PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Pre-Draft Thread] NFL Draft 2020 - NE Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t really thought about RB much but I wouldn’t mind it. Even if Harris plays this year and plays well, another quality back would be helpful if they want to feature the run. Michel-White-Burkhead-Harris-Draftee.

A.J. Dillon would be a great pick on day 3. He’s basically a young Lagarrette Blount, I love having that beast mode kind of back. He could also catch the ball. He’s good because he can make yards on his own and is a TD machine inside the 5.

I'm expecting Bill to trade out of the 1st round. Seems like such a bill move to make. Or he'll take a guard.

If Tua falls I could see Bill trading up with SF who have been broadcasting to everyone that they want to move down. I think Bill would probably take him even if he likes Stidham but only for a sensible price. Gotta be good at QB and even if Stidham is also good, you can trade one them in the future.

This rumour was disputed by Tom Curran, Mike Girardi, and the 49ers themselves.

The real story, according to John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan, is Lynch asked for Garoppolo during the 2017 offseason and Belichick said no. Lynch then asked for Brady and got laughed off the phone. The day before the 2017 trade deadline Belichick called Shanahan and offered Garoppolo for a 2nd.

What Shanahan, Lynch said on 2017 49ers-Pats trade talks

I've heard that as well, of course.

We don’t win SB 53 without Sony. He didn’t have a great year last year, but had a GREAT 2018. He may never be a great back, but I’d make that selection EVERY time because we won a championship.

This is kind of a weird counterfactual to me. It's not falsifiable and he played well, but Burkhead did too, and Burkhead was a street free agent. Like does Sony Michel do something that playoffs that, I don't know, Kerryon Johnson doesn't (Johnson being a player taken with a pick they traded back before taking Dawson).

If Tua falls I could see Bill trading up with SF who have been broadcasting to everyone that they want to move down. I think Bill would probably take him even if he likes Stidham but only for a sensible price. Gotta be good at QB and even if Stidham is also good, you can trade one them in the future.

I will be surprised if tua falls out of the top 10. D9 the jags like minshew?

In my basement so don't have my antenna, so got the PFF Youtube show on the TV rather than any live feed and there's a lot of interesting commentary and then Cris Collinsworth, the boss, chipping in with bad ESPN narrative crap takes.

The boos are still as sweet as honey...

This is kind of a weird counterfactual to me. It's not falsifiable and he played well, but Burkhead did too, and Burkhead was a street free agent. Like does Sony Michel do something that playoffs that, I don't know, Kerryon Johnson doesn't (Johnson being a player taken with a pick they traded back before taking Dawson).
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that's one I don't get. A lot of posters have said he was the reason we won, we wouldn't have won without him etc

I just don't see it. We had arguably our best OL ever. That's why we won. That and Bills defense. Idk to each their own

The only thing I'll predict is the usual load of angry "who in the hell is that and why in hell did we draft him??" posts.

So prescient....

His dog could've made better picks this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back