PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Coaching Candidates after BB Retires [Update: Bedard believes Monday's outcome could result in "serious question" about Belichick's Future]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you’re referring to their fandom but if so, there’s probably some truth to that. Hopefully they’ll stay on board, but I’m sure there will be a further drop off…unfortunately.
I can't recall who, But someone mentioned about if TB had stayed we'd be in playoff contention. I believe that. The worst we ever did with TB was 10-6 and that was considered a down year.

Reports are Brady grew weary of things, and that he needed a change. He mentioned this to RKK as reported however ultimately Kraft sided with BB.

This Time around I Don't feel he will. I don't think he'll ever outright fire the GOAT coach but I believe he's going to put pressure on him to right his staff and get this straightened out.

They beat up on bad offenses and get shredded by a competent offense. This has been going on for at least 3 years.
I'm not sure about shredded but they're 7th overall. All good offenses make any defense look worse just as bad offenses make them look better. I just don't see a big problem with the defense. The issue is with the offense.

In the unlikely event he gets fired or "mutually parts ways" in the off-season..... does he take the Tampa job?

BB is at the tail end of his career, when he leaves he will be retained by Mr. Kraft as some sort of consultant..
I would like to see Jerrod Mayo become the new HC of the NEP...
Between now and then the O coordinator has to become the O coordinator, often mentioned for a OC position is Caley the TE coach, apparently he is well thought of by many other organizations.

Bills has set himself up to be questioned this year with all of his weird decisions around the offense that are clearly not working out. We have thrown a season under the bus and Kraft isn't getting any younger. Whilst Bill has a tonne of credit in the bank from the dynasty i don't think its endless and this year has used up a lot of it.

I used to think that most options would be worse than Bill as HC but i've hated this year and its been just the most frustrating season as it was so predictable. I'm kind of at the stage now where i'm not sure i can watch this offense for another year. If BB doesn't make changes then he has to go.

BB is at the tail end of his career, when he leaves he will be retained by Mr. Kraft as some sort of consultant..
I would like to see Jerrod Mayo become the new HC of the NEP...
Between now and then the O coordinator has to become the O coordinator, often mentioned for a OC position is Caley the TE coach, apparently he is well thought of by many other organizations.
How have those TEs performed the last few years?

How have those TEs performed the last few years?
i don't understand why so many posters here consider caley as the next OC. What exactly has he shown that qualifies him for that?
We clearly need some outside the organization perspective and influence on our offense.

i don't understand why so many posters here consider caley as the next OC. What exactly has he shown that qualifies him for that?
We clearly need some outside the organization perspective and influence on our offense.
The thinking is b/c BB blocked him from joining Josh in LV the team must have bigger plans for him beyond coaching TEs.

Seems like he didn't want a non-team employee hanging around. Both BB and Tom say in the article that there's no hard feelings and they moved on.
Guess who is back on the Tampa sidelines and riding on the team flights?

I'm pretty sure Belichick thought he was grooming Patricia to be his successor. Think about that one for minute.

Not sure he expected Patricia to be his successor, but this year does really feel that Belichick made moves that were more about setting Patricia and Judge up for the future than what was the best interest for the team.

The ironic thing is this season probably sunk any chance that Patricia or Judge will ever have to get another head coaching job.

I will not be shocked if the Cardinals win Monday night.

Rushing QBs have had success vs the NE defense and every so often Kyler Murray has a game where you need to see the replay a few times before you grasp the incredible play that he just made.

Kraft is making a huge error if these rumors are true.

Not sure he expected Patricia to be his successor, but this year does really feel that Belichick made moves that were more about setting Patricia and Judge up for the future than what was the best interest for the team.

The ironic thing is this season probably sunk any chance that Patricia or Judge will ever have to get another head coaching job.
The best interest for the team was to bench Jones vs the Bills and play Zappe.

We would not be here if Mac Jones wasnt the QB. BOB is not going to fix him. BOB will go ballistic when Jones throws his INTs and takes sacks.

Guess who is back on the Tampa sidelines and riding on the team flights?
Pete Davidson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

We would not be here if Mac Jones wasnt the QB. BOB is not going to fix him. BOB will go ballistic when Jones throws his INTs and takes sacks.
TBH we could be in exactly the same position with either QB. Both have looked great to good against bad defenses and adequate to poor against good ones

Last edited:

Who is BOB?

TBH we could be in exactly the same position with either QB. Both have looked great to good against good defenses and adequate to poor against good ones

Did you read what you wrote before posting that? Makes no sense. There is an Edit button supplied by Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots