PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both times the defender got through so cleanly that I don't think it can be on Andrews. Usually he is pretty sound with being in the right place even if he can get beat physically.
The first one was up the middle. The second one was a late rush around Waddle by Smith. Waddle and Mason were Doubling the DE and Waddle missed picking up Smith who got the sack.

I didn't see him with a PBU. I saw him with at the LOS on Cohen. I saw him burned by Cohen on a crossing route. I saw his man drop a ball when he was a full step behind and then him pound his chest like he did something.

If you're talking about the seam route I think that ball hit Rowe's leg.

For anybody that wishes to take a break from ranting and raving about how horrible today's winning team was, peruse some of the Chicago Bears fan forums:

Chicago Bears Forum

Halas Hall • Chicago Bears Forum - News and Talk

Chicago Bears Message Boards - Chicago Bears Football

/r/CHIBears ≡GSH≡

gfqv49byelt11.jpg

I want video of that film session.
Chris Harper's ash was brought back to remind Patterson how that fking fumble could literally change the fking trajectory of a entire season. Sony was injured the very next possession. Just like the whiffed punt by Chris Harper led to Gronk's injury and the loss of HFA.

Chris Harper's ash was brought back to remind Patterson how that fking fumble could literally change the fking trajectory of a entire season. Sony was injured the very next possession. Just like the whiffed punt by Chris Harper led to Gronk's injury and the loss of HFA.

I really don't think that is the right approach in terms of connecting independent events. By that logic it is Brady's fault that Cannon is sitting out with a concussion.

**** happens sometimes and we really don't need to create one narrative thread through it based on speculation. Who knows what other horrors happened in the alternate universe where Patterson didn't fumble.

Why are opposing backs and TE’s ALWAYS OPEN 5-8 yards past line of scrimmage? Is it Zone, is it man and our cover guys are too slow? That TE today was open almost all day in that range, and picked up several first downs......the pats backs and ends always have defenders draped on them in that range....how can they fix this?

I'll take 5-2 all day. Should be 6-2 after next week. Considering how sloppy and inconsistent we look

Given everything so far getting into the BYE at 8-2 -- which seems pretty doable -- would be amazing.

Who cares about 5-2? There is no way we jump up in the polls with that lack of style points.

We better beat Western Buffalo A&M by 50 next week.

Mike Loyko‏ @NEPD_Loyko 1m1 minute ago...
The defense still has holes and flaws that I don't see fixing and this team is still characterized by uncharacteristic turnovers and self-inflicted wounds over the course of games.

AGREE..Need defensive help before the trade deadline

I think that Munson would be ideal to add in terms of some defensive help. I think he's got the speed to help covering TEs and RBs and to spy mobile QBs..

The thing is I am not even sure what to look at. We can obviously have a pitchfork session and rip apart all the individual whiffs but there really is not much to learn or understand there.

First of all thanks for your heroic efforts with re-watch threads to make some sense here during tough Sep times for this board.

The work's obviously not over ;). Plenty of positives despite all the blunders. Hopefully i can join this week..

Will people stop with the “one yard” thing. Sorry Fouts is a bumbling idiot, and I have no idea how he actually played QB. The defense was designed to allow a reception anywhere on the field up until the one yard line. It was significantly more difficult to complete that pass had traveled an extra yard, since that’s where the Patriots defense was defending. It was a fairly unlikely - but not at all impossible - completion by design and a good defensive play.

Hasson Reddick would be a great addition as well and could move Roberts to the bench permanently unless they include Roberts in the Trade...

Regardless of how pathetic the defense looked and how sloppy we were, you have to give credit to the mental toughness we clearly have. We found a way to win despite all of that on the road. I think that's a good sign.

Why are opposing backs and TE’s ALWAYS OPEN 5-8 yards past line of scrimmage? Is it Zone, is it man and our cover guys are too slow? That TE today was open almost all day in that range, and picked up several first downs......the pats backs and ends always have defenders draped on them in that range....how can they fix this?

Who knows.

Sometimes the team purposefully gives he other team the underneath to discourage them from beating them with whoever they consider more dangerous deeper down the field.

Sometimes they want to make the opponent QB lose his patience after taking the small gain time & time again and bait him into bad throws.

Other times they just want to make the opponents pull off long drives in the hope that they might **** their pants at some point.

Obviously there are also times where they just get beat. But if they considered it a major issue they'd adjust and turn it off the same way Kelce was held without a catch last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents