PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watch the D that’s one of the biggest elements that’s missing for me. QBs seem too comfortable and have too long to pick apart the coverage, which Is usually decent.

Keep this in mind. Both KC and the Bears are built with Rookie QB's and have multiple explosive speedy playmakers. They were going to get their big plays. The key to this game was to get pressure on Trubisky and force him to make some poor decisions. And they did that. They could have had 4 int's today. Trubisky over or under threw his targets multiple times. Unfortunately the Pats turned it over three times as well.

Teams are built one way or another depending on their talent. Some rely on their defenses to keep them in the game and others rely on their offense. The Pats obviously rely on their offense to keep them in the game and only need the Defense to slow down the opposing team's offense and they're doing that.

You can't start fumbling or throwing picks or turning the ball over three times a game and expect your complimentary defense to all of a sudden become a shut down unit.

If the Pats can stop putting their defense in short field situations via stupid squib kicks, interceptions, fumbles or 97 yard kick off returns we'll see that the defense is actually a good complimentary unit.

Can they get better? Yes they can and they are. If the communication improved it would help some but I think the biggest defensive improvements will come from both the ST units and the offense cleaning up their turnovers which will keep the defense from defending short fields on short rest.

5-2. Yeah, it's all bad...as usual. Why don't you ****in' cry babies have a doctor put you in induced comas until the playoffs. Jeezus krist what a bunch of ****in' nit picking nitwits.

Here are a few tweets by Lazar to make everyone feel better about the hail mary:

I like how everyone did their job and didn't panic when the ball was coming in. Gordon -- the jumper -- did what he was supposed to do and tried to swat the ball down and the rest of the DBs were in position to tackle and keep the player out of the endzone if a catch was made.

Good coaching. Great execution. The difference between a hail mary or a stop on the 1 yd line.

5-2. Yeah, it's all bad...as usual. Why don't you ****in' cry babies have a doctor put you in induced comas until the playoffs. Jeezus krist what a bunch of ****in' nit picking nitwits.
The win is great but the defense is still a massive liability and they’ll need to get much, MUCH better if this team is to get where it wants to be.

Pass rush from the D line and speed covering tight ends/RBs out of the linebackers and safeties are problems that I don’t think communication are going to help.
But they aren't what's been hurting us the most the last couple of weeks

BB has some things he has to straighten out this week, it's almost November, we can't carry some things into years end/playoffs.

This team is still gelling, though it's unfortunate that the injuries have played such a large role, particularly at RB.

With the exception of Trubisky's sandlot runs the defense played rather well considering that the Offense gave the Bears two short fields and Special Teams gave them 1. The front 7 continued to put a LOT of pressure on the QB and were held quite a bit by the Bears O-Line.

Clayborn, who led the team in QB pressures, got his 1st sack.

Chung seems to have lost a step in his coverage of TEs and RBs out of the backfield. It's also interesting that he seems to be lining up in the slot opposite J. Jones in Dime formations regardless of who is there and I think that's hurt the team.

Last edited:
Here are a few tweets by Lazar to make everyone feel better about the hail mary:

I like how everyone did their job and didn't panic when the ball was coming in. Gordon -- the jumper -- did what he was supposed to do and tried to swat the ball down and the rest of the DBs were in position to tackle and keep the player out of the endzone if a catch was made.

Good coaching. Great execution. The difference between a hail mary or a stop on the 1 yd line.

Wow. What a great way to handle a hail mary

Chung seems to have lost a step in his coverage of TEs and RBs out of the backfield.

Obviously we won't know before the A22 is out but I am not sure Chung was much in coverage on Burton. In fact I don't think the team really made Burton a priority at all.

And Cohen will make a lot more athletic players look slow. I would not count that against Chung tbh.

This team is still gelling, though it's unfortunate that the injuries have played such a large role, particularly at RB.

With the exception of Trubisky's sandlot runs the defense played rather well considering that the Offense gave the Bears two short fields and Special Teams gave them 1. The front 7 continued to put a LOT of pressure on the QB and were held quite a bit by the Bears O-Line.

Clayborn, who let the team in QB pressures, got his 1st sack.

Chung seems to have lost a step in his coverage of TEs and RBs out of the backfield. It's also interesting that he seems to be lining up in the slot opposite J. Jones in Dime formations regardless of who is there and I think that's hurt the team.

Yea just in regards to the hiccups/botched plays we rarely do and dropped ints but I'm sure Bill will straighten it out, very unlike us, glad we pulled away tho.

The win is great but the defense is still a massive liability and they’ll need to get much, MUCH better if this team is to get where it wants to be.

The massive liability has been the turnovers and short fields. Squib kicks, fumbles, Ints. Get rid of those and this team can beat anyone.

Yeah..and THIS is the year they WON'T get better!!-It's bad!!! Real Bad!!! We need Aaron Rodgers!@!!! I knew this would eventually happen after nearly 20 years..I KNEW they'd finally be REAL BAD...and fall off a ****in' cliff. They'll never get better now..all done...wish they kept Jimmy...no playmakers on defense..it's LUCK!! That's all it is...blind luck and THIS year YOU'LL SEE!! Oh yeah, YOU'LL SEE!!!! and all of you will finally know, I, Chris Crippledbrain, am THE KNOWER OF THINGS!!! ME!!! We gotta get Rodgers!!! HE'S the best of all time just as I, the KNOWER , told you!!! and at last it's TRUE!! Brady sucked today. He threw an interception!!!! Didn't you see that???? You can't do that!! Aaron would NEVER have done that...and Jimmy??? Jimmy would have thrown TEN TD's ...EASY!!!

yeah...all bad and this time for good.

Wow. What a great way to handle a hail mary

I’m guessing this is true only for plays where the ball does not reach the EZ. Otherwise, it’s a TD right? I wonder if they all jump in the EZ.

I’m guessing this is true only for plays where the ball did not reach the EZ. Otherwise, it’s a TD right? I wonder if they all jump in the EZ.

Luukd posted a tweet for that as well. Only the jumper goes for the ball and the rest prevent the tip to another player.

I’m guessing this is true only for plays where the ball does not reach the EZ. Otherwise, it’s a TD right? I wonder if they all jump in the EZ.

The massive liability has been the turnovers and short fields. Squib kicks, fumbles, Ints. Get rid of those and this team can beat anyone.
Let me try to understand what you’re saying here... you think this is a good defense? Yes or no? And why or why not?

When I watch the D that’s one of the biggest elements that’s missing for me. QBs seem too comfortable and have too long to pick apart the coverage, which Is usually decent.

To me, your comment says that you don't understand what putting pressure on the QB truly is or what a pass rush is.

The Pats are in the Top 5 for QB pressures in the league. QB pressures lead to interceptions. The Pats had 2 of them and should have had 4. They also forced Trubisky to make numerous bad throws. I mean, at one point he was 4 for 13 and he finished 26 for 50.

Look at Trubisky's stats PRIOR to today: Through 5 games:
113/161 -1261 yards, 70.2% completion, 11 TDs passing , 4 Ints

Today:
26/50 - 333 yards, 52% completion, 2TD / 2 Int

The Pats clearly made Trubisky uncomfortable, forcing him to make 50 attempts.

Something else.

Prior to today, the Bears rushing Tandem of Howard and Cohen had done the following:
110 carries / 442 yards - 4.01 YPC

18 carries / 53 yards - 2.94 YPC

Yes, Trubisky and his sandlot running hurt them. That's happened before with the likes of Roethlisberger when he was younger. The one run was embarrassing, but over-all, the Pats Defense clamped down in the Bears offense.

Yeah..and THIS is the year they WON'T get better!!-It's bad!!! Real Bad!!! We need Aaron Rodgers!@!!! I knew this would eventually happen after nearly 20 years..I KNEW they'd finally be REAL BAD...and fall off a ****in' cliff. They'll never get better now..all done...wish they kept Jimmy...no playmakers on defense..it's LUCK!! That's all it is...blind luck and THIS year YOU'LL SEE!! Oh yeah, YOU'LL SEE!!!! and all of you will finally know, I, Chris Crippledbrain, am THE KNOWER OF THINGS!!! ME!!! We gotta get Rodgers!!! HE'S the best of all time just as I, the KNOWER , told you!!! and at last it's TRUE!! Brady sucked today. He threw an interception!!!! Didn't you see that???? You can't do that!! Aaron would NEVER have done that...and Jimmy??? Jimmy would have thrown TEN TD's ...EASY!!!

yeah...all bad and this time for good.
Eh, I’m not sure. Usually they’re turning it around by this time but I’m not seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents