PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Super Bowl Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
they allowed over 5 yards/carry

Hence why i said outside of one run we didnt run the ball consistenly great, but the game plan was to throw which was good. We ran the ball 22 times and probably about half of those didnt gain more than 3 yards

It still doesn’t explain why butler just sat on the bench when the defense kept getting torched. All Brady needed was 1-2 stops on 3rd down and the pats win.
So?

Hence why i said outside of one run we didnt run the ball consistenly great, but the game plan was to throw which was good. We ran the ball 22 times and probably about half of those didnt gain more than 3 yards
7 of 22 attempts were 3 yards or less

So you’re not the least bit curious why Butler stayed on the bench and that BB needs to explain this?
Curious? Sure. Entitled to an explanation? Of course not.

7 of 22 attempts were 3 yards or less

What abiut the Eagles? How many did they have that went for 3 or less. Wouldnt be suprised if it was around the same number but they also busted 3 or 4 runs of over 20

Curious? Sure. Entitled to an explanation? Of course not.

So if Brady were benched, you’d be ok with Bill’s company line “I make decisions that are best for the team”? Again, we are talking about the second best corner on the team, not a scrub.

So if Brady were benched, you’d be ok with Bill’s company line “I make decisions that are best for the team”? Again, we are talking about the second best corner on the team, not a scrub.
It doesn’t matter if I’m ok with it or not. That’s the point. Bill Belichick is accountable to explain his coaching decisions to me.
I’m not sure how you fail to understand this.

Ultimately what B.B. says is correct. He made he decision he felt gave his team the best chance to win. Do you dispute that?
Are you asking for Belichick to be required to explain all of his decisions to the fans?
Should we email in our questions?

It doesn’t matter if I’m ok with it or not. That’s the point. Bill Belichick is accountable to explain his coaching decisions to me.
I’m not sure how you fail to understand this.

Ultimately what B.B. says is correct. He made he decision he felt gave his team the best chance to win. Do you dispute that?
Are you asking for Belichick to be required to explain all of his decisions to the fans?
Should we email in our questions?

Look, he is the head coach and he gets to make the best decision for the team. But he owes the fans, who rabidly support this team, SOMETHING. It could be simply something as “we felt Malcolm didn’t match up with their receivers.” I’d be ok with that. Simply saying it was a coaches decision is not good enough. Do we as fans deserve this?

Look, he is the head coach and he gets to make the best decision for the team. But he owes the fans, who rabidly support this team, SOMETHING. It could be simply as “we felt Malcolm didn’t match up with their receivers.” I’d be ok with that. Simply saying it was a coaches decision is not good enough.
Again he owes you nothing. He said it was what was best for the team, Marty p ssudvit was because of matchups.

I just can’t fathom why you would think any coach much less B.B. is going to publicly explain why a player is not playing to satisfy your curiosity.

Belichick has ALWAYS answered that question in the manner he did because he does not believe it’s right to say things about pkayers publicly. He isn’t going to change that because this time you think he should.

Less drama from this team and more winning would be fcking great.

I'm dissapointed too, but there has been no team that has given its fans more winning lately than this one...

The greatest dynasty of American team sports in the modern (salary-capped) era doesn't win enough for you?

Cry us all a river.

Rewatch the game.

Darby drops an INT before the fumble. When NE gets the ball back with seconds left, Bradys first throw is low and away from an open Hogan. Brady got the 1st to Dola on 4th down, but NE lost valuable time on the 3 extra downs to move the same distance.

58% completion rate is not Brady on his game.

Lay off the drugs

Given how badly off you were with your analysis and speculation about the Patriots defense and this game, you probably shouldn't be speculating about anything for a day or two, and you damn sure shouldn't be criticizing the speculations of others for at least that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back