PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Coaching Candidates after BB Retires [Update: Bedard believes Monday's outcome could result in "serious question" about Belichick's Future]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best interest for the team was to bench Jones vs the Bills and play Zappe.

We would not be here if Mac Jones wasnt the QB. BOB is not going to fix him. BOB will go ballistic when Jones throws his INTs and takes sacks.

Yes, Zappe would have covered Stefon Diggs far better than Jones. Oh! You mean Mac Jones. You should go into stand up comedy. Zappe would not have done any better with that offensive line and awful play calling.

The news just keeps coming out of Kraft regarding the job that BB is doing. Over the offseason Kraft complained about the Pats drafts, bot enough regular season wins and the early post season exit. Youre not going to make coaching staff changes to BBs team unless that person has done something very wrong.

Phatt Matt & Judge Joey (and others less notable) are indeed very Very Wrong.

Bill Obrien is a hothead and would be Mac Jones worst nightmare.

But I thought Corky would relish being coached harder...?

If BB leaves he would have a new job by the end of day.

And which owner would be Stupid enough to do that?

Not till end of next year . If raiders get some defensive talent they will be great. The DC probably gets fired this season.

Clelin Ferrell & Jerry Tillery leaving will be a good first step.

Oh look, another fire Bill thread.

Belichick isn't getting fired after the Cardinals game, or any other game. He may retire at the conclusion of this season.

@Patsgofor4 is 100% correct. Some of you people don't know **** about football.

And neither does PatsGoFor4.

To paraphrase the REAL Goat: You actually quoting that mother****er?

Last edited:
I'm excited to see the threads pop back up in six or seven years (or longer) when absence makes the hearts of those who believe it's time to move on a little fonder. They'll be talking about a decision the new guy makes - and we lost because of it - that "Belichick would never have made" and talk about "the good old days." :cool:

"Six or seven years"?!?

What the **** are you talking about?

And guess what? The Good Old Days are ALREADY over... As in, like THREE years ago.

You seriously want 6 or 7 more years of this ****ing clown car?

#FireTheBelichicks

#AndTheirIncompetentUnqualifiedSlappiesToo

If BB survives the Cardinals, is it the same threat going into Las Vegas the next week? Then Cincy?

He's not surviving the Cardinals, nor any other team for the rest of the season.

Not sure he expected Patricia to be his successor, but this year does really feel that Belichick made moves that were more about setting Patricia and Judge up for the future than what was the best interest for the team.

The ironic thing is this season probably sunk any chance that Patricia or Judge will ever have to get another head coaching job.
I can't imagine Patricia or Judge would get another chance as a head coach considering how horribly bad they were in their first stints. How could any owner justify hiring either one of them at this point? However I do believe Belichick had considerations for grooming Patricia as his successor but with as badly as things have gone with Patricia as the OC there is NO WAY Kraft would allow Belichick to turn the organization over to Patricia now.

Given the activity in this thread there's seems to be two camps:

One group that wants Bill fired or wants him to at least make changes.

Another group that is freaking out that there's a real possibility Bill leaves. They won't know what to do with themselves.

If BB didn't want Brady gone then why did he let him leave?

Kraft said that if was up to him Brady would stay. BB wanted to replace Brady with Jimmy because BB was siick of Brady's avocado salesmen Guerroro. BB booted his arse of the team plane. BB was sick of Brady peddling TB12 plans in the Pats locker room and having his players question the NE Trainers because their methods didn't jive with TB12.

Was all that just a dream too?

Brady was Right, in every single instance.

...You don’t fire the guy who helped you do that! BB isn’t going anywhere and frankly as much as I ***** about his drafting and the ridiculous trade of Chandler Jones, BB has put a consistent winner on the field.

Kraft will not fire BB because, a.) it’s a bad look b.) he will be hired by another team c.) he already let Brady go, if he fires BB and the Pats revert to the Billy Sullivan days, Kraft will get zero credit for the dynasty.

The guy who helped you do that! is currently the starting QB of the TB Buccaneers.

BB
- TB
____
**** Lebeau

The Patriots couldn’t keep pushing Brady’s contract down the road to the next year once again. Brady made the right decision to move on.

"Six or seven years"?!?

What the **** are you talking about?

And guess what? The Good Old Days are ALREADY over... As in, like THREE years ago.

You seriously want 6 or 7 more years of this ****ing clown car?

#FireTheBelichicks

#AndTheirIncompetentUnqualifiedSlappiesToo
I meant if he's here for 2-3 more seasons, it's going to take a few years after he's gone before people finally begin to look at things a little differently. So that time frame would mean he would either have moved on and would have been gone for 3-5 years.

Hopefully you’re referring to their fandom but if so, there’s probably some truth to that. Hopefully they’ll stay on board, but I’m sure there will be a further drop off…unfortunately.

Don't any y'all worry about me, for example... In the words of the great Mike Singletary, I like this kinda party.
I ain't goin' nowhere...unless me widow informs ye otherwise, that is...

I think Bill is gone this off season unless he hires a real offensive coordinator. As he should be. And if the coaching staff returns as is, Mac should ask to be traded.

I love Bill but this season and the past off season, he has been a bad head coach.
When Bill leaves you should all resign yourselves to 20 years of mediocrity.

Take it for what it is worth. I just thought it was thread-worthy.

I gave Belichick the benefit of the doubt going into the season, but what he did with this coaching staff and how it is affecting the team especially the QB would get 80-90% of the head coaches in this league fired.

“People around this team, including some very good sources of mine who have never steered me wrong, have basically indicated that this Cardinals game on Monday night is among if not the most important game of Belichick’s career post Tom Brady. If the Patriots don’t win this game, then I think there is a serious question about whether Belichick is the future head coach of this team."

Bedard has an agenda.

The stoppable force meets the movable object.

Yep, again... Funny how often we seem to be involved in games like these; and funny or not seem to be on the short end of most of them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back