PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Week 7 Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
defenses are just rushing 4 and forcing us to beat them deep. we were able to with gronk but nothing else, passing wise.

blount was terrific!! :cool: love that guy!

My bold predictions...

1. Patriots don't lose a game for the rest of the year.

2. Sexy Rexy keeps his head coach job for one more season

Very bold from you. Division games are still tough and have seattle and the donkeys left on the schedule.

An 11-point win on the road, despite 2 turnovers and an uncharacteristically dismal special teams performance? I'll take it. They're not all going to be pretty, and the main thing is a W with (IIRC) no injuries.

BLOUNT had a great game, D held Pitt to 1 TD. There were many mistakes but even with all of them the game was never really in doubt.

Defenses are just rushing 4 and forcing us to beat them deep. we were able to with gronk but nothing else, passing wise.

It's the line. The middle can't hold up to allow for deep developing passes. Andrews is overmatched every game and Mason isn't a lot better (on the deep throws in pass pro). The reason Bennett wasn't involved as much in the passing game, he was left in so they could double team more in the middle of the line.

A day with a lot of luck for Pats .. in the game and around (the league).

@ Game - A win. That's all. I don't want to watch it again but Pats should.

Grateful for no injuries. Too much work for Branch and Brown again. Glad to see they made it through. Kudos to them.

The Buffalo game all depends on McCoy (hamstring) and tackling. They had a epically bad tackling game in the home tilt and McCoy was simple untouchable.

Prediction: this could set a record for most doom and gloom on this board along with sports radio following an 11 point win on the road against a top 4 conference opponent

This is today summed up for me.

CvfYH1wUkAEcUer.jpg

The pass blocking was not great - but Blount had over 100 yards - so that is some progress vs last year.

Wow that was close!

I was checking the Rats messageboards to see their reactions and I didn't notice my IQ dropping precipitously.

Fortunately I noticed, just north of moron, and was able to click on the link here.

Last edited:
Plus Mitchell hasn't shown enough
Same as Amendola, Bennett and Hogan today. Weird offense. All Blount and Edelman really, with a few Brady rushes.

I haven't done the math, but will the Pats be #1 in points allowed after today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes