PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Dolphins @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why Belichick didn't rest Brady for the first 4-6 games of the season. I don't know why every time I raised the possibility I got called a troll. I don't know why an obviously superb backup QB who would have been perfect for the role as second QB was traded. But Belichick's insistence on not resting Brady sharply decreased the probability of the Patriots reaching the SB.

Stop trolling with this nonsense

Gronk, Flowers and Van Noy we need you guys

Watching the BB presser, seems the press is totally cowed by him.

Q: "Can you explain what happened on the onside kick?"

BB: "They recovered it."
At least someone had the balls to ask him about it.

At least someone had the balls to ask him about it.

Waste of a question. What did they expect the answer to be ?

They obviously tried something and it didnt work at all. Not sure what else there is to say about it.

And I hope that all the people who spent last night making fun of the Steelers during their game have smartened up.
I have no idea why anyone would overlook an opponent who has the best WR and dual threat RB in the game. It makes zero sense. It goes without saying that they are fully capable of scoring points.

I think some are relying on Brady’s past success and the weakness in the Steeler secondary, but like most weeks, they’ll need to be sharp and bring their A game. This isn’t the Bucs or the Jets.

No way can Roberts, Lee, etc cover Brown, Ju ju, and Bell out of the back field. This is going to be a very very difficult game ( to say the least).

Last edited:
This is probably the most disappointing loss since Super Bowl 46. Just..ugh...

Really? I don’t see how this loss is even close to games which ended our seasons (the 2 afc title games in Denver or the home afc title loss to Baltimore)

Waste of a question. What did they expect the answer to be ?

They obviously tried something and it didnt work at all. Not sure what else there is to say about it.
He could have easily said what many other coaches would’ve said in terms of trying a new technique they thought would’ve worked, or that Gostkowksi had been practicing a different way of placing the ball, etc. Those are reasonable answers to a simple question.

If you’re claiming that there’s no curiosity as to why such a successful team would try such a moronic way of attempting an onside kick, you’re wrong. Although no one would expect Belichick to actually answer the question truthfully, there is most certainly plenty more to say about it.

Like I said to begin with, I’m surprised anyone even had the balls to bring it up.

I have no idea why anyone would overlook an opponent who has the best WR and dual threat RB in the game. It makes zero sense. It goes without saying that they are fully capable of scoring points.

I think some are relying on Brady’s past success and the weakness in the Steeler secondary, but like most weeks, they’ll need to be sharp and bring their A game. This isn’t the Bucs or the Jets.
Stopping Bell is key. Brown will get some yards, just limit the damage on big downs (we usually do vs Brown). If Bell gets going, the rest of their receivers will find more openings. I do think Bell will be motivated after flaming out last year in the AFCCG.

He could have easily said what many other coaches would’ve said in terms of trying a new technique they thought would’ve worked, or that Gostkowksi had been practicing a different way of placing the ball, etc. Those are reasonable answers to a simple question.

If you’re claiming that there’s no curiosity as to why such a successful team would try such a moronic way of attempting an onside kick, you’re wrong. Although no one would expect Belichick to actually answer the question truthfully, there is most certainly plenty more to say about it.

Like I said to begin with, I’m surprised anyone even had the balls to bring it up.

Why give up any competitive edge ? They clearly tried something that didnt work this time. Given how successful Judge & co have been this season on ST I am very hesitant calling something moronic just because the end result looked stupid.

While I would love to hear the reasoning about what they were hoping for I think we all know that we will never get that.

Has the line on the Pittsburgh game been posted yet? Curious to see what it will be.

Stopping Bell is key. Brown will get some yards, just limit the damage on big downs (we usually do vs Brown). If Bell gets going, the rest of their receivers will find more openings. I do think Bell will be motivated after flaming out last year in the AFCCG.
I could be wrong, but I think that Brown is averaging more than 40% of their offensive production this year. Doubling him is huge. He’s most likely the new media consensus for MVP of the league now.

As you say though, they’ll have to stop Bell, too, and if you think Drake offered a dual threat, wait until you see 6-8-10 passes to Bell on Sunday.

I could be wrong, but I think that Brown is averaging more than 40% of their offensive production this year. Doubling him is huge. He’s most likely the new media consensus for MVP of the league now.

As you say though, they’ll have to stop Bell, too, and if you think Drake offered a dual threat, wait until you see 6-8-10 passes to Bell on Sunday.

I expect the squealers to throw those swing passes to bell. Need van noy badly for this game.

Why give up any competitive edge ?
I don’t think they’d have been giving up a competitive edge by stating that it was something that they’ve tried and had some success with in practice, or that they felt that they could catch Miami off guard, or any other insanely generic answer.

Again, I doubt that anyone seriously thought that Belichick would answer the question reasonably or truthfully, which is why I commented about having the balls to ask it in the first place, but I’m sure it was a question that was on plenty of people’s minds and that plenty would’ve been interested in hearing more, like you've mentioned.
While I would love to hear the reasoning about what they were hoping for I think we all know that we will never get that.
I agree that we’re unlikely to get an answer anytime soon, but he’s given some insight into why they tried different techniques or why they felt they had better odds of seeing success on certain plays before. I guess you can’t blame a reporter for asking.

Has the line on the Pittsburgh game been posted yet? Curious to see what it will be.

Steelers were 3 point favs last I checked. Unsure how many points a home team automatically gets.

I expect the squealers to throw those swing passes to bell. Need van noy badly for this game.
Bell has caught 9 or more passes in 3/4 past games, and has been targeted 10+ times in 10/13 games this season. You can bet your bottom dollar that they’ll be throwing him passes in the flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back