PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Week 7 Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the two turnovers we gifted the Steelers it was a nice solid win that was never really in danger. Even if the chicken littles were in full force for some time today..

Fortunately the game was televised today so I could stay out of the game thread.

Last edited:
2 game lead...going to buff next weekend..lets goooo

The pass blocking was not great - but Blount had over 100 yards - so that is some progress vs last year.

Yup. Great run blocking but underwhelming pass blocking. Zero sum game.

I thought the Defensive game plan was brilliant. The patriots were confident that they would score points against Pittsburgh's defense, so they played conservatively on defense knowing that the most they would give up was 15 to 20 points that way. If they played aggressively, and Pittsburghs line was up to the task, it was conceivable that Jones could've put up huge numbers and scored a lot of points. I think it worked out exactly like they thought it would.

I haven't done the math, but will the Pats be #1 in points allowed after today?

Not sure, but in the last 5 games they've given up 12.5 ppg. That has to be up there.

Patriots can't get consistent pressure while rushing only 3 guys. Worst defense in the history of the NFL!

It's hilarious man.

Pats only allow 5 of 16 3rd down conversions (31% which is damn good) and ****tsburgh was 1-4 in the red zone and they only allowed 16 points but let's complain about the pass rush when they were dropping 8 most of the game.

The big bad Vikings defense that all the usual doom and gloomers were saying how they wish Pats D played like, goes on the road after a bye week and ****s the bed and allows 21 points

I am happy with the W this week but we need to get our stuff together, our D-Line must improve, got a lot of talent but the players are just not executing them, some missed tackles, Logan Ryan continues to struggle.

On a positive end Gronk is a beast, blocks and catches, plus club record most TDs, this guy is gonna be a first class HoF. Bennett didn't do much on the passing game, but he did a good job on run blocking, this is good since we needed the extra protection today.

We have to eliminate drive killing penalties on offense, got to improve on this area.

I doubt we will get a decent pass rusher during the trade deadline, we will need to invest on a good pass rusher in the first round, we definitely need one, and of course an athletic center for our offense because I have little faith in Andrews since Stork is no longer here.

Can make it essentially a 4 game lead with a win next week. This team is nowhere near its peak yet - I like that.

Yeah that's the good part. I don't think the team has been playing as well as it could be, and we are still winning games fairly easily. If we can finally hit our peak...there isn't a team in the NFL that can stop us.

Survived another game day thread. Trying to kill them with kindness and positivity. Hopefully it will spread like the plaque with more healthy results.

16 points is a good day. They've made other teams look a lot worse. Complain all you want about the pass rush, call it terrible, non playoff caliber etc. It got the job done again for the 6th time.

I know a lot will be made of Roethlisberger not being in the lineup but to be honest, I almost hoped he was. "Almost." He hasn't shown BB and the Patriots much over his career and I'm not about to start believing he would of made a difference today. I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for the Steelers and their fans. Deal with it, we dealt without the goat unjustly for 4 games and still came out 3-1. Patriots chose to spend 2nd and 3rd round picks as a contingency.

Offense looked superb today if you take away the drops. Which you can't, so overall they looked good. Starting to question who can stop this offense. Only answer I can come up with is the Patriots own mistakes. Don't let the final score fool you, this game could of easily been 39-13.

The kicker is becoming a problem. Love to be the cheerleader but not anymore. I don't trust the guy to make 30 yard field goals anymore, hell, I hold my breath when the ball is snapped for extra points. Sorry, he is one of the, if not thee highest paid kicker in football. Kick like you deserve it. Too bad Gould was just signed, I'd **** can his ass today before he really costs them an important game. Sorry, but when it all comes down to it he is playing like just another kicker wasting valuable cap space. Get your mojo back, kicker.

Anyway, off to Buffalo to hopefully avenge the loss. Feel confident they are going to get it done and put some space between them and the rest of the division.

Go Pats.

It's hilarious man.

Pats only allow 5 of 16 3rd down conversions (31% which is damn good) and ****tsburgh was 1-4 in the red zone and they only allowed 16 points but let's complain about the pass rush when they were dropping 8 most of the game.

The big bad Vikings defense that all the usual doom and gloomers were saying how they wish Pats D played like, goes on the road after a bye week and ****s the bed and allows 21 points

But stats ! Chandler Jones ! SAAAAAACKS !

I thought the Defensive game plan was brilliant. The patriots were confident that they would score points against Pittsburgh's defense, so they played conservatively on defense knowing that the most they would give up was 15 to 20 points that way. If they played aggressively, and Pittsburghs line was up to the task, it was conceivable that Jones could've put up huge numbers and scored a lot of points. I think it worked out exactly like they thought it would.

That maybe so, but when its third and long we have no pass rush... The QB can have a sandwich back there then take a dump.. and then throw the ball for a completion.

3rd and long we will get burned by better QB's if we cant get to them.

And even when we did send 6 guys we got blocked.

Was B
An 11-point win on the road, despite 2 turnovers and an uncharacteristically dismal special teams performance? I'll take it. They're not all going to be pretty, and the main thing is a W with (IIRC) no injuries.
Was Bennett hurt?

It's hilarious man.

They're allowed to have a bad game. Don't even compare the vikings defense to our defense. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back