PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Coaching Candidates after BB Retires [Update: Bedard believes Monday's outcome could result in "serious question" about Belichick's Future]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best interest for the team was to bench Jones vs the Bills and play Zappe.

We would not be here if Mac Jones wasnt the QB. BOB is not going to fix him. BOB will go ballistic when Jones throws his INTs and takes sacks.
I get the frustration, but at the same time, I don't know how Zappe fares any better when their tackles are playing like this:

1670698738010.png

They're on the ground a little over a second in, and then the quarterback gets buried barely two seconds into the play:
1670698885273.png

I will say for people who have harped on the defense, their issue is less about the defense playing elite offenses and more about the offensive line protecting against better defenses. They need to solidify those tackle spots in the worst way, which makes the Isaiah Wynn situation so frustrating because he was obviously supposed to be one of those guys they were building around. Now they'll essentially have to start again.

The thinking is b/c BB blocked him from joining Josh in LV the team must have bigger plans for him beyond coaching TEs.
You would have thought. Part of me wondered if the idea was for Belichick to let Patricia take the heat while Caley learned on the job. I will say, watching some of those "Sights and Sounds" videos, Caley's been really active with the group on the sideline, which had me encouraged beyond this season. I just hope he's a guy who, if they do potentially go that route, they'll allow him to have input and fix a lot of the issues. Although, the overall belief among a fair amount of people is that he's gone after this season, which certainly won't help things.

I meant if he's here for 2-3 more seasons, it's going to take a few years after he's gone before people finally begin to look at things a little differently. So that time frame would mean he would either have moved on and would have been gone for 3-5 years.

The time frame should start on Tuesday and finish on Black Monday. That's my time frame.

The Patriots couldn’t keep pushing Brady’s contract down the road to the next year once again. Brady made the right decision to move on.
Agree. But belichick decisions especially this season have really cast stones of doubt of whether belichick success were more a factor of Brady influencing it as opposed to both contributing . Brady with a loaded roster and minimal coaching was able to win a Superbowl in the very first year and is still showing no signs of slowing down and thriving despite coaching whilst we are losing despite some decent talent and main root cause being lackadaisical coaching.

This was a year to build foundation which was squandered by poor planning and coaching.

Most coaches are allowed a year or two of poor performances but get powers clipped.so I wouldn't be surprised if Kraft gets more say in staff hiring and way operations are run

The time frame should start on Tuesday and finish on Black Monday. That's my time frame.
You say that, but seriously, who do you replace him with? I've seen some people like yourself who want him gone, but I've yet to see a succession plan that improves their current situation.

Honestly, until they fix the offensive line, there's no coach who can fix what ails this current group. I understand he deserves some blame for that, but there are additional reasons behind why they are where they are. He took one step forward there by trusting Groh and the analytics back in April, but it's going to take at least another year while they flush out guys who have let them down this season.

Last edited:
You say that, but who do you replace him with? I've seen some people like yourself who want him gone, but I've yet to see a succession plan that improves their current situation.

Honestly, until they fix the offensive line, there's no coach who can fix what ails this current group. I understand he deserves some blame for that, but there are reasons behind why they are where they are. He took one step forward there by trusting Groh and the analytics back in April, but it's going to take at least another year while they flush out guys who have let them down this season.

If I were Jonathan, I would've already begun compiling a list - without Billy's input or even knowledge - of possible HCs based on conversations I've had with people throughout the game whose opinion I've come to respect over the years... That would also include First Dynasty people such as Pioli, Dimitroff, Robinson etc... Then in the end I would allow my new GM - Eliot the Wolf - to make the final decision.

I get the frustration, but at the same time, I don't know how Zappe fares any better when their tackles are playing like this:

View attachment 48115

They're on the ground a little over a second in, and then the quarterback gets buried barely two seconds into the play:
View attachment 48116

I will say for people who have harped on the defense, their issue is less about the defense playing elite offenses and more about the offensive line protecting against better defenses. They need to solidify those tackle spots in the worst way, which makes the Isaiah Wynn situation so frustrating because he was obviously supposed to be one of those guys they were building around. Now they'll essentially have to start again.
2 NE players were open for short gains to buy breathing room.

Nobody expects Jones to create anything from this field position. All you're looking for is room for the Punter. Not Intentional Grounding or a Safety.

bedard been hanging around douche & squeaky for too long, guy has no sources in kraft's circle and that's who makes this decision. he might have some agents or low depth chart players as sources but this would have to come from 1 of the kraft's and only dude that might get that would be mike reiss

TBH we could be in exactly the same position with either QB. Both have looked great to good against good defenses and adequate to poor against good ones
At least try every option available.

2 NE players were open for short gains to buy breathing room.

Nobody expects Jones to create anything from this field position. All you're looking for is room for the Punter. Not Intentional Grounding or a Safety.
There wasn't time. That was barely a second into the play. They were on him not much after that at 2:28. I think the fastest QBs in the league completion-wise are at 2:58 or in that range.

That doesn't say much for the condition you think Belichick will leave the team in.
The difference between the GOAT and the next coach we bring in will most likely be night and day...90% of the teams in this league are horribly coached...you most recently saw it in New Orleans....just horribly coached!!! We have a lot of cap next season, let's finish strong this year and go strong next year!!!!! Are you ready!!!!!!!

There wasn't time. That was barely a second into the play. They were on him not much after that at 2:28. I think the fastest QBs in the league completion-wise are at 2:58 or in that range.
Yeah, we could have had TB, Marino, Manning etc. with that protection, no qb can succeed. We must address this O-line going forward and next season must be the top priority.....I'm ready Ian!!!!!!!!!!

There wasn't time. That was less than a second into the play.
The RB was in the flat.

He had time to throw the ball into the ground. Move to the right away from pressure or drop back deeper to buy time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back