PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Coaching Candidates after BB Retires [Update: Bedard believes Monday's outcome could result in "serious question" about Belichick's Future]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Jonathan, I would've already begun compiling a list - without Billy's input or even knowledge - of possible HCs based on conversations I've had with people throughout the game whose opinion I've come to respect over the years... That would also include First Dynasty people such as Pioli, Dimitroff, Robinson etc... Then in the end I would allow my new GM - Eliot the Wolf - to make the final decision.
Why do you like Eliot Wolf as the GM?

The difference between the GOAT and the next coach we bring in will most likely be night and day...90% of the teams in this league are horribly coached...you most recently saw it in New Orleans....just horribly coached!!! We have a lot of cap next season, let's finish strong this year and go strong next year!!!!! Are you ready!!!!!!!
LOL, as always, I love your optimism and energy :cool:

Again, I agree that the grass certainly isn't greener, and they'll make - and need to make - moves. But I'm O.K. with people having the discussion as long as they can make the thread somewhat productive by discussing their views on what the future should look like beyond "BB sucks - get rid of him".

Why do you like Eliot Wolf as the GM?
I'm in the same mindset. I think Groh did a good job and definitely showed something, even if people don't love the Strange pick (maybe that was more BB...who knows). But overall, the evaluation and the results are there.

LOL, as always, I love your optimism and energy :cool:

Again, I agree that the grass certainly isn't greener, and they'll make - and need to make - moves. But I'm O.K. with people having the discussion as long as they can make the thread somewhat productive by discussing their views on what the future should look like beyond "BB sucks - get rid of him".
Your our great leader Ian!!!! I want you to be right there riding shot gun with me when the Pats go on a mini run and make the playoffs this year!!!! That will silence the doubters and trolls for a while!!!! I say we start this week!!!!!!!!!!!! I ready for some positivity!!!! Everyone counting us out, not me, not here, not now!!!!!!!!!!

The RB was in the flat.

He had time to throw the ball into the ground. Move to the right away from pressure or drop back deeper to buy time.
That was a second and long. And while you think that, count that time off in real time. It's way shorter than you think.

There wasn't time. That was barely a second into the play. They were on him not much after that at 2:28. I think the fastest QBs in the league completion-wise are at 2:58 or in that range.
The Bills had 9 player within 20 yards of the Line of Scrimmage and the 10 Bills player was just a yard beyond 20 yards.

The Bills played Jones the same way last year because they know that he cant consistently make throws that will hurt them.

Your our great leader Ian!!!! I want you to be right there riding shot gun with me when the Pats go on a mini run and make the playoffs this year!!!! That will silence the doubters and trolls for a while!!!! I say we start this week!!!!!!!!!!!! I ready for some positivity!!!! Everyone counting us out, not me, not here, not now!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, that's definitely a plethora of exclamation points ;)

Again, I love your optimism, but they've got their work cut out for them. They need this one, and they've got to get that one next week in Vegas. I think it's going to take 10-7 to get there, meaning they can only afford one loss, which will likely come in Buffalo. Normally, I'd believe it's possible but the offense obviously remains a key question mark and the sudden run of injuries isn't helping things. Definitely facing an uphill battle, I think. Even though, I'm certainly hopeful they'll pull it off. :cool:

Last edited:
You say that, but seriously, who do you replace him with? I've seen some people like yourself who want him gone, but I've yet to see a succession plan that improves their current situation.

Honestly, until they fix the offensive line, there's no coach who can fix what ails this current group. I understand he deserves some blame for that, but there are additional reasons behind why they are where they are. He took one step forward there by trusting Groh and the analytics back in April, but it's going to take at least another year while they flush out guys who have let them down this season.
But why go with Patricia for both OL and offensive playcalling and have T brown and I Wynn on offense without suitable backup . Isn't that poor planning . when the whole world were questioning the moves , bill was quite smug and content about it. This just casts doubts on whether bill still has it in him to course correct the ship.

Next year we have some decent cap space. What happens if we squander that and also screw up mac's development .

I think that's the worry everyone is having. If we get BOB or even Nick caley as the play caller we can be satisfied that bill understands the problems. If not it looks to be all about satiating bills ego and trying hard to prove everybody wrong . I hope we are proved wrong and bill comes out firing on all cylinders but so far the offense looks like a dumpster truck with the OLine resembling a dead carcass.

bedard been hanging around douche & squeaky for too long, guy has no sources in kraft's circle and that's who makes this decision. he might have some agents or low depth chart players as sources but this would have to come from 1 of the kraft's and only dude that might get that would be mike reiss
Bedard has sources, in Foxboro and elsewhere. But he admits he’s speculating. He’s not the only one, though.

Ultimately, Bill probably comes back and willingly makes changes.

That was a second and long. And while you think that, count that time off in real time. It's way shorter than you think.
All you're trying to do is make more room for the punter.

Get the ball to the RB and maybe he can break a tackle for some yards.

The Bills had 9 player within 20 yards of the Line of Scrimmage and the 10 Bills player was just a yard beyond 20 yards.

The Bills played Jones the same way last year because they know that he cant consistently make throws that will hurt them.
Again, you're looking at the still. The amount of time before they were there (2.28 is when Jones let it go - so they were already almost there before that) was the issue.

You're not thinking about this rationally. He didn't have time to throw it.

The fastest guys in the league need a minimum of 2.43 to get the ball out:

From NextGenStats:

1670702664714.png

Like I suggested moving to right away from pressure buys time.

Dropping deeper does as well.

But why go with Patricia for both OL and offensive playcalling and have T brown and I Wynn on offense without suitable backup . Isn't that poor planning . when the whole world were questioning the moves , bill was quite smug and content about it. This just casts doubts on whether bill still has it in him to course correct the ship.

Next year we have some decent cap space. What happens if we squander that and also screw up mac's development .

I think that's the worry everyone is having. If we get BOB or even Nick caley as the play caller we can be satisfied that bill understands the problems. If not it looks to be all about satiating bills ego and trying hard to prove everybody wrong . I hope we are proved wrong and bill comes out firing on all cylinders but so far the offense looks like a dumpster truck with the OLine resembling a dead carcass.
I still don't understand the switch. Both guys were serviceable last year, but as I mentioned and a couple other analysts pointed out, they had help from Henry and Smith, so I'm wondering if the goal was to free those guys up. Either way, obviously it didn't work out. But I'd be willing to bet Belichick probably didn't expect either Brown nor Wynn to struggle this badly. They needed at least one to play well and neither have.

Last edited:

The tackle was on the ground...? And dropping deeper puts him back in the end zone, which also isn't ideal.
1670702948210.png

Me killing Zappe in a similar situation wouldn't be fair either. These guys are NFL quarterbacks, but as I said, the still only shows part of the story and even the best guys in the league need more time than that.

Here's the expanded list:
1670703382907.png

2.28 definitely wasn't enough :(

LOL, that's definitely a plethora of exclamation points ;)

I love your optimism, but they've got their work cut out for them. They need this one, and they've got to get that one next week in Vegas. I think it's going to take 10-7 to get there, meaning they can only afford one loss, which will likely come in Buffalo. Normally, I'd believe it's possible but the offense obviously remains a key question mark and the sudden run of injuries isn't helping things. Definitely facing an uphill battle, I think. Even though, I'm certainly hopeful they'll pull it off. :cool:
4-1 is huge ask for this team. Cincinnati looks like a loss. And if Buffalo is still playing for something then we know what that looks like.

Again, you're looking at the still. The amount of time before they were there (2.28 is when Jones let it go - so they were already almost there before that) was the issue.

You're not thinking about this rationally. He didn't have time to throw it.

The fastest guys in the league need a minimum of 2.43 to get the ball out:

From NextGenStats:

View attachment 48117
Your numbers are skewed.

They list the "average time" Sometimes the QB will have what seems like all day to throw. That scenario drags down the Time to Throw to higher average numbers.

I'm not sure about shredded but they're 7th overall. All good offenses make any defense look worse just as bad offenses make them look better. I just don't see a big problem with the defense. The issue is with the offense.
I believe Diggs shredded them, JJ shredded them for big gains, it's understandable, we don't have a premium lock down corner, we just have some solid ones. Those guys are elite WRs they shred every defense

Your numbers are skewed.

They list the "average time" Sometimes the QB will have what seems like all day to throw. That scenario drags down the Time to Throw to higher average numbers.
OK, but you can count that time out on your own. If barely a second both of your tackles are on the ground and the one on the right is already in your face and coming to the same direction you think Mac can step into and complete, that's not exactly much time, is it? That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes