PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

Absolutely they will need depth....probably draft or FA. But I do think the "starters" at CB will go like that. Please no more Myles Bryant either.
Yes agreed unless a FA CB is signed and wins the starting job in camp.. with dmac officially retired we definitely need to resign peppers love the way he plays..

He has some Rodney in him he loves to hit and be ultra physical.. we need some attitude back there!

Yes agreed unless a FA CB is signed and wins the starting job in camp.. with dmac officially retired we definitely need to resign peppers love the way he plays..

He has some Rodney in him he loves to hit and be ultra physical.. we need some attitude back there!
Peppers deffo has some Rodney swagger. I'd really like to see him on D more often....agreed.

Will be closely watching the Twitter account of Simon Charles next week. The guy is well connected and has a vast amount of inside knowledge when it comes to the NFL, the Patriots, and other topics.

For those unfamiliar with him, here he is. Felger is a huge fan of his, too, and often uses him as a source.

Looked at his Twitter and saw him tweet that the Celtics have traded for Kevin Durant. Doesn’t make feel great about his credibility.

Is Felger really the person he should cite to show he’s legit?

Looked at his Twitter and saw him tweet that the Celtics have traded for Kevin Durant. Doesn’t make feel great about his credibility.

Is Felger really the person he should cite to show he’s legit?
It was a farcical post...satirical even

Peppers deffo has some Rodney swagger. I'd really like to see him on D more often....agreed.
Yes absolutely!!!! He, Dugger, Phillips, jo
Jones* Bledsoe could all have increased roles this season...

FIFY but yes I agree
Lol well he is gonna have to show something to stick around.. I guess it will all depend on what BB Feels Jo. Jones is best suited at... to me either FS or Slot corner.. Murphy-bunting, jack on outside..

you know what dude, i understood your beef with the Brady stuff, and agreed with some of it... But you really have become nothing but a toxic troll on this site... I think that it maybe time for you to leave, permanently.

At least I won't have to read your posts anymore, as you will be ignored on a permanent basis from here-on out.

@Ian Could you please remove Mac10 from this thread? We have almost 1500 posts of good, informative discussion going on in here... I don't want the positive tenor of this thread disrupted by a guy who is clearly trolling / mocking Patriots fans at this point.

1678487647189.gif

there you go... its an ugly contract... geno basically gets 28 million bucks unless he tops his career year in 1 or any of 5 categories... thats a bad contract for him, but i guess making 28m isnt that not a bad considering last year he made 1.2m
Yeah sounds weak, until you consider it’s Geno freaking Smith and he’s getting $28 million.

it says basically, you need to top your prior numbers each year to earn the escalators in the deal, and if we get someone better, we can cut you relatively easily
The escalators actually would hurt him if he achieved them. If he does a little better than last year his 2024 salary is 43 mill. Clearly they would get him rather than pay 43 mill unless he became a different player.

Mills was signed initially to play at free safety, But injuries at CB had him playing there.. he played safety at Philadelphia he actually was a ball hawk there. I feel he a better fit at safety than CB..
No he wasn’t. He was signed to play corner.

miamis 2024 cap number is now 224 mill with only 28 players signed. They are already over what this years cap # is with 28 players.

The have 11 players for 135 mill for 2025

What is that supposed to mean?

That's not Nearly good enough, at either CB1 or CB2.
Agreed. I also people are dramatically underestimating the overall impact McCourty had on the secondary. I think the days of an endless pipeline of day three picks turning into pro-bowlers are over.

It will be interesting if the Pats sign a FA now. Can spread the cap hit a bit.

I believe Jack Jones will be a very good CB. He flashed several times in 2022. He was a rookie. Even JC Jackson had time to learn. Let’s see what happens in 2023.

I agree Mills is average but if the other DB are solid, I think we’ll be ok.

There's a
I think Miles Bryant would make a hell of FS. :rofl:

There's a hater on here that said mills wasn't signed to play safety once again I've proved himh
I believe the team is going to add a veteran or 2 at CB.. as you know I've mentioned Murphy-bunting.. as TB is likely to be rebuilding..

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back