PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
corollary...

If you were told Friday that NE would commit 14 penalties for 106 yards, what would you have said NE's chances of winning the game were?

This loss is a direct result of last weeks game where a heartbreaking loss
resulted from a mind boggling head coaching decision. Right now, I wouldn't 'bet the house that the Patriots will beat either Buffalo or New York provided their QBs play half decent.

If Edelman doesn’t drop those passes, if Gordon doesn’t drop that pass..if Trent Brown doesn’t hold, if everyone doesn’t freaking false start, we’re probably not having this Brady decline talk. But since we are- His decision making has been off this year- definitely more “wtf was that” moments than he’s ever given us before. I wouldn’t say it’s a physical decline- many of his passes are still absolute dimes, but it’s not the level of excellence we’re used to. I don’t have an explanation for it, but that’s what I’m seeing. Obviously, the Offense as a whole needs to play better, because we can’t depend on Brady to bail everyone out anymore. Recievers have to hang on to the ball, blockers have to block, can’t have idiotic penalties.
On the other hand- Colts shut out the Cowboys today, and Cowboys beat the Saints just a game or two ago. Any given freaking Sunday.

I'm 100% on board with any given Sunday and I think anyone saying they can't win the Super Bowl is wrong, but boy that bye would sure be nice. Go Eagles and Jaguars! (This is assuming they don't lose to the Jets and Bills and the Dolphons don't sneak in.)

To those of you blaming the defense, I'd love to hear an honest answer to the following question:
"If you were told Friday that NE would hold PIT to 17 points, what would you have said NE's chances of winning the game were?"
Each game is different. Plenty of drops and offensive penalties plus the Pats line was gashed like I've ever seen. Brady ended up trying to do it alone. He's human. If Brady played as well as our DDTs did he would have gained no first downs and threw 10 interceptions.

The RZ penalties were bs. Anytime, we have a hold on offense, the drive is over. Brady isn't good on third and long anymore. Plus josh.doesnt give us a chance. Thank God the last two are at home.

To those of you blaming the defense, I'd love to hear an honest answer to the following question:
"If you were told Friday that NE would hold PIT to 17 points, what would you have said NE's chances of winning the game were?"
Idk, but NE drops 20 last year with their unit. This season? They didn't have the toughness.

Brady said in his press conference that on the INT he was trying to throw it away "but couldn't get enough on it".

Brady said in his press conference that on the INT he was trying to throw it away "but couldn't get enough on it".
He was getting hit (or at least someone was in his face). That is exactly what happened. The ball did not reach the OOB

Jules is a shell of his former self. Not the same clutch player he was 2 years ago

I wouldn't say he's a shell... His averages are spot on terms of what you would expect. His miscues have been very untimely, though.

I might add- in defense of the defense... on a couple of the long runs allowed, there was some major holding by the Steelers Offense that went uncalled- the rb is probably going to get 11 yards if your O line is holding defenders by the neck...
The defense played very well today, and the 2nd Pitt TD was a bit of a referee gift.

mental errors piling up last week and this week. wtf is going on with our Pats?

The RZ penalties were bs. Anytime, we have a hold on offense, the drive is over. Brady isn't good on third and long anymore. Plus josh.doesnt give us a chance. Thank God the last two are at home.

Is it Brady's fault McDaniels calls a screen pass to Edelman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results