PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Pre-Draft Thread] NFL Draft 2020 - NE Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're like 0-3 so far. And like most of your post you're just saying things that don't make sense. Anything specific bc this barely makes sense??

I understand others try to become draft experts 2 months before the draft.
That's obviously not me. And obviously you don't frequent the draft forum or you'd know this. Anyone that reads my post or pm me asking me about a certain prospect does so knowing I'm different than most out there. It's my opinion from my research or knowledge.
And again my draft grades reflect that more than anything else. Another thing you haven't looked at. They're different than most I've researched come across. There's a thread about them and another member is looking at them to see how good or if I am any good at grading prospects.

All the names we're hearing now, like Jefferson, Trautman, Love, Proche etc were identified as P-TP (Patriot-Type Prospects) before the year even started. Long before all the media started talking about them.

I need a lot of help but not when it comes to the draft.
I'm a big BGC fan, learn so much about every draft since I've been reading his threads in the draft forum. His knowledge of the prospects is beyond excellent. I don't ALWAYS agree with his evaluations, but 95% of the time I do. I watch a lot on my own time, so I see some of these prospects and form my own opinions, but I'm far from an expert. If I were to name one expert in the draft, BGC would be #1, there are some other good ones on this board, but BGC is the best, and I like his evaluations better than a lot of so called "experts".

Any of these TEs will do.

-Kmet
-Okwuegbunam
-Trautman

I love how everybody writes off Harry as a bust when he’s got about half an injured season under his belt.

I wouldn’t be ready to move on quite yet.

malaise drafting a WR early seems pretty likely. The dream of bringing back Brady and bringing in Beckham, Diggs and Hooper to be some super team is impossible. It’s more likely a third round WR and a guy like Devin Funchess. Enjoy

in college, Arizona wide receivers checked with the sidelines for routes to run.

the patriots call plays in the huddle.

it is a huge deal to go from elementary school to graduate school in a few months.

Been saying I wanted Albert O as a Patriot for over a year. He’s a beast. He’s a combination of TJ Hockenson and Noah Fant (ever faster than Fant), and is the most physically talented TE available in the 2020 draft. I wouldn’t complain if they took him 23rd overall. I know it won’t happen, but this 4.49 bumps him to the 2 round and out of our reach.

Two other big guys I REALLY like in this draft, WR Denzel Mims ran a 4.38 at 6’3” 207 and a 38 vertical and WR Chase Claypool ran a 4.42 at 6’4” 238, and had a 40 vertical ! Insane numbers, but also excellent players on the field as well. WR Justin Jefferson really helped himself get into the top 15 (probably), running a 4.43. Just an incredible WR draft. If we can come out of it with a good pass catching TE and a receiver with good speed, I’d be thrilled. Not holding my breath though. Belichick NEVER drafts for need despite obviously desperate needs at TE (especially) and WR.

Count me in! Kmet & Trautman.

This is the type of player that wins Super Bowls. Honestly I’d rather draft Trautman and sign Eifert to a reasonable deal than throw mad money at Hunter/Hooper

This is the type of player that wins Super Bowls. Honestly I’d rather draft Trautman and sign Eifert to a reasonable deal than throw mad money at Hunter/Hooper
I like Trautman better than Kmet.

Last edited:
this is a great combine so far...gotta admit

Agree UPF, believe when we start talking about our draft this year, it has to start with the tight end position.

I think it depends on if Brady comes back. If he does, then yes. If he doesn't, Bill may just blow it up and try to get younger everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back