PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Super Bowl Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel butler would have made a difference last night. 10 for 16 on 3rd downs? They did nothing to try and disrupt nick foles.

Belichick is stupidly stubborn sometimes. You break a team rule and he just punishes you (and the whole fan base). BB needs to answer for what he did. None of this “I make the decisions that are best for the team” stuff.

Belichick is stupidly stubborn sometimes. You break a team rule and he just punishes you (and the whole fan base). BB needs to answer for what he did. None of this “I make the decisions that are best for the team” stuff.

Ha! Good luck with that. The last sentence is pretty much the answer we’re going to get.

Jordan Richards and Chung covering a slot receiver.

Enough said.

to tell you the truth, I was more shocked on how badly the Eagles defense played. How many times did Brady chuck it down field and the WR was wide open..I mean no one close. All the hype and they gave up over 600 yards. Yes, they made 1 play when they had to..but they were pathetic most of the game....Pats defense was just a bit more pathetic.

Not surprised. People overhyped their Dline and their secondary is average.

another cold start cost the game
1st 4 possessions
FG
missed FG
downs
FG

The team shouldn't need to put up 52 points to win. a slow start had nothing to do with it, the defense giving up 40+ did.

another cold start cost the game
1st 4 possessions
FG
missed FG
downs
FG
First Patriot possession was an omen. After the Eagles were held to the FG the Patriots marched right down the field but they sputtered and had to settle for 3.
Before the game I posted my thoughts that the Patriots offense had to control not only the scoreboard but time of possession because that Patriot defense is pretty average. To fall behind and have to come back again and again was playing with fire.
Time of possession Eagles 34:04 Patriots 25:56
The strength of the team, the offense, was never in control of that game and much of the damage was self inflicted in the 1st half.

After the throw to Brady I immediately thought of this
Why couldn’t it work

spotting teams leads is a nasty habit
Agreed!! How different is Nick Foles if the Patriots offense keeps putting pressure on him to bring his team back time and time again to answer their scoring? Because the Patriots O is slow to get their act together it allows the other team to gain confidence in what they are doing and it exposes the Patriot defense because they are left out on the field. If the Patriots offense came out on fire in the 1st half we're looking at a very very different outcome in this game. As I posted yesterday, sooner or later pendulums will swing back the other way. You simply can't keep falling behind and think you're always going to come back time after time.

spotting teams leads is a nasty habit
Agreed!! How different is Nick Foles if the Patriots offense keeps putting pressure on him to bring his team back time and time again to answer their scoring? Because the Patriots O is slow to get their act together it allows the other team to gain confidence in what they are doing and it exposes the Patriot defense because they are left out on the field. If the Patriots offense came out on fire in the 1st half we're looking at a very very different outcome in this game. As I posted yesterday, sooner or later pendulums will swing back the other way. You simply can't keep falling behind and think you're always going to come back time after time.

Rewatch the game.

Darby drops an INT before the fumble. When NE gets the ball back with seconds left, Bradys first throw is low and away from an open Hogan. Brady got the 1st to Dola on 4th down, but NE lost valuable time on the 3 extra downs to move the same distance.

58% completion rate is not Brady on his game.
His career average is 64%, which would include a lot of games under 60%. 58% Completion with 505 yards and a 115.4 QB rating against a tough defense did not lose this game for the Pats. A lot of Brady's passes are "low and away", some of which he misses but few of which can be intercepted. And if we invent a new stat line "Dropped INTs," every QB will look different...they're as much part of the game as fumbles that bounce into your own teams' hands rather than the D.

The game came down to the Eagles making a play and the Patriots' inability to overcome an inexplicable failure by its D to show up.

Last edited:
Ha! Good luck with that. The last sentence is pretty much the answer we’re going to get.

The decision is so mind boggling he needs to give us an explanation. I mean if he benches Brady and says he did it because it was best for the team, do we just accept it? Of course not. Butler is not a JAG.

Belichick doesn’t have to answer to anyone and have you considered that the reason he won’t explain is to protect butler? What kind of a coach makes internal issues or discipline public?

It’s a funny thing about having standards and high expectations.
They are what all you to you to the point where people like you act like having them is stupid.
Without standards the team is never in the SB.

Belichick doesn’t have to answer to anyone and have you considered that the reason he won’t explain is to protect butler? What kind of a coach makes internal issues or discipline public?

It’s a funny thing about having standards and high expectations.
They are what all you to you to the point where people like you act like having them is stupid.
Without standards the team is never in the SB.

I’m sorry, as fans we are entitled to some sort of an explanation. This is not him benching a special teamer. We are talking about the 2nd best corner on your team. All he has to say is that it was for disciplinary reasons, and if it was for football reasons, explain why he thought butler wouldn’t have helped. Other coaches do this - they have more respect for the fans in this sense.

Not surprised. People overhyped their Dline and their secondary is average.
That overhyped DLine was pretty good agianat the run. Outside of one run we did not do anything great on the ground.

They also hit Brady 9 times. They got pressure

We all knew they would struggle to cover. But I thought the Eagles front played well

Agholor had 3 catches 38 yards on the Eagles go ahead drive. According to the game log the tacklers were Chung, McCourty, and Harmon.
So, safetys on a slot receiver?...You would think Butler would have done better....

That overhyped DLine was pretty good agianat the run. Outside of one run we did not do anything great on the ground.

They also hit Brady 9 times. They got pressure

We all knew they would struggle to cover. But I thought the Eagles front played well
they allowed over 5 yards/carry

I’m sorry, as fans we are entitled to some sort of an explanation. This is not him benching a special teamer. We are talking about the 2nd best corner on your team. All he has to say is that it was for disciplinary reasons, and if it was for football reasons, explain why he thought butler wouldn’t have helped. Other coaches do this - they have more respect for the fans in this sense.
That is your opinion of what you are entitled to. B.B. disagrees. He stated it was not disciplinary. He will never, ever break down the reasons he plays one player and doesn’t play another. He felt Rowe was a better matchup.
My inclination is that he decided to play Rowe, and butler knowing the game plan called for only 2 corners probably flipped out and that led from being the backup to being left out.
But fans don’t pay belichicks salary so he has no obligation to tell you why he made a decision just because you want to turn around and criticize it.

That is your opinion of what you are entitled to. B.B. disagrees. He stated it was not disciplinary. He will never, ever break down the reasons he plays one player and doesn’t play another. He felt Rowe was a better matchup.
My inclination is that he decided to play Rowe, and butler knowing the game plan called for only 2 corners probably flipped out and that led from being the backup to being left out.
But fans don’t pay belichicks salary so he has no obligation to tell you why he made a decision just because you want to turn around and criticize it.

It still doesn’t explain why butler just sat on the bench when the defense kept getting torched. All Brady needed was 1-2 stops on 3rd down and the pats win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes