PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Help After The Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As is often the case, many folks want us to trade for top talent, using critical draft and cap value. As always, I suspect that Belichick will make a minor trade for two, or not.

As is often the case, Belichick often doesn't see the critical "needs" that we do, and sees less chance of a new player contributing.
============
We're 6-2, and could improve our play with increased contribution from some of the following.

COULD COME BACK FROM INJURIES
Brown
Valentine
McClellan
Gilmore
Rowe
Mitchell (unlikely IMHO)
Hogan

WE MIGHT GET CONTRIBUTIONS FROM
Harris (continued)
Dorsett (increasing)
Allen (more than blocking?)

As is often the case, many folks want us to trade for top talent, using critical draft and cap value. As always, I suspect that Belichick will make a minor trade for two, or not.

As is often the case, Belichick often doesn't see the critical "needs" that we do, and sees less chance of a new player contributing.
============
We're 6-2, and could improve our play with increased contribution from some of the following.

COULD COME BACK FROM INJURIES
Brown
Valentine
McClellan
Gilmore
Rowe
Mitchell (unlikely IMHO)
Hogan

WE MIGHT GET CONTRIBUTIONS FROM
Harris (continued)
Dorsett (increasing)
Allen (more than blocking?)

I thought dorsett would flourish with a change in surrounding. Very disappointing. Maybe he could give us something. Getting valentine back would be nice.

Last edited:
It will be fun watching people lose their **** when they don't trade for Fitzgerald or Bryant, and then act like the season is over.

It will be fun watching people lose their **** when they don't trade for Fitzgerald or Bryant, and then act like the season is over.

Well it depends a lot on the hogan injury as well. Looks like Mitchell might not come back. Offense needs to gel a lot more. They have struggled the last 3 games.

Well it depends a lot on the hogan injury as well. Looks like Mitchell might not come back. Offense needs to gel a lot more. They have struggled the last 3 games.

Yes, we have a struggling offense. Is our offense #1 or #2 in the NFL?

I thought dorsett would flourish with a change in surrounding. Very disappointing. Maybe he could give us something. Getting valentine back would be nice.

I'm not disappointed in Dorsett. He is getting few receptions. He's been a bit injured.

However, his production is about what a #4 WR usually gets on the patriots. With Gronk and the RB's, the #4WR is not likely to be much of a factor.

Also, it isn't easy to pick up the offense. IMHO, he's doing his job. The bye will give the coaches an opportunity to work with him a lot (and perhaps Brady.

I believe that we are paying him $1.1M a year, about minimum really. For me, he has produced at that level. He has potential to do better as the season progresses.
AND, he will come into 2018 camp at $1.1M year (not bad at all).

FOR NOW
2018: Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Dorsett (and maybe Amendola).
Dorsett would certainly be given a chance to prove himself.

What about Floyd ? Where's he at now?

IMHO, Floyd is only relevant if we get very bad news regarding Hogan. I suspect that we'd be more likely to take for someone and/or activate Hollister.

I agree with you that many will overreact when little or no moves are likely made. Not sure what people expect.

Last edited:
He’s caught 3 balls on the year in Minnesota (one per game, three times) after serving his 4 game suspension.

He made a nice block here last season, though. I think he even caught an EZ target for a touchdown, too.

Bryant, as in Dez Bryant? I wouldn’t want that freaking underachieving bum on this team, at least not at his current rate. There’s a reason why they passed on him multiple times in the draft.

I agree with you that many will overreact when little or no moves are likely made. Not sure what people expect.

I think he means Martavis Bryant, since he wants out of PIT.

Yeah. He got one t.d. the block was cool. Oh well. I was looking everywhere I could think of for a wide out.

I agree with the other guy. I don't like dez

Oh yeah. You’re right. I forgot that we’re still on that guy. I’ll amend my post.

For some reason, I saw Larry Fitz and then a “Bryant” included, and never associated the low-level talent of Martavius. Lol.

The concern with M Bryant is that he is one toke away from a lifetime ban. His current hissy fit doesn't help either.

I we make a trade, expect us to trade for a Van Noy or a Bryant type. Either a career backup or someone who has underperformed or is a malcontent.

Honestly, I don't think we'll trade for anyone, especially on defense. I think this team is going to be best-improved by building on what we have not introducing more people who have to pick up things as they go along.

Everyone loves a good trade so I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

Yeah. He got one t.d. the block was cool. Oh well. I was looking everywhere I could think of for a wide out.
You’re not the only one who has suggested it, especially since he did have some knowledge of our system last season. Of course, how much he picked up is anyone’s guess.

He’s caught 3 balls on the year in Minnesota (one per game, three times) after serving his 4 game suspension.

He made a nice block here last season, though. I think he even caught an EZ target for a touchdown, too.
:)

Will Brown be close to 100% for the 2nd half? Will Valentine? If not, I could see us picking up a backup DT. We played with 3 this past weekend. That is certainly thin, and only 3 available DT's limits game plans.

I we make a trade, expect us to trade for a Van Noy or a Bryant type. Either a career backup or someone who has underperformed or is a malcontent.

Honestly, I don't think we'll trade for anyone, especially on defense. I think this team is going to be best-improved by building on what we have not introducing more people who have to pick up things as they go along.

Everyone loves a good trade so I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST