PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Super Bowl Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read the thread, first post since well before the game began.

now that was a FOOTBALL game. Just on the wrong side of the win this time. Feel bad for the guys and will have to read about the Butler situation as he easily could have helped this team. Not going to be interested in dissecting the few plays that could have changed the game or any of the refs calls in the game. They called a SB game and seemed to be fairly consistent.

Not sure I get all the legal play on the Cooks hit, unless they are saying the guy made contact first with his shoulder and .005 seconds later helmet to helmet. Cooks would have helped.

Close game and ultimately the Eagles made the extra play that made the difference. If the league likes SB drama, then the Patriots are a treasure trove of good viewing.

Lots of things could have made a difference and we played well, just not well enough on this day. Sure Eagles fans are ecstatic and I'll have to make the rounds (at work) and congratulate them.

Stay the course and let the media speculative drama ensue.

People with no routing interest relish when the Patriots lose. It makes me sick. This organization has been a model of professionalism. All our fan base wants is greatness and they just ignortly run our noses in everything. Dumb ignorant losers. Congratulations to Philly, they played amazing on offense and they earned it.

another cold start cost the game
1st 4 possessions
FG
missed FG
downs
FG

Read something about the D which was not surprising. Pats were 29th in total yards allow, 31 yards per play and was 30th in pass ranked D.

Yes I know it's not about yards but points but it was only a matter of time that giving up all those yards was going to cost them. Unfortunately it was yesterday when it did.

Individual games rarely go by the script. All week we heard:

Pats have decisive edge in special teams - yet Pats botched a FG, missed an XP and lost the field position battle on kick offs.

Eagles had the blueprint. Their DL would be able to stop Brady like the Giants - never happened (will not stop the blueprint narrative though the next time the Pats are in a similar match up) Eagles "great" defense gave up over 600 yards of offense.

Nick Foles will come unglued - nope

Pats get all the calls - while I overall thought the refs had a good game there were still a few questionable calls that if they went the Pats way may have changed the outcome -not sure how they called the Clement TD a catch when it was clear that the call moved
-Blatant pick on huge 4th down conversion on Ertz reception (would have forced a punt)
-Pats did catch a break on Van Noy 2 point conversion breakup as that should have been PI

The unpredictability is part of what makes football so exciting and frustrating when it does not go your way.

Not sure I get all the legal play on the Cooks hit, unless they are saying the guy made contact first with his shoulder and .005 seconds later helmet to helmet. Cooks would have helped.
At the time of contact, he was a runner. They rarely if ever call helmet to helmet in that situation.

I am still madder than a hornet in an empty coke can. That D was horrid and should be made to walk home. Butler not playing is unacceptable no matter what he did.

Yeah, they played all night like they were in a daze. I have to put some of that on the coaching and the game prep. And, where was Butler?

Go watch the Chiefs games and early against Jax. You will see the same confusion there. Pats don’t have the personnel to deal with a team that can spread them out AND run with power AND playcall aggressively.

I feel butler would have made a difference last night. 10 for 16 on 3rd downs? They did nothing to try and disrupt nick foles.

to tell you the truth, I was more shocked on how badly the Eagles defense played. How many times did Brady chuck it down field and the WR was wide open..I mean no one close. All the hype and they gave up over 600 yards. Yes, they made 1 play when they had to..but they were pathetic most of the game....Pats defense was just a bit more pathetic.

another cold start cost the game
1st 4 possessions
FG
missed FG
downs
FG

Calling for that Cooks sweep on 3rd down was stupid.

Same with the pass to Brady again on a critical 3rd down play.

You try those plays on 1st or 2nd down. On critical downs you give the ball to the best player and let him work.

to tell you the truth, I was more shocked on how badly the Eagles defense played. How many times did Brady chuck it down field and the WR was wide open..I mean no one close. All the hype and they gave up over 600 yards. Yes, they made 1 play when they had to..but they were pathetic most of the game....Pats defense was just a bit more pathetic.

So who got beat on that strip sack?

Man, I didn’t get much sleep. I just can’t believe it:

• Have your $65 million dollar CB that’s played like an All-Pro for 2 months shadow the opposing team’s WR1 from the first snap. You know, what you’ve done with Talib, Revis & Butler at times since you installed a more man coverage based defense in 2012 BB.
  • Play Malcolm Butler, allowing Chung to cover Ertz instead of Agholor.

Those two things happen & we have ring #6. Basic stuff 4th grade Patriots fans would do.

Getting over this one will be tough.

At the time of contact, he was a runner. They rarely if ever call helmet to helmet in that situation.
They never get the call because it isn’t a penalty. Helmet to helmet is only a penalty on a defenseless player.

Man i feel like a pile of horse **** today. so disapointed. 4th and 1 was the killer. most coaches punt in that situation. go bruins go celtics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes