PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutsy win last night, gotta hand it to the d and the short handed offense, both did well. Offense was without gronk/michel/mason and white was pretty hobbled in the 2nd half(but did put in a courageous effort) so i give it a positive rating for sure.

Best our d has looked, the Miami and buffalo wins were more dominant but this came against Aaron rodgers. Pass rush looked excellent, i cant remember seeing such good consistent pressure, didnt get many sacks but it really helped throw rodgers off. Finally it looks like what some of us were getting hyped about in the preseason, if only we had bentley too :( jmac had a great game aside from one play, some beautiful pd’s. Very encouraging from the d.

Offense wasn’t pretty, but they did put up 31 while pretty shorthanded thanks to great coaching and some trickery. And of course the goat. We really need someone who can run between the tackles tho not sure how much longer we can get away without that. Hopefully michel is ready next week. I still think him and white have too big a workload, hoping rex will be back later.

Guy had the play of the game imo. We were in a world of trouble at that point and rodgers was catching fire. That fumble turned it all around and apprared to spark the offense. Also big shoutout to dorsett, that was a huge 3rd down catch on that drive or we are once again handing it right back to gb. Some nice grabs on the opening td drive as well. Gordon another monster play/game.

Special teams had another solid outing, good net yardage on punts and ko coverage was solid. Patterson had some nice returns outshined by his performance at rb. Great when he gets outside but if that’s taken away he couldn’t do much in between the tackles not surprisingly, hopefully it wont matter in a week but his value seems to be increasing each week, great addition.

Great win. For all the media buzz over this game, it was an easy win (we could have put up 38) despite not having out starting TE, RB, and RG.
Could've put up 45 if they kept going towards the end + Patterson's TD was not overturned.

McCarthy's going to lose his job because he's got a QB who doesn't step it up late in games against winning teams.
Although you'd never know that by the media coverage.

I love Twitter after games like these:

jim_rude41-33‏ @33Rude41
Replying to @JWilliam7332 @DebruskSzn and
Brady was terrible tonight. He’s been pretty bad all season. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still the great at throwing 3 yard passes

Rodgers is absolutely outplaying Brady! -Brady’s RB doesn’t fumble the ball away! -Brady’s Defense doesn’t fall for fake reverses and flea flickers -Brady has Belichick AGAIN

Travis‏ @Itstravis8 13h13 hours ago
Replying to @stoolpresidente
Was the fumble his fault? Or the “roughing the kicker”? Or the defense giving up 31 points?

10 replies1 retweet23 likes

Rogers can do nothing wrong and is the GOATTTZZZZZ

And Aaron Rodgers against winning teams he trails in the fourth quarter continues to be Aaron Rodgers against winning teams when he trails in the fourth quarter.

I hear he’s better at holding a bottle of scotch

Is Aaron's arm ok by the way? noticed that his body language signals (believe in the 4th quarter) that perhaps he hurt his hand.

Last edited:
If the coverage disguises were (mostly) effective against an uber-savvy vet like Rodgers, just think what they could do to Mariota, Darnold (twice), Osweiler, and whoever the Bills sign off the street for wk-16. Could be a lot of takeaways in the future.

I wonder how much they "save" and how much they use week to week? It's back to my strategy comment about Ernie Adams earlier today. If a QB just shows that he's impatient and not willing to march down the field in 10-12 plays or makes common mistakes even against non-disguised coverages...how much do the Pats put "on tape" by using it against such an opponent? I have no idea if this is a thing or not, just curiosity.

I also think the same way in game - it "seems" like the Gronk seam route would be open every play, but know its not and is often utilized against a specific coverage shown earlier in that very game.

It could be 100% the opposite and they empty the playbook every preparation session. Having never been in the Pats prep sessions or in game during adjustments - I have no idea.

I thought the defense played lights out, and, most importantly, INTELLIGENTLY. Even Clayborn seemed to control his pass rush a bit, without losing his wild abandon. The defensive line understood how to "contain" Rodgers and the secondary was extremely solid. The touchdown to Graham and a very of the other completions were just simply fantastic execution by Rodgers and Co., and you just shake your head. But that's all you can ask of your defense: make the other team execute near-perfectly to score TDs. Solid effort.

I also thought the offense did great, although there typical multi-series third quarter thaw did get me a tad nervous. I have to admit that that the 3rd and 4th down passes from the near 1-yard line made no sense to this armchair OC, but other than that, excellent play calling, especially in the 4Q.

Is Aaron's arm ok by the way? noticed that his body language signals (believe in the 4th quarter) that perhaps he hurt his hand.
Looked like he was moving his elbow around as well.

I wonder how much they "save" and how much they use week to week? It's back to my strategy comment about Ernie Adams earlier today. If a QB just shows that he's impatient and not willing to march down the field in 10-12 plays or makes common mistakes even against non-disguised coverages...how much do the Pats put "on tape" by using it against such an opponent? I have no idea if this is a thing or not, just curiosity.

I also think the same way in game - it "seems" like the Gronk seam route would be open every play, but know its not and is often utilized against a specific coverage shown earlier in that very game.

It could be 100% the opposite and they empty the playbook every preparation session. Having never been in the Pats prep sessions or in game during adjustments - I have no idea.

I hear ya. Personally, I wouldn't bother disguising coverages against Peterman. Why bother? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes