PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t score more than 10 against the Steelers yet the browns can score 17 against the broncos. That’s sad. The way we’re playing we’d lose to Cleveland

Looking forward to Hoyer. Maybe Brady can play DT and give himself a chance to run a balanced offense. He stopped running once he saw Pitt gash us up the middle

I’d rather see that than Brady trying to catch a pass.

Im kidding. Sort of :)

I dread to think what Gurley could do against this run defense... :confused:

10 carries

700 yards. 10 TDs

They’d take him out because he’d be so exhausted after his first 10 runs

I have never bought into this idea of two different standards for enforcing the rules based on which team qualifying as an "excuse". It's a pretty simple concept: these are all professional athletes; if one side can get away with whatever they want most of the time, and the other side conversely gets called for things that often aren't there at all, it doesn't take a NASA employee to figure out that the side getting away with stuff is going to win nine out of ten times. There were ten more penalties called on us than on the Steelers - 100 more yards' worth. In case you didn't notice, twice we had holding penalties called against us in the red zone: once with first and goal at the five-yard-line, and once with second and five at the eleven; both times, Romo made a point of questioning the call. I suppose you think Romo is in the habit of making excuses for us?
We often get the good side of penalties called, but call other fanbases excuse making crybabies. Anyway, the team is sloppy and several key players are in regression. We would NOT have easily one. Heck, our one td was an absolute gift. We are a 11-5 team who skill wish will probably be more 9-7 come playoffs. 3-5 on the road. Its a pattern.

I only recall one team who could win consistently while playing paper Mache defense at te line, daring the other team to run. That was the Colts who thought they could out pass anybody and were usually right. They also had multi million dollar DEs. Even then, in their championship year, I think, they were forced to acquire Booger McFarland after Denver gashed them late season.

Don’t see the humor. The afc is wide open this year.

Not for the Patriots it's not especially when they are this awful on the road.

This is the worst team the Patriots have had in 10 years and it's not close.

Maybe people should focus on the pats inability to clinch the division and the playoffs for two straight weeks and ask your self if that it self isn't concerning going into the playoffs where that needs to happen weekly.

Im rather amused at the idea that bill him self prolly already knows that this team doesnt have it. Not this year.

Call it spoiled, entitled or whatever. But making the playoffs coming from a weak division isn't the goal. At least I thought it wasnt.
They won't give up. With that being said, after the 4th and 15 came short and NE fell to 9-5, Bradys face kinda looked like he was thinking "def not our year".

Brady will keep fighting, but by now he likely at least has a feeling the team doesn't have the spark they need.

It was hilarious reading this forum, watching people post about how the loss of Conner would mean the Pats would suddenly figure out how to stop the run...so many people here r delusional...
I just hope the Pats don't get embarrassed in the WC round at home. I think Baltimore is the worst WC matchup because they have a nasty D and Jackson would run for 150...and we now Bill plays passive defense vs running qbs...I just hope Brady gets one more shot at a great playoff game in the WC round. Don't give him much of a chance vs anyone on the road...

Can someone tell me the last time the Pats lost 5 or more games in a season?

Not for the Patriots it's not especially when they are this awful on the road.

This is the worst team the Patriots have had in 10 years and it's not close.

If you can make the playoffs, you can win the Superbowl.

It was hilarious reading this forum, watching people post about how the loss of Conner would mean the Pats would suddenly figure out how to stop the run...so many people here r delusional...
I just hope the Pats don't get embarrassed in the WC round at home. I think Baltimore is the worst WC matchup because they have a nasty D and Jackson would run for 150...and we now Bill plays passive defense vs running qbs...I just hope Brady gets one more shot at a great playoff game in the WC round. Don't give him much of a chance vs anyone on the road...
You freaking dunce. Nobody was saying that. Nobody thinks a completely irrelevant player to the Patriots has any effect on their defense. They probably made the logical assumption that not playing their best RB would give our run defense a better chance. You'll never know whether they were right or wrong.

You can do a lot of **** talking because you were right that this team kinda sucks, I guess, so congratulations on your favorite team (?) not playing up to standards. Better to be right on a forum than root for your team and be wrong.

Well he doesn’t think the Pats are either.

Is he wrong to think that way? The Pats have the potential to get there but haven't put a complete game together yet.

Their best game was vs Vikings at home. They will need that type of performance on the road to get to the SB and they haven't shown they are capable of it yet this season.

I would say they’ll be in cap hell in a few years but with the cap continuing to rise they might be ok with the contracts they dished out this offseason.

I keep hearing about cap hell for teams but it never seems to show itself.

Can someone tell me the last time the Pats lost 5 or more games in a season?
2008 i believe. Last time with Brady - without looking 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST