PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats vs Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little angry, quite sleepy & not quite sober- so goodnight to everyone- enjoyed sharing the game with you all- I feel like it’s theraputic to hash it out on here after it’s over. Thanks for being my fellow Patriot fans.
On to Detroit, Let’s ****ing Go!

I can look this up. But, I don’t understand how we never have any money to spend.

Brady is way underpaid. Gronk is underpaid.

Sure we pay DMac.

But, how do the Rams do it? And, they were trying to go after Mack?! How’s thst possible?

We pay our RB and WRs low. I guess DT got decent money. Idk.

I would like to see how the game would have went if Rowe never played in it all. It is clear that he is our weak link in the secondary. He has zero shot on crossers and gives up serious separation on horizontal double moves that force him to open up his hips. I can't fault him for the circus catches but it does seem to only happen to him.

I was/am excited to see Sony, but this was not the game to feature him especially when we are in a hole.

The two plays that annoyed me the most was when Patterson fell down untouched and when we punted on 4th and inches. I almost felt like the td they immediately scored after the punt was justified for us being cowards.

Rams.

Talib. Peters. Donald. Suh.

I’d take one. Probably not Suh.

Gurley. Cooks.

This game did not have the usual effect that a loss does. Not sure why. I hope my passion for the game is not waning.

I can look this up. But, I don’t understand how we never have any money to spend.

Brady is way underpaid. Gronk is underpaid.

Sure we pay DMac.

But, how do the Rams do it? And, they were trying to go after Mack?! How’s thst possible?

We pay our RB and WRs low. I guess DT got decent money. Idk.
Go add up the cap hits for Goff, Gurley, Cooks, and Donald in 2018, then again for their cap hits in 2020. That how they afford them in 2018. It’s by having the big cap hits not in 2018.

This game did not have the usual effect that a loss does. Not sure why. I hope my passion for the game is not waning.

I don’t share in this sentiment. I was pissed throughout. Mainly because all the weaknesses i was worried about reared their ugly head.

Well is he an all time great or not? You can't have it bot ways. Sorry but misses like on Dorsett being two steps ahead are what need to.be executed in this situation.

I feel like people are more concerned and defensive about Bradys legacy than about being objective.

Those shots down field have never been the ones Brady was good at. Particularly along the sidelines. Give Brady a deep seam route and it's there all day..

The offensive play calling was an issue today. I blame McDaniels and Brady for it. 3 straight runs to Michel up the gut was just silly.

Not going for it on 4th and inches when Brady is the king of those sneaks is silly. Hell, they could have done a fake where the ball went back to the HB with Brady doing his dive and let the HB go wide.

Brady missed several wide open guys.

CP is a gadget player, this really shouldn't be news week 2. That said he's as physical as it gets from a wrs pov so let's see him run slants to get him running w a full head of steam & maybe some comebacks to see if he break a tackle.

Anyone getting down on Sony is an GDT all star. Showed some nice power on a run up the middle & had, what 10 touches, in his first game, against Jax. Very optimistic about him if he's healthy. Esp w Jules who was missed dearly.

Plenty of games left.

Hi BGC, thanks for your posts - I enjoy reading what you write.

I agree Sony looked the part. Not his best game but his athleticism looks very encouraging to me.

Not sure I agree on CP. The sweep play seems to include a fake, a run and a pass option. CP looks athletic but does not seem to understand how to execute all 3 options for that one play. So now we are going to increase his workload? Maybe Coleman would be a better option?

Going to be interesting to see if Rowe has a bounce back game next week. He was really good during the pre season and I think it's evident that McCourty isn't the answer.

Rowe didn't seem to be "really good" during the pre-season. He seemed to be his mediocre self. I thought he was mediocre last week and this week they benched him at one point.

Now that I’ve processed the game a little-
2 things that keep gnawing at my brain..
* Why did we not go for it on 4th & inches, with the game still in reach?
*Why didn’t we onside kick, with the 15 yard penalty going to be added on?
I trust BB, but these made me so angry- just try,right? It felt like we quit & I found this enraging.

We didn't onside kick it because the league changed the rules where the kicking team must have an equal number of players on both sides of the kicker. Personally, I'd like to have see Gostkowski linedrive one at one of the up front players because it's more likely to bounce off the guy than it is for him to be able to field it..

Another game ending strip sack...o_O Yucks... :confused:

It was 24-13. 2 score game with plenty of time left. Going for it inside their own 20 is a high risk, low reward move.
Brady's success rate at those short yardage plunges is what again?

Brady sucked. The OL sucked. Hogan and Gronk were MIA.

The defense was bad but at least produced 2 turnovers. If you can't win against Jacksonville when you are up two turnovers then you don't deserve to win.

Hope there is enough tape to learn and move on.

Brady most certainly did not suck. Give most quarterbacks those weapons against that defense facing that pressure and you get a multiple interception game and complete ineptitude moving the ball. Brady executed a crappy game plan pretty well. I cannot believe they didn’t go into a no huddle in the fourth quarter, since that’s their best shot against Jacksonville and having bad matchups all over the place.

I had a feeling coming into the season that, due to stricter safety rules and a relaxed catch rule, passing offenses were going to be on fire. Certainly seems that way: through (the microscopic sample size of) two games, Brady's 104 passer rating is 9th, and hitting better than 2/3 of his passes is good enough for only 11th. 255 yds/gm ranks 18th. (And a dreadful 6.9 yds/att lands outside the top 20, though one would expect this improves with the return of Edelman.)

The silver lining is it seems everybody is having a hard time handling passing offenses: even after today, Pats are still a middle-of-the-pack 15th in def passer rating.

My fantasy is that we take advantage by loading up - I don't know, Gordon and/or Britt or Kerley or Dez or whomever shakes loose in a month when Detroit / Oakland / Arizona start waving the white flag -- and just airing the eff out of the ball, lol.

How about the Encroachment penalty that wasn’t called as “Romo “ called cause the ref couldn’t get It out of his wasteband

Because it's not encroachment. For it to be encroachment, the defensive player has to touch the offensive player. It should have been called as a Neutral Zone Infraction with an automatic first down.

Exactly. Not worth it there at that time

They could have picked it up on a QB sneak, and giving the ball back to an offense that is eviscerating your defense is just conceding the game.

I was initially p*ssed, but when they showed the slow replay, his knee was down before.
Not from the angle they showed you couldn't tell. The only way I was able to tell was because of the pellets that popped up from the turf after the fact..

Three defensive thoughts come to mind:

• Hightower is a growing concern. You wonder if all the injuries have taken a hit to his athleticism. That would be a problem.
  • Considering how good J.C. Jackson was in camp & the preseason, how many opportunities will Rowe/J. McCourty get at CB.
  • I’m lost at the EDGE rusher snap counts. Grissom over Rivers as well as K. Davis playing so much the first two weeks. Wonder what the season long plan is there.

Davis playing has been a headscratcher to me. I didn't think he played all that well in Pre-season. He was responsible for 2 of the long running plays against the Pats D last week. And I felt he played poorly this week.

Hopefully, we'll see Rivers next week and Davis figuring out how to actually hold an edge on a run play before we see him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back