to players. Whereas guys like Bruschi, Ninkovich and Vrabel at the same position seemed to take less than they could've gotten on the open market, but they ended up earning those middle class amounts over a very long period of time. Whether or not they wanted to win or play for #12, taking less with the Patriots makes for a sound business decision if you're confident that the Patriots -- unlike many other teams -- will keep their middle class of players satisfied. Of course, your agent has to be established enough to explain this dynamic to you, because if you hire a fly-by-night guy, he's going to want the biggest signing bonus immediately so that he can take his chunk now.

I would bet that a lot of the guys stayed because the Patriots paid middle class contracts better than any team in the NFL. So they would keep players on who could sign elsewhere for more, but then be immediately cut by their teams to create cap space for overspending at the top of the roster. Some players just figured out they could make more by taking less from the Patriots. Think of Van Noy. He left for more money, but was immediately cut and didn't see the back end of the contract. That seemed to happen repeatedly to players. Whereas guys like Bruschi, Ninkovich and Vrabel at the same position seemed to take less than they could've gotten on the open market, but they ended up earning those middle class amounts over a very long period of time. Whether or not they wanted to win or play for #12, taking less with the Patriots makes for a sound business decision if you're confident that the Patriots -- unlike many other teams -- will keep their middle class of players satisfied. Of course, your agent has to be established enough to explain this dynamic to you, because if you hire a fly-by-night guy, he's going to want the biggest signing bonus immediately so that he can take his chunk now.
Right and I agree with what your saying. In van noys case he was initially traded here and became a great player for us.

He then got a big deal elsewhere, becuase he had gotten a ring and wanted to get paid. He actually got paid twice by Miami and the chargers.

I just know that over the years players would always say they ended up taking less to play here with brady for a chance to win. James Harrison said he was offered much more by Baltimore but chose New England because he wanted to win he said.

There's a host of players who've said that over the years. We had the luxury of being in big games each season so that and the attraction of playing with brady and learning under BB was the allure that players got.

Once we start winning again that attraction with come back. So the team knew they could offer players what they felt was a fair offer becuase of those said reasons.

-NT/DT Dalvin Tomlinson
-ILB Bobby Okereke
-WR D. Hop
-CB Byron Murphy
-CB Darius Slay
-CB Ramsey
-LB Isaiah Simmons
-LB Eric Kendricks
-S Jesse Bates
-DE Yannick Ngakoue
-LB Jrue Tranquil
-S Julian Love
-S Kerby Joseph
-CB Jamel Dean
-WR Hunter Renfrow
-LB David Long
-LB Leonard Floyd
-RB Samaje Perine
-OT Kaleb McGary
-LB TJ Edwards
See a few linebackers there... Why no Leighton Vander Esch, from Dallas... Guy is a thumper...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back